I Love It When...........

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
RattyRenton

Re: I Love It When...........

Post by RattyRenton » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:22 am

...Dylan gives my fingers a very thorough wash and never fails to be the first at the cage doors when I'm giving a treat.
...any of them, usually Marley or Ewan, climb up my leg during free range to see what I'm doing, I put them on the floor, they climb up again, and so on.
...the big ones use the little ones as pillows, never the other way around.
...Timmy comes out from hiding during free range and climbs on me for some attention, it's a rare occurance as he's such a nervous little thing.
...,no matter how deeply asleep they are, they all pile to the bottom half of the cage when they hear the noise of the food bucket, ready and waiting for me to scatter it round the finacard for them.
...its the end of free range time and they know they're going home for something tasty to eat and they all beg to be picked up and jump into my hands.
Heather x
and the Ratties; Marley, Dylan, Ewan, Charley, Dale, Mitch, Milo, Timmy, Archie, Arthur, Bruce and Basil

:rainbow: Thorston, Si, Dave, Roger and George :dumborainbow:

StormySkye

Post by StormySkye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:50 am

I love it when...
...Layla decides to hide her stash in my trouser leg.
...Lily hides in my hair and kisses me.
...They get spooked during free range and immediately dive into my lap for reassurrance :love: :love:
Emily. Happily owned by Layla, Lily, Whiskers and Giselle.

Reb70

Post by Reb70 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm

I love it when Rambo sits on my shoulder and tidies my hair!!
Rattie boys; Coastboat 'Giant 1 kg Ozzy' and his brorat Rambo, silly Mr.Figgles, & baby Kevin and Morris.

emay

Post by emay » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 pm

i really love it when i get a blanket out and sit on the sofa and the girls play under the blanket, however dont like the fact that they find it a good game to bite my toes x
RIP my wonderful Girls, Nunu and Tess, love you always and forever x

Tofu Monkey

Post by Tofu Monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:18 am

I love it when I accidentally leave bits of paper on the floor and I'll suddenly see one of my girlies running across my room with it in her mouth, squeaking at any other rat who so even much as looks at it.

I also really love it when I cup Vegan in my hand and start talking to her, she'll cross her front paws and rest them on my thumb and then stare directly into my eyes, like she really understands me.
My beautiful family: Robot Timberwolf, Vegan Straightedge, Bree Van Der Rat, Wasabi Ninja, Mouse Kateer Mcstare, Charlie Peaceful, Courfeyrac Karimloo, Cleveland Chaos, Ixnay Dafoe, Shenzi Kiumbe.
R.I.P my angels :halo: Tofu Monkey, Zombie Apocalypse

NickyE

Post by NickyE » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I love it when they show you something nommie they're eating and how much they're enjoing it, a face full of something :lol: (obviously something they're allowed to eat, compared to when you say "What have you got?" and nothing will compel them to let you see before they gulp it down)
Cats Steffi Mac
<3 Shadow Noodles Ripley Halle Tia Kembali Tempest River Riley Finn Huxley Lucian
@Bridge cats BorisBillieMo :rainbow: PerdyMittsMrPobZemmiMannyAimeeFlossLucyLiuFargoRiddickMegan MelodyMonkeyImogenBrennaDannyNewtTurkMurphy Miss U :cry:

msmara

Post by msmara » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 am

...Aiden & Stewie both stand on their back legs & use their 'hands' to fight like 2 posh girls. :lol:
... When I walk over to the cage & they come running over & look up at me with their big eyes.
...When I rub Stewie's ears & his eye starts twitching
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

ratobsessed

Post by ratobsessed » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:34 pm

i love it when Scrumpy sleeps on her head closest to me on the sofa
.................Domino Humps every one in free range time
.................Pooky always jumps when the others knock over toys
.................Smudge climbs on my head to groom my hair and leans over to kiss my forehead
.................Buttons always finds the only gap in free range time to go where she's not ment to then goes to tell the other and then i have rats climbing my stairs!!!
.................Jinx gets so excited in free range time and just runs to a toy looks at it and then runs to the next like she cant pick her favorite to play with
................Badger likes to come to me and nudge the my arms so she is comfy and just lays there wanting scratches
awwww
My babies are Pooky, Domino, Scrumpy, Smudge, Buttons, Jinx, Badger and the new additions Dexter and Bruce.

