Babies at 4 days old! Dumbo or top eared?

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
lynettes

Babies at 4 days old! Dumbo or top eared?

Post by lynettes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm

These are the babies at 4 days old. The markings are coming through lovely!! I think they may be dumbo but Im looking for some expert advice! All 11 babies are doing great and so is mum!The pictures arent great but I couldnt get any individual good ones!!

Owned by Jossie, Amelia and Tracey, Our boys are, Chuck, Jack, Bruce, Jayne, Tony, Giles, Goose, Marverick, Sam, Jeff, Sebastian, Sylvester and Rodger. Missing, Erin, Rosa, Emiline, Lee, Harvey, George, Oscar, Arnie and Dexter

luna_star

Re: Babies at 4 days old! Dumbo or top eared?

Post by luna_star » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:22 pm

aww they look gorgeous :love:
4 girls: Luna, Star, Angel, Storm
3 boys: Cosmo, comet and orbit
:halo: :rainbow: Baby Boy Shadow and Baby girl Ebony :rainbow: :halo:

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

look dumbo to me :dumbo: :hearts:
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lynettes

Post by lynettes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Its so exciting seeing them grow!! They are mis markerd capped, 2 roan and some berkshires I think! There are some def rex's! Getting them sexed tomorrow!
Owned by Jossie, Amelia and Tracey, Our boys are, Chuck, Jack, Bruce, Jayne, Tony, Giles, Goose, Marverick, Sam, Jeff, Sebastian, Sylvester and Rodger. Missing, Erin, Rosa, Emiline, Lee, Harvey, George, Oscar, Arnie and Dexter

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 pm

They are gorgeous, I'm very jealous that you get to see them grow up over the next few weeks :lol: One day I'll foster a pregnant doe, it's an ambition that I have to fulfil :D

Good luck with your baby dumblobs :love:
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lynettes

Post by lynettes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks!! I will keep posting as they get bigger and cuter!!

Scarlett44

Post by Scarlett44 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Ahh! So adorable and exciting :D I haven't seen many capped rats before. They're lovely.

x
The Girls in their SRS...Bella, Dolly, Lily, Chiyo, Roxy, Phoebe, Lola, and Maybelle.
The Boys in their Furet XL...Jack, Charlie and Sam.

lynettes

Post by lynettes » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 pm

They are huge now!! There fur is starting to come through I will take more pics tomorrow or tuesday!! They are very dark so I think they may be blacks!! I cant wait till they open their eyes!!

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm

I think you probably need some better photos of their ears for people to say - I can barely make them out!
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

nette

Post by nette » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:11 pm

what are the parents??
love janette x
and all the ratties at Stillyrats Stud

http://www.freewebs.com/stillyrats

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm

It should be fairly obvious by now - look at them from above, if the ears stick outwards from the head they are dumbo, if the ears lay against the head they are top eared. :wink:
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)

lynettes

Post by lynettes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi, yeah they are def dumbos I will get new pics soon! they are growing so fast they are so sweet