Do rats remember?

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
papermoon

Do rats remember?

Post by papermoon » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 pm

I know they are good at remembering places but would they remember other rats which they met sometime along the way (e.g. their mother, brother)? :???:
Far from perfect...Slowly working on it

Amzy

Re: Do rats remember?

Post by Amzy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 pm

My Mum has two rats.. two of my babies, and I have their Mum and when I go home I take mine with me and even if they havent seen each other for 6 months they deffinately remember each other and get very very very excited when seeing each other... No intros needed.. they just playplayplay! My housemate has 5 rats, and sometimes my two stay over for a sleepover and they love it.. they dont really see each other that much but best of friends still... no arguements for pecking order atall! x
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

Flissy

Post by Flissy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Amzy wrote:My Mum has two rats.. two of my babies, and I have their Mum and when I go home I take mine with me and even if they havent seen each other for 6 months they deffinately remember each other and get very very very excited when seeing each other... No intros needed.. they just playplayplay! My housemate has 5 rats, and sometimes my two stay over for a sleepover and they love it.. they dont really see each other that much but best of friends still... no arguements for pecking order atall! x
awww thats really sweet!!! :hearts:

WilliE

Post by WilliE » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:27 pm

I've had my two rats now for about a month and they know my living room like the back of there hand. I have an old pillow case which they love to hide and run about in. When I leave it up the other end of the room its normally the first place they go to so they must remember where it is.

MarieM

Post by MarieM » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Poppy always remembers she has her very own 'sanctuary' in the kitchen cupboard and makes her way there daily. :)
:girly: BonnieSusieRosieMindyCleo
:rainbow: SilvaCocoSumaPoppyDaisyTara :hearts: :girly:
http://www.thenaturalrat.co.uk
Holistic Health Care For Rats