Maybe more ratties :D

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
Tammyrat

Re: Maybe more ratties :D

Post by Tammyrat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I everyone! I just thought i would give you all an update :D

So Me and my OH - Dan went to see the girls yesturday which was brilliant. We got to meet mum and dad, grandmums and dads it was fantastic and such beautiful rats. We are getting a little black top eared girl who will be called Winnifred "Winnie" for short, and we are also getting a little agouti dumbo girl who will be called Nelly :D

The breeder is so lovely. Really supportive and gave us lots of advise which was brilliant. She is even lending us a cage for the girls to settle in to and for their temporary cage :)

Im soooo excited. We are picking Winnie and Nelly up on the 8th May so 12 days and counting. I've ordered a couple of bits and pieces for them already. I went on fuzzbutt.com and got them a hammock and atm its buy on get one free so i get another on at the same time :) I also ordered another shelf to add to the cage when they are all in their main cage together. I thought it would be a good idea so the cage is different and more interesting.

I'll probably write again when i pick the girls up or when their new goodies come through the post :D
Tammy xx
In love with 8 Ratties - Winnie, Nelly, Crumble, Doola, Spot, Sherbert, Dolly and Fizz.
Night night sweet Possum, Dini, Custard :dumbogirly:
A proud member of the Savic Royal club :D

faye1988

Post by faye1988 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Its so exciting. Dont forget to post some photos :D
:girly: Cookie, Cupcake, Dusty, Pixie, Pepper, Star :smileyrat:Boris, Bailey, Whisky, Monty, Tintin
:rainbow: RIP all those gone but never forgotten xx

jenw6

Post by jenw6 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:37 pm

If your cage is big enough for the number of rats you want then i say go for it! It's natural for rats to be in larger groups and the way they all interact with each other is a joy to see :D the way iv always introduced my rats to newcomers is in the bathtub (empty of water of course!) And I dab a little vanilla extract on a bit of tissue and wipe them all down with it, this apparently makes them smell similar and I've never had any problems introducing rats (not sure if it's down to the vanilla or just pure luck lol) Make sure you have a towel handy incase a fight breaks out, you don't want to go sticking your hand in between 2 sets of rat teeth! When putting them in the cage together, make sure it is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to remove any smells and rearrange all the furniture so it seems to be a new cage to all the rats, including the existing ones. This is the introduction ritual I have always stuck to and it has always worked, good luck!

Tammyrat

Post by Tammyrat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 am

Thank you very much for the advice.

The breeder has been fantasic and given a huge amount of advice, and everyone on here has also been brilliant. Its wonderful to have so much support from people with all different ratty backgrounds. This is the first time i have ever done this and i am very nervous - even though i am not getting them for 11days (not like im counting or anything :oops: :lol: ).

I will keep you all posted :D
Tammy xx
In love with 8 Ratties - Winnie, Nelly, Crumble, Doola, Spot, Sherbert, Dolly and Fizz.

Flump

Post by Flump » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 am

Tammyrat wrote:I went on fuzzbutt.com and got them a hammock and atm its buy on get one free so i get another on at the same time :)
Just a note to others - it's fuzzbutt.co.uk, if you go to fuzzbutt.com you'll find it's a XXX website :oops: :oops: not connected to me in ANY way, I dunno if I'll ever be able to buy the domain name cos then I may attract the wrong sort of customer!!!
Fuzzbutt Cage Comforts - Fabulous Furniture for your Fuzzies! http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk
:dumbo: RIP Winston I still miss you :( And all my other Fuzzers at the bridge, Poppy Ploppy Twitch Kebab Wiffy Turbo Flump Pearl Snuffy Franklin Skippy :rainbow:

Ghostlove

Post by Ghostlove » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Girls have always been super easy to introduce for me. Best of luck with your intros, and do post photos when you get your new girlies! ;)
Anji, with Lyta, Talia, Ivanova, Na'toth, Delenn, Angua, Cheri and Perdita. :girly:
:rainbow: Playing at the bridge: Suki, Aiko, Alyx, Lyta, Leia, Isis, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Eddie, Oscar, Agnes, Magrat, Esme, Rosie, Gytha and Mr Jingles (mouse). :rainbow:

Tammyrat

Post by Tammyrat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Just a note to others - it's fuzzbutt.co.uk, if you go to fuzzbutt.com you'll find it's a XXX website not connected to me in ANY way, I dunno if I'll ever be able to buy the domain name cos then I may attract the wrong sort of customer!!!

OH MY GOSH! i'm so sorry! I didnt realise, i just always put .com for some reason so im really really sorry :oops: :rollred: ! And no, it is definately not connected to you in any way :o !!!!!

Fantastic website though! I just ordered a snooze cube :D

Also thankyou everyone for all the support. When i pick the girlies up i will be keeping a diary if you like of how its going and how they are getting on :)
Tammy xx