its that time again... GMR has struck

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
kammi_sparky123

its that time again... GMR has struck

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Haha
"no more after these 2"
..yuh huh :roll: :lol:

I only have fourrrrrr
but my older 2 wont be around too much longer :(
They are 2 years old now.. mable and amelia both have large (and growing) lumps
mables had an op already and it came back in less than a month before all the hair had even grown back.. and now her sister has a large lump too

iv said even before i got rats that i wont put them through the same operation/more than one major operation, more than once..

they were resuces and both have bad resp issues and im not sure amelia would even maake the op as shes not a "strong" rat health wise anyway.. so by the time it gets that the lumps need removed due to size.. i think i may just do the kind thing...
...iv never lost a rat before as these 2 were my 1st 2 and now they may end up goin at the same time :(

but that will leave me with 2 rats, and we cant have thissss, so i need moreeees, but, i duno where to get them from :(
no1 round here seems 2 breed
and its pure chance as to if you find any1 thats had an accidental litter!
any help? haha

...or any1 near a breeder at the moment, plannin a trip 2 edinburgh in the new year? :P
x Kammi x
Star, Ivy, Alice, Meeka and Stuart :hearts:
Amelia, Mable, Steve, Piper, Rosie, Lilly :rainbow: :hearts:

Lackis

Re: its that time again... GMR has struck

Post by Lackis » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Have you tried the RSPCA? I never realised until I got these two that they had rats an getting from a breeder was hopeless because the closest were like Birmingham which is hours away from me. RSPCA had a centre with rats just a 15minute train ride away though :)

Hope your two older girlies are ok, I understand about not wanting to put them through more operations. It's really hard to see them unwell but you haveto way it up with the stress of the vet and surgery. Unfortunatley they'll pass away eventually so all we can do is make it as comfortable and stress free as possible. Good luck with them :halo:
Sasha & Qudo :halo: Maggie & Cassie :halo: Abigail, Matilda & Jupiter :dumbo: Anastacia and Greta! :baby:

<:3 )~~ All your rodents are belong to me <:3 )~~

littlebabyribbon

Post by littlebabyribbon » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Ive had people from Scotland drive down here before to collect rescues before, it is a fairly long journey, rats travelled in a carrier with a moisture source and coped just fine with it.

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:47 pm

My main issue is i cant drive at the moment
i mean i can drive, but dont, coz i have random attacks where i cant breathe, n if that happens in the car im stuck, so dont drive more than a few miles really

I checked the sspca site the other day and there wasnt any :(
x Kammi x

Lackis

Post by Lackis » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah I had to go through quite a few before I managed to find one with rats and other small pets. Most of them don't do much smaller than a rabbit. I can't drive either (can't afford it in my case!) Since it seems they can travel quite happily for long distances in the right conditions have you got any friends or family who would be prepared to give you a lift to a breeder somewhere? I pretty much rely on my dad (still!) for trips to the vets. Really am going to have to get a car someday...
Sasha & Qudo :halo: Maggie & Cassie :halo: Abigail, Matilda & Jupiter :dumbo: Anastacia and Greta! :baby:

<:3 )~~ All your rodents are belong to me <:3 )~~

xxzeezeexx

Post by xxzeezeexx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I've been put off from getting small furries from the RSPCA because of the rude staff, and the fact that they dont handle the animals at all, especially the rats. The boys I got from there started coming around to me, but because they were on their own for such a long time, they couldnt mix with my current boys.
Tried http://www.findafurry.co.uk/?
Stop the world, I want to get off!
My big little boys:Fudge, Cocoa, Rafael and Leonardo. RIP Badger, Bear, Hamster and Buffy, miss you loads.
Conversation killer-I join a discussion and everyone else stops responding.

xxzeezeexx

Post by xxzeezeexx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:22 pm

http://www.manarats.co.uk

Fiona McBean (Aphrodite Stud)
*personal details removed*

Info taken from the NFRS breeders list.

Looking through the breeders list, I noticed there is some really cool named ratteries...
My big little boys:Fudge, Cocoa, Rafael and Leonardo. RIP Badger, Bear, Hamster and Buffy, miss you loads.

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:30 pm

mana doesnt breed anymore, unless she has started again? how new is your list? :o
Thanks though :D
x Kammi x

xxzeezeexx

Post by xxzeezeexx » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Sorry, I hadnt looked at that site, just copied and pasted, doh, typcal, only 1 I hadnt looked at.
Just checking the site now, and my list says march 09, will there be a more recent one?

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 pm

i think so

im sure she came off the list a few months back :(

no rats near me on find a furry either! lol

its weird how hard it is 2 find rats up here! lol
x Kammi x

ratfan70

Post by ratfan70 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm

I can vouch for kammi and say i found it really difficult to find any kittens up here in Scotland (well in this area) most of the breeders listed seem to have stopped breeding for some reason, in fact i ended up travelling to york to get some babies from an unexpected litter, when i wanted company for my oldies, luckily as i booked in advance the train fare wasn`t too bad, but it does definatly take planning, and if you want some new rats quickly, as in you end up with a lone rat, it is virtually impossible to find any locally. Maybe a rat lover from up here needs to consider breeding, i think there is a demand for ratties up north.
mum/slave to Casper, Rico, Todd, Pepper, Louis, Riley, Cosmo, Alfie & Loki.

Missing my little ones at the bridge: Ziggy, Snowy, Buddy, Rocky & Diesel. RIP Boys!

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah I know.
My 1st 2 were from a rescue, she quite often has rats in so may have a browse at some point...
2nd two were from an accidental litter from a lady in Ayr who drove them down to me
and my bro's 2 were from another accidental litter from some1 in prestonpans!
Its just luck as to who has had another "unwanted litter" :-|
Some people definately need to breed!
I would love to breed if I had the space, and of course breeder rats to breed! Lol, if I had them, i really would :)
x Kammi x

Athena

Post by Athena » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 am

sometimes its worth calling the rspca or sspca as they dont always 'bother' listing the smaller animals :roll:

i will be in edinburgh 14th feb if you need a rat train organising i am east midlands :luck:
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

ratfan70

Post by ratfan70 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

Yeah sometimes you find some on gumtree, but as you say it`s few and far between.
I think my husband would divorce me if i even thought about breeding (lol) as he reckons
the rats have already taken over the house, cages, toys, food, substrate, etc, so no i
wouldn`t be very popular.
mum/slave to Casper, Rico, Todd, Pepper, Louis, Riley, Cosmo, Alfie & Loki.

Missing my little ones at the bridge: Ziggy, Snowy, Buddy, Rocky & Diesel. RIP Boys!

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Athena wrote:i will be in edinburgh 14th feb if you need a rat train organising i am east midlands :luck:

Thankyou :D
14th is just a bit too far away I reckon :(
But will let you know closer to the time - as I may have not got any others by then!

Amelias lump is growing fast and getting really quite hard now, so she will only last a couple more weeks, and Id want new ones to introduce to the younger 2 quite soon after that as they love the company
x Kammi x