Turpin

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
Incendia

Turpin

Post by Incendia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am

Hi.
I'm interested in how a turpin rat look like. is there enyone in here, who has a picture i can se??

Hope you can help me.

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Turpin

Post by Midnight Rose » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 am

It is a chinchilla essex :)

I don't have a photo, but there is a good article by the chinchilliated-anything queen here which might mention breeding turpin.
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

North of England Rat Society - Pet Initiative

LisaLQ

Post by LisaLQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I've seen one, as Kathy at (formerly) Odyssey Rats has one. But it's hard to describe the variety. A speckly chinchillay essex, sort of! Very pretty :)

Pics of him on here:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Rat_Fanatics_O ... 2272839/1/

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I wants one - they are so gorgeous.
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

Incendia

Post by Incendia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

LisaLQ wrote:I've seen one, as Kathy at (formerly) Odyssey Rats has one. But it's hard to describe the variety. A speckly chinchillay essex, sort of! Very pretty :)

Pics of him on here:
it says error every time i try to se the pic... :(

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Incendia wrote:
LisaLQ wrote:I've seen one, as Kathy at (formerly) Odyssey Rats has one. But it's hard to describe the variety. A speckly chinchillay essex, sort of! Very pretty :)

Pics of him on here:
it says error every time i try to se the pic... :(
i think you need to be a member to see. pity there aren't photos uploaded elsewhere :(
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Just what i was about to say beri. But you can always join...
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:39 pm

some people might, but i'm not joining a forum just to see a photo :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

LisaLQ

Post by LisaLQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Edited instead of quoting. Lost the plot, am responding to post below....not above...

I think it might be good manners to ask before you post links to someone elses pictures.
Last edited by LisaLQ on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yoshimi

Post by yoshimi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 pm

You can also see the image at the photobucket URL which is public http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll30 ... 9dick1.jpg
The Goodwin Girls: Freya, Hnoss, Saga, Sagatoo, Dita, Strike Bullet & Hel :girly: RIP Champs, most recent to the bridge
Sarah Carling on Twitter, Sarah Carling on Linkedin, Sarah Carling on Facebook

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Midnight Rose » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:53 pm

You could always try getting in touch with the NFRS?
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

yoshimi

Post by yoshimi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

LisaLQ wrote:Edited instead of quoting. Lost the plot, am responding to post below....not above...

I think it might be good manners to ask before you post links to someone elses pictures.
Sorry the fact that the URL was actively available for the image sugested that the image was set to public viewing, and so for linking to. If the owner of the image doesn't wish for the image to be linked to it should have the privacy settings set in such a way that does not allow it to be viewed through a publicly available URL. As it is set it is open for anyone to see should Google look at the URL and in doing so index the image.
The Goodwin Girls: Freya, Hnoss, Saga, Sagatoo, Dita, Strike Bullet & Hel :girly: RIP Champs, most recent to the bridge

LisaLQ

Post by LisaLQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Just because you can doesn't mean you should, necessarily. I know if I wasn't a member of a forum and someone linked directly to my photo album without asking first, I'd be upset. Hence me posting a link to her forum instead of posting the pic myself.

yoshimi

Post by yoshimi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Wow, Then I'm sorry I have never come across anyone being upset at a link being pointed at something that is publicly available online before. I would strongly recommend that anyone who feels that strongly about it step up the security around their images, as anything linke that on the internet is, to all intents and purposes, public.

I link to things all day, from images on Flickr to peoples twitter profiles and websites. My entire industry is built around doing just that, it is in fact the entire bases of how Google works. I apologise if it has caused offence, and if the mods wish to remove the link they are welcome to. I would re-iterate though that as the URL is availble publicly so too is the image. If you have any data online which you do not wish to be available to the world at large you must make sure it is properly passworded, a=with a strong secure password.

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Midnight Rose » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

LisaLQ wrote:I know if I wasn't a member of a forum and someone linked directly to my photo album without asking first, I'd be upset
You can't get into the album (I just tried, it wants a password) so the rest of the pics are safe. I don't know if you can make photos private on photobucket but you can on flickr (although you can still link to them yourself, so you shouldn't in public areas to stop them popping up). I don't know how to make it so that you can't link to them or save them though when they are on flickr or similar.