Kukri

Post by Kukri » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

I love it when muffin runs to the cage door when she hears me enter the room and when she licks babyfood / yoghurt off my hand :love:

I love it when Lily approaches me and accepts my food bribes and I know that I'm making progress with her :love:
Lauren
xxx

:hearts: My ratties : Muffin, Lily and Betty :hearts:
:dumborainbow: Daisy and Peach, I'll never forget my little Nintendo princesses... :dumborainbow:

msmara

Post by msmara » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:20 pm

I love it when:
...Aiden smells soya yogurt on my hand and holds my finger & tries pulling me into the cage. That really really tickles me...
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

StormySkye

Post by StormySkye » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 am

I love it when...
...I'm trying to wipe up some wee and suddenly Layla snatches my tissue and runs off with it.
...I go to take a sip of tea only for Lily to jump on the side of the mug and start drinking it.
...When Layla sits on the edge of my mug and scoops up some tea, drinking it from her little cupped paws :lol: :love:
Emily. Happily owned by Layla, Lily, Whiskers and Giselle.

Rhi01

Post by Rhi01 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am

I love it when:
- Winkie sits on my shoulder and boggles just because she's happy being with me.
- I leave them on the settee to go get something and they all run to me when I get back.
- I play with Inga and Fizz and they get so excited they run around like loons.
- They all know its feeding time when I walk past the rat room in the morning so run to the doors.
- Starfishing because they want to come out.

There's loads. I love my little weirdo's to bits :hearts:
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

pumpkinpie83

Post by pumpkinpie83 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Great thread Hev

I love it when Remy is the first one up and out of bed when I walk in the room even though he is old and his back legs give him trouble.
I love when free ranging no matter if he is first or last out Wallace has to make sure he rubs himself against any piece of furniture, as well as us, to make sure it smells like him.
I love the way Rocky blows himself up so he just looks like a white and mink tennis ball!
I love that Rascal is no longer a visicous little biter and I can put my hands in the cage without the risk of being bitten
I love that Rizzo is alpha but doesn't feel the need to throw his weight around, everyone knows their place.
I love how shy and timid gromit is and doesn't cause a fuss but if Wallace tries to start a fight he usually gets pinned down and squels like a baby. (I must add that Gromit is smaller than Wallace)

They aren't with me anymore but I use to love that Ronnie would boggle to me. I could make a noise and he would instantly start boggling to me and would sit on my shoulder all the time he was out.
I used to love Reggie because he would have his free range and then snuggle with me inside my dressing gown, jumper etc. i had to make sure I had something on because he would get grumpy and crash about in the cage if he went back without a snuggle.

Most of all I love that all my boys will offer up cuddles and kisses without the worrying about what I look like, being it first thing in the morning when I look like the wild woman of borneo or just before I go out and am glammed up. So long as they get a kiss and a cuddle they don't care.
To the world you are a rat, but to me you are my world.
I love to hug a hoody!
Penny - Owned by Rocky, Rascal, Wallace and Gromit.
Waiting at the bridge - Reggie, Ronnie, Rizzo & Remy.

cpiggott22

Post by cpiggott22 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:21 am

I love it when Lola and Bo immediately have to shove themselves headfirst up to their waists in their water bowl as soon as I fill it with clean water (and then emerge absolutely soaking and shake themselves off all over me). I also love that Lola is the squishiest beanie baby rat ever....I can tip her on her back and scratch her bum and she'll just lie there licking me :hearts: .

I love that Skye is the bravest rat I've ever met....nothing freaks that girl out. She'd ride my shoulder all day if I let her and go out around town quite happily. She even said hello to my (very large) dog without so much as a twitch.

I love that Hattie is the cheekiest girl I've ever known, if it's not tied down, you can guarantee you'll see it disappearing behind the wardrobe. She even tried to drag off an entire jar of baby food as well as stealing my lip balm tin (she looked so cute hopping along with that in her mouth :hearts: ).

I love that Millie is so gutsy for such a tiny girl. She had a rubbish start in life but has stopped biting and loves to play wrestle with your hand. I love how much she has come out of her shell since being in the group and seeing her boggle for the first time was amazing :)

Last but by no means least....my gorgeous Dill. My little old lady who sadly now has a PT :(. The lickiest, sweetest girl I've ever known. All she wants to do is be close to you, climb up your trouser leg, lick your face, groom your hair and eyebrows and climb into your mouth :hearts: . I can't say just one single thing I love about her because she is so special, my beautiful heart rat :hearts:
Owned by Dill, Lola, Bo & Hattie xx .....and new to the crew.....Millie & Skye :)

To all those at the bridge, gone but never forgotten xxx Jess, Cam, Moose, Tammie, Sandie & Nemmy xxx

ErnieG!

Post by ErnieG! » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

I love it when Esmerlda spends a good 45% of her freerange time grooming my, eyes, ears, eyebrows, nose, nails and mouth :lol:
Emma and the rodents, Meryl, Esmeralda and the 3 unnamed girls.
Kuzco, waiting for some friends.

Waiting for me at the bridge Jasmine, Francesca, Francis and Ebony :rainbow: