One Rat, Two Rat, White Rat,Blue Rat???

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
the_ruffian

One Rat, Two Rat, White Rat,Blue Rat???

Post by the_ruffian » Wed May 06, 2009 11:01 am

:smileyrat: We all have our preferances in so many areas of life; prefering blue cars or white, pasta or steak,horror films to rom coms.... so in the name of curiosity, tell us what are your preferances when it comes to rats?...top ears? dumbo? hairless or fur? rex? black? siamese?silver?hooded?roan? and please feel free to add pics of your examples! Lets see it folks! :dumbo: :D
Is soon to be ratless.:'(

gilly

Re: One Rat, Two Rat, White Rat,Blue Rat???

Post by gilly » Wed May 06, 2009 11:10 am

I def prefer top ears, not to say anything bad about dumbos, just not my cuppa! I love silver fawns, varis, essex, hoodies. Badgers are a fave too, so basically, marked rats!!!! I have a silver fawn, topaz vari and cinny vari coming at the weekend, v excited!!! But really, i think if you can look past colour and look at individual temperments, thats just as appealing. I had a breeder say, never overlook the plainer rats, they are usually incredibly sweet, so i think you can have the best looking rat ever, but if its a total bar steward, its not that attractive.
With love, Andrea, Jasper, Huxley and Marley. RIP Milo, Merlin, Bob, Jim, Red, Murphy, Riley, Quil. At the bridge xx

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Midnight Rose » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 am

Topeared and smooth coated in agouti or any agouti based variety.

I absolutely love Amercian cinnamon -

I also love black and white splodgies and am Queen of the Black Splodgy Things.
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

North of England Rat Society - Pet Initiative

the_ruffian

Post by the_ruffian » Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am

I spyed a hairy chest in the background...(covers eyes and peeks through fingers) :lol:

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Midnight Rose » Wed May 06, 2009 11:35 am

Whenever I get that photo out someone comments on the chest.

Like you've all never seen one before 8)
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

North of England Rat Society - Pet Initiative

PinaBallerina

Post by PinaBallerina » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

I LOVE Dumbos. Dumbos ftw. Not that there's anything wrong with top ears though. :D I also like black rats, and the agouti hooded ones.

Hobbit Stealer

Post by Hobbit Stealer » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

I like dumbos :dumbo: :hearts: it's hard to choose a favourite variety but I apparently have a 'thing' for roans :lol: I think my absolute favourite is agouti/mink roan, closely followed by himilayans and black-eyed siamese. I like smooth coat too but I just adore rex, they look like teddybears and I'd love to own a rex or two one day :wink: At the moment my dream rat is a curlywurly black-eyed siamese :hearts:
Black berkies are cute too ooh and I think essex is stunning. Cinnamon is a really pretty colour and I really like burmese too :)
That's not to say I dislike top ears, smooth coats or agoutis or hoodeds of course :D
Mandy and the Boys: Agouti rex Widget, black roan Teddy, mink berkshire Hobbit and champagne self Womble
I survived Dark Wednesday!
Scrumpy, Whiskey, Murphy and Chaser - we miss you <3
Goodbye Jack :'(

aimlessdesire

Post by aimlessdesire » Wed May 06, 2009 11:52 am

Black Eyed Russian Blue Point Siamese and Black in top ear and smooth coats are my favourites :) After that it'll be black berkshire perferably with a blaze as well, followed by splodgy things - though I'd have to fight Midnight Rose for the black ones ;)

As you asked for pictures - black eyed russian blue point siamese
Caledonian Rattery breeding for Russian Blue Point Siamese, Black Eyed Siamese, Black and Russian Blue.

NewRat

Post by NewRat » Wed May 06, 2009 11:55 am

I love top-eared, my mum loves dumbos. :lol: I love smooth fur. All the markings are beautiful, but I do love variegated and hooded markings. And I love any colour except black or agouti.
RIP David xx Run Free at the Bridge. Love you always xx 19th February 2011
RIP Jack and Mickey xx Run free at the Bridge. Love you forever xx 20th June 2011

Jessalina

Post by Jessalina » Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 am

I'm a sucker for a rex. They really are like little bears :p I also have a fondness for the more common colours like champers, agouti (especially hooded) and black because of special past rats. Oh and smeezers, I :hearts: my smeezers! I really want a cinnie and a PEW one day. And I do like blues.
As far as ears go, I don't really have a preference, although I happen to be overrun with dumbos atm :lol:
Careful now

aquajen9

Post by aquajen9 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Ruby eyed Siamese and Agouti. closely followed by Black eyed Siamese, Red and Black eyed Himalayan, PEW, Black, Topaz, Variegateds, Badgers and RBPS. I love Rexes and Smooths. I could live without Dumbos, but they're cute.

To be honest I don't want to pick one love.. :lol:
Jenna and the rats of Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Rattery Breeding for Black Eyed and Ruby Eyed Siamese, Russian Blue and Black. Some Dumbo and Rex.. Agouti Variegated and Topaz Variegated.

CurlySongbird

Post by CurlySongbird » Wed May 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Top eared marked or vari in any colours :D I'm also partial to badgers. *claps*

the_ruffian

Post by the_ruffian » Wed May 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Hobbit Stealer wrote:I like dumbos :dumbo: :hearts: it's hard to choose a favourite variety but I apparently have a 'thing' for roans :lol: I think my absolute favourite is agouti/mink roan, closely followed by himilayans and black-eyed siamese. I like smooth coat too but I just adore rex, they look like teddybears and I'd love to own a rex or two one day :wink: At the moment my dream rat is a curlywurly black-eyed siamese :hearts:
Black berkies are cute too ooh and I think essex is stunning. Cinnamon is a really pretty colour and I really like burmese too :)
That's not to say I dislike top ears, smooth coats or agoutis or hoodeds of course :D

LOL, so basically every rat is your fav! :lol:

the_ruffian

Post by the_ruffian » Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 pm

LOL, remember folks, this isnt a test, no right or wrong answers. Im partial to black hooded top eared rats(my fagin was one :love: ) But I love black rats as well. and the rex are too cute, make me think of velveteen, all cuddley!!.. :hearts: :love: :hearts: :dumbo: :hearts: ( siiigh)

aquajen9

Post by aquajen9 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Ooh and I love SF's too. And Baldies.
Jenna and the rats of Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Rattery Breeding for Black Eyed and Ruby Eyed Siamese, Russian Blue and Black. Some Dumbo and Rex.. Agouti Variegated and Topaz Variegated.