Would this Blue have clotting issues?

For all breeding, rearing and genetics related discussion. Kitten pictures may be posted in "Your Rats".
Purposefully bred litters of any background may NOT be advertised on the Fancy Rats forum.
Lillyland

Re: Would this Blue have clotting issues?

Post by Lillyland » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:36 pm

aquajen9 wrote:
Lillyland wrote: Well yeah... but the BB being the factor, smarty pants. :lol: - actually, for some reason BYBs slipped my mind completely :oops: :oops:
I had a russian silver from a reputable breeder, and she had clotting problems. The problems still exist.
Really? See. It's nice in my little naive bubble. Anyone want to join me? :lol:

malude

Post by malude » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Felix wrote:I don't know about this, so just putting it out there, but would it be worth her having an injection of vitamin K before any procedure (I don't know how long before for it to take effect)
Charlie had vit K before his nick test and it made no difference. I'm sure the problem is related to another part of the clotting cascade so vit K won't help unfortunately :(
:love:George, Reuben, Zephyr Brompton Cocktail, Seth & Tate :hearts:
:halo: Daisy Matilda Myrtle Mildred Maud Lucy Mabel Polly Jemima
Ash Murray Martha Eliza Charlie Kit ZephyrRookieOfTheYear Pascoe Iris
:halo:

fuschia

Post by fuschia » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Well the good news is that Libby doesn't seem to have any clotting issues :D Now I just have to wait for the blood test results...

The x-ray showed no crystals in her bladder, and they tried another scan but the machine broke down!
:girly: Polly,Greta,Libby & Delylah :love: Billy,Eugene,Stan,Darwin,Dougal & Towser
:rainbow: All those gone before, forever remembered :hearts: