Any breeders have current litters?

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
DogRose

Re: Any breeders have current litters?

Post by DogRose » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

muppettdog wrote:People do not pay a "fee" to be on the NFRS members list. They have to be paid up members of the NFRS to go on the list.

L x

I thought I would need to pay an extra tenner to get on the breeders list, apart from my membership fees? Or is that not so?
Marion Benham
Tethys Rattery
Chimbly, Pan, Colin, Venus, Brianie, Gala, Jethro, Sullivan, Peony and Maud.

nette

Post by nette » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:22 am

i also read that you have to pay £10 to go on the list??

here
All NFRS ‘Novice’ breeders must register to be eligible for the NFRS Novice Award, but by registering, you are not
automatically added to the NFRS Breeders list unless you wish to be included. Please ensure you delete the
correct line below. The current fee for registering a rattery name is a one off charge of £10.00 and then a second
one off charge of £10.00 at studname registration.
For breeders without a Studname to be eligible for the Novice Award please include the Rattery Name you wish to
use, which will be sent for approval to the NFRS Executive Committee. If/When the breeder achieves the
requirements to apply for their Studname; the name itself will have already been approved so the breeder needs to
send proof of wins/stud registration fees to the Standards Officer/Treasurer.
Please send the completed form with a cheque/postal order for £10.00 payable to the NFRS to address above.
love janette x
and all the ratties at Stillyrats Stud

http://www.freewebs.com/stillyrats

julietm1977

Re: Looking for two boy rats in the Newcastle area

Post by julietm1977 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:55 pm

jollup wrote:Hi,

I am having trouble contacting breeders in the North East who may be able to supply me with two little ratty boys...
I have left various messages and PM'd someone on here, but not even had a response to say they don't have any...

So I am putting a post here in case any breeders in the region are looking at it and might want to get in touch...

Just PM me if you know a good breeder or are a breeder with a litter coming up as I would like to come and visit and hopefully get two little ones to accompany my Bertie. (Coffee was recently deceased... :( )

Thanks...

If you have a lone boy i would also strongly suggest a rescue to get a couple from as there are soooooooo many needing good forever homes

Good luck
Juliet x
Shakespeare Rats
Breeding healthy rats with excellent temperaments in Russian Blue, Black and Siamese.Sometimes Berkshire's in these varieties

Estelle

Post by Estelle » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:21 pm

DogRose wrote:
muppettdog wrote:People do not pay a "fee" to be on the NFRS members list. They have to be paid up members of the NFRS to go on the list.

L x

I thought I would need to pay an extra tenner to get on the breeders list, apart from my membership fees? Or is that not so?

I think when Lisa said 'NFRS list', she actually meant the NFRS forum rather than the breeders list. The forum is for paid up members only and breeder rats are advertised on there, but to be on the NFRS breeders list and be able to advertise kittens on the NFRS forum you have to register a rattery which does cost £10 extra.

DogRose

Post by DogRose » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Ah, all clear now :)
Marion Benham
Tethys Rattery
Chimbly, Pan, Colin, Venus, Brianie, Gala, Jethro, Sullivan, Peony and Maud.

muppettdog

Post by muppettdog » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks Estelle that is kind of what I meant.

I also do not see the £10 fee as a payment in order to go on the breeders list.

The £10 fee is to register a rattery name. Many people who have registered their rattery name have done so before they have even started breeding as they are aiming towards a goal.

Part of the thought behind this is to encourage people to breed responsibly, by researching their plans and ideas and then putting them into place with the help and support of the NFRS and its members and being a "Recognisable Rattery" within our club. Hopefully eventually working towards a studname, but at least if not then they have the guidance of the club they have registered with.

Being able to be part of the breeders list is just an offshoot of this, not the whole point.

L x
Halcyon Rats of Lowestoft Suffolk

http://halcyonrats.weebly.com/

Duracell

Re: Looking for two boy rats in the Newcastle area

Post by Duracell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:44 pm

julietm1977 wrote:
jollup wrote:Hi,

I am having trouble contacting breeders in the North East who may be able to supply me with two little ratty boys...
I have left various messages and PM'd someone on here, but not even had a response to say they don't have any...

So I am putting a post here in case any breeders in the region are looking at it and might want to get in touch...

Just PM me if you know a good breeder or are a breeder with a litter coming up as I would like to come and visit and hopefully get two little ones to accompany my Bertie. (Coffee was recently deceased... :( )

Thanks...

If you have a lone boy i would also strongly suggest a rescue to get a couple from as there are soooooooo many needing good forever homes

Good luck
Juliet x

The problem is (not that it is a problem) that there don't seem to be many rescue rats up here at the moment I know we don't have any and the RSPCA don't have any at the moment although you could try paws for thought but they had none as of last week.

The last time I needed rats urgently I had to travel to liverpool to get rescue rats, so a breeder may be the best option for this person. Unless a rat train could be sorted.

Of course if I am wrong and some one knows of a rat or two looking for a home up here please put me right :lol:
Tallulah, Poppy and Mr Cheese my older rats/Bernard, Humphrey, Super Noodle, Tom, Ben and Jerry my spring chickens
Luna, Zaphod, Matty and Misty the Buns/Cleo the cat

Small Animal Rescue in the North east: http://www.nrsarescue.org/ Give a Hobo a home!

snaisby

Post by snaisby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

hi guys, this is my first post, have been lurking on this forum for a good few months though! thought it was finally time to come out of the shadows :)

i've been looking for two rescue baby boys in the NE for about a month and a half now, without any luck. i haven't any ratties at all at the moment and am desperate to get some more! i've been living in university accommodation for the past year, so when my two girls passed away about a year and a half ago i couldn't commit to getting any more. now that i'm in a position to have rats again i can't wait to get some, but i'm definitely not buying from a pet shop. so i guess i'll just have to keep waiting and have my eyes peeled!

any info anyone has on breeders in the north east area would be much appreciated - i've never had rats from a breeder before, so don't really know how to go about it :-? and rescue babies seem to be thin on the ground up here!

Sarah xx
Sarah :)
Mum to Russian Bloo Titus :smileyrat: Black Self Pike :smileyrat: Ginger Splodgy Pan :smileyrat: & Io the Ivory :smileyrat:
RIP my beautiful boys Dylan, Domino and Dexter
and my past girls: Noodle, Pax and Pinky

Angel Rats

Post by Angel Rats » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi,
I have always had rescued raties but would love to have two baby girls from a breeder to add to my group of four. I have a explorer cage so it would take six ratie no problem. I am in Scotand if any one knows of good breeder could you pm me please.
Diane