Anyone have any snuggly girls? :D

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
sumi

Anyone have any snuggly girls? :D

Post by sumi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:44 am

I've seen a lot of posts about males rats snuggling up and sleeping on their owners, and remember this from when I used to have male rats. I've also read that female rats are more hyper - and this really is the case with my two girls. I was just wondering if females ever like a bit of cuddling and whether they'll stay still for longer than a second (mine really don't)? Does anyone have any snuggly girls? :love:

maddy

Re: Anyone have any snuggly girls? :D

Post by maddy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:33 pm

sadly, i don't have any that will sit still long enough for a cuddle...
they'd mutch rather go off and eat the wall or do something else along thoes lines
gotta love them
:)
new forum: feel free to join, , http://ratworld.forumotion.co.uk/

sumi

Post by sumi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:01 pm

how old are yours maddy? :) mine are very young so i was thinking maybe thats why they're so hyper :P my badger is anyhows, but my spooky is alot less excitable.. may be because she is an albino and doesn't want to go rushing around with her poor eyesight bless her :love:

lynz

Post by lynz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:11 pm

yes! here is nibbles, and this is when i just had her for a week! dont be fooled though! she can be hyper to the point of annoying! she is nine weeks here

bruce & his 2 bros! nibbles, pebbles, lola

sleep tight mummy rat 9/11/10, Bailey 9/12/10, Missy 28/1/11, Bob 31/1/11, Izzy 9/2/11, Dinky 7/3/11, Tink 13/6/11, Kizkiz 2/7/11
rip skitz, tumshie, dumbo, tubs, chino, oz's and all my childhood ratties

sumi

Post by sumi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 pm

eeee nibbles is so adorable :D :love: thanks for sharing the pics :love: its nice to see a bit of lazyness in female rats :P how old was she when you got her? mine look a lot smaller than that - ive had them a month :s

lynz

Post by lynz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:31 pm

she was 8 weeks when i got her, had them 2 weeks- her, her sis tink and another from a diff litter who is a bit smaller and 3 days younger, they are quite big girls though!
bruce & his 2 bros! nibbles, pebbles, lola

sleep tight mummy rat 9/11/10, Bailey 9/12/10, Missy 28/1/11, Bob 31/1/11, Izzy 9/2/11, Dinky 7/3/11, Tink 13/6/11, Kizkiz 2/7/11
rip skitz, tumshie, dumbo, tubs, chino, oz's and all my childhood ratties

FifiLola

Post by FifiLola » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:02 am

I've got a really snuggly girl, she's over 2 years old now but has been like it for quite some time. When we get all our girls out of the cage, she ignores them & comes to me for cuddles (which makes me feel very loved :) The cutest thing is when she goes into a kind of trance & she seems to forget where she is - she goes all relaxed, shuts her eyes & we can roll her onto her back & smooth her squishy tummy. She really is the most gorgeous rattie ever.

littlebabyribbon

Post by littlebabyribbon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Ive got 3 snuggly girls at the moment:
Swiftvalley Devon, a lovely cuddly lady:

Mackison kitsune, she did well in the pet class at the recent FREC show, very proud of her :hearts:

And Matrix Spuggie, who really shouldve been a boy, she is so laid back she is horizontal:

Pretty much all of my other does are very busy little pingers though :lol: :roll:

Cava5

Post by Cava5 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 pm

My Rose can be snuggly :) She's inside my sweater at the moment and has settled into the right sleeve after having been tucked in mt collar for about 10 minutes. Her sister Blanche doesn't really do suggles, well not with me anyway :roll:
Anne
Amalie, Freya, Beatrice :girly: Ulrika :dumbogirly:
Twister, Oliver :smileyrat:
Ant, Keeper, Dec,Tirani, Myroy, Loon, Fitlike, DRat, Geordie Hinny, Blanche, Rose @ :rainbow:

Tofu Monkey

Post by Tofu Monkey » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm

I have two snuggly girls and the other two more than make up for their sister's laziness!
This is Vegan who thinks she is both a cat and a rabbit as well as a rat. :lol:

My beautiful family: Robot Timberwolf, Vegan Straightedge, Bree Van Der Rat, Wasabi Ninja, Mouse Kateer Mcstare, Charlie Peaceful, Courfeyrac Karimloo, Cleveland Chaos, Ixnay Dafoe, Shenzi Kiumbe.
R.I.P my angels :halo: Tofu Monkey, Zombie Apocalypse

sumi

Post by sumi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 pm

aww im so happy that so many people replied :D your ratties all sound adorable and i love looking at all the cute snuggly rats pics :D :D Vegan is absolutely beautiful - such a sleepy cutie :D and swiftvalley devon is georgeous - if my spooky grows that pretty i'll be a very happy mummy :D everyone's rats sound just adorable :D thanks for sharing them with me :)

stormsmuggler

Post by stormsmuggler » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Not so snuggly but a real kissy licky girl. Dallas is the female rat version of Georgie Porgie from the nursery rythme. She`ll fly at you at high speed from the other side of the room, grab your bottom lip with both paws and give frantic kisses for a few seconds the disappears again, only to be back again a minute later doing the same thing :lol: I`ve never had a rat do this before. Its cute but she can grab your lip quite hard sometimes, but the kisses make up for that :D
Raz@hotel for rats. 23 boys, 11 girls :D Auntie Raz to 17 crazy girlies, 4 big boys and a mouse called Maurice.
Home of Chelsea bun mini muffins and some of park rats and parkies :)
to the 33 at the bridge I love and miss you all

goobergrapejelly

Post by goobergrapejelly » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 pm

nope, no snuggle girls here!
Peggy, Roxy and Sophie
My beautiful first girlies Lily, Poppy, Daffy 2008 - 2010
Coffee, Ovo

popidler

Post by popidler » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 am

I currently have a little girl curled in the hood of my hoodie and possibly asleep - I only picked her and her sister up at the weekend but she seems so relaxed with me.
Movable climbing frame to Rowan, Willow and Tamar
RIP Rani, Ruby, Charlie, Rat and Asha :hearts:

Werepuppy

Post by Werepuppy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 am

My girl Possum likes to curl up on my shoulder or in my hair. She slept on me for an hour yesterday then woke up and peed on me to show how 'comfy' she was :roll:
My rats: Possum, Tasmania, Henna, & Trinity!
And lastly my kitties; Neko & Oliver.
RIP Toffee, Inky, Boota, Balthazar, Lady Serenity & Rosetta :dumbohalo: