URGENT Please help!

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
Red_Star_Nightmare

URGENT Please help!

Post by Red_Star_Nightmare » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:35 pm

My rat Beatrice has escaped to under my bath, thankfully there is no where else she can go aside from the bathroom, but im freaking out big style and I cant stop panicing. How can I get her back? I was thinking of buying a live rat trap, but please, any advice you can offer would be really helpful. These are my first girls, and I feel like such a failiure.

Jemma

Re: URGENT Please help!

Post by Jemma » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Firstly don't panic, do you have a carrier or a small cage that she is familer with (or failing that a box you can fill with some of her bedding, with a hole for entry in it), leave this open on the floor of the bathroom with something smelly and tasty in it. Leave the room and shut the door so she can't get any further. Give it about half an hour then check on her, she may well be back in the carrier. It may take a little longer but generally it doesn't taken them long to settle somewhere that smells familier.
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

AnnieD

Post by AnnieD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I have no experience of this but what I'd try is leaving tubes or boxes in the bathroom along with food and wait! Hopefully this will coax her out eventually. Good luck.
Anne
Tag, Che, Hachi, Toby & JJ :love:

:rainbow: Teeko now playing at the bridge xxx

Red_Star_Nightmare

Post by Red_Star_Nightmare » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have put in her carrier with some of her bed fluff and a bit of food. Ill give it half an hour and update the results. Thank you so much x

klhigg04

Post by klhigg04 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:48 am

If all else fails, b and q sell live rat traps :) i had to get one when my lovely rat Trouble escaped into the dashboard of my car! put some yoghurt and peanut butter in there and it worked a treat :) might be worth leaving a dish of water out so she doesn't get too dehydrated as well :D good luck! :luck:

weezie

Post by weezie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Aw I know how panicky you feel! When my Lily got away from me she hid on a large shelf in a kind of arch way thing in the room and I couldn't get to her. She was too frightened to be coaxed with food so I put the cage as near as I could get it, and put their little bridge across the gap...she eventually went back in. I'm sure she will get in the carrier soon - she will have to come out for food and water eventually anyway. You're not a failure, it's so easily done, naughty pingy little things. Good luck, hope she comes out soon xx

vivree

Post by vivree » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Hope she comes out soon. xx