I Love It When...........

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
ScattieMcRattie

Re: I Love It When...........

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm

lechien wrote:awwww! i love it, i was just "fake-grooming" Zima (i was pulling her back skin between my lips while she sat in my hands), and she was like, "o thank u, i'll groom u in return" and nibbled on my hand for a few seconds. what a sweetheart... :hearts:
So so so adorable :love:
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

SpoonRat

Post by SpoonRat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:31 pm

lechien wrote:whereas, Zazie tried to bite my nipple again and i scolded her. she's binge-eating now and trying to let her frustration off on Zima... oh well, i cannot help loving her also for what she is. :roll:
!! Thank God it's not just me with this problem!!! Going into the rat room and giving Percy cuddles in my pj's is NOT an option. No bra = sore nipple lol. She's obsessed, and she aims impressively well too!

I love it when you give your rats a boring nom and they just chuck it on the floor and then stare at you waiting for something tasty
... when one of the cats walks past the boys cage and Stilton starts huffing and spitting at them
... when you give rats something nasty (like Baytril) and they rub their face on the floor afterwards
... when they insist on sitting on your head!
... when Bramble screams at the others because she's eating something yummy and they dared to look at it

:love: :love:
Owned by rats since 2000
http://www.ratandspoon.com
The Girls: Astraea - Eos - Persephone - Bramble - Frankie - Ash - Fern - Jessica Rabbit - Wispa - Ambrosia
The Boys: Stilton - Clawson

clio

Post by clio » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

clio wrote:I love it when domino sleeps in the hood of my fav jumper

adding on to that i love it when badger sneezes on me even though its gross :) and i love :hearts: love :hearts: love it when cleo gets the bedding from the cage and piles it up on the food bowl :exclaim: then when the others cant find any food they get upset so i have to move it :roll: aww they are SO daft!!!
Owned by Domino and Badger. Grandma to babies, Peanut and Waffle.

Missing Cleo terribly.

lechien

Post by lechien » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 pm

SpoonRat wrote:
lechien wrote:whereas, Zazie tried to bite my nipple again and i scolded her. she's binge-eating now and trying to let her frustration off on Zima... oh well, i cannot help loving her also for what she is. :roll:
!! Thank God it's not just me with this problem!!! Going into the rat room and giving Percy cuddles in my pj's is NOT an option. No bra = sore nipple lol. She's obsessed, and she aims impressively well too!
!!! it's not just Zazie who is OBSESSED??? i thought, for everyone else it's kind of a little accident and i was wondering *what was wrong* with mine! she really GOES FOR it too, when i play with them in my night gown, i see her eyes glow brighter and STARE while she tries to reach higher, i know she's only thinking of one thing "this time i'll take it back home!!" :x and in her case it's not just a sore, usually blood involved. :cry:

...i love it when i wave my home-made cookie around the sleepy rat noses, they suddenly switch to 3x fast-forward motion, snatch and run, then they are like, cross-eyed while they munch away... :lol:

Scarlett44

Post by Scarlett44 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 pm

I love it when you give your rats a boring nom and they just chuck it on the floor and then stare at you waiting for something tasty
Hahaha! :lol:

I think we all know that one :D
The Girls in their SRS...Bella, Dolly, Lily, Chiyo, Roxy, Phoebe, Lola, and Maybelle.
The Boys in their Furet XL...Jack, Charlie and Sam.

ratties1

Post by ratties1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:24 pm

i love it when.....

shadow acts like a crazy lady during freerange time so happy and excited

pip is so greedy she stuffs as many treats in her mouth as she can

seymour comes over and rubs himself into my hands affectionatly

sebastion snatches treats like hes never been fed!!

lol. i also love the sound of their feet running across the laminate floor just priceless.

great thread!! xx
My girlies Shadow and Pip. :D xx
R.I.P Beamer, Splinter, Midnight , Silver (gone to soon, r.i.p gorgeous girl) xx

New boys Seymour and Sebastion xx

Rach210

Post by Rach210 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 am

I just had a special moment with Charlie, he's very skittish, hates cuddles but just now he climbed my leg onto my lap, licked my hands, had a good sniff of me and jumped off. In the 15 months I've had him he's never licked me :love:
Owned by Jack and Charlie my two fatty ratties

StormySkye

Post by StormySkye » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 am

... when Bramble screams at the others because she's eating something yummy and they dared to look at it
:lol: That's excellent!!

I love it when Layla thinks she's a squirrell and tries to stuff as many peas as possible (or impossible) into her mouth at once before running off with them :)
...when the girls are hiding in their fabric tunnel and I start poking them through the material, only to feel little paws desperately trying to snatch me from the inside!
...when I give them a bowl of soy milk or some other liquid treat and they start swiping their paws through it, wondering if there are peas hidden somewhere :-o
Emily. Happily owned by Layla, Lily, Whiskers and Giselle.

Naisy

Post by Naisy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 am

I love it when Charlie and Emilio get obsessed with the curtains. Opening them....and closing them....and opening them....and closing them... (or as close as they can get to it!) :lol:
Naomi
Proud mummy of Charlie and Emilio, born 27th June 2010.

pumpkinpie83

Post by pumpkinpie83 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm

SpoonRat wrote:... when one of the cats walks past the boys cage and Stilton starts huffing and spitting at them
Oh Rascal and Wallace do this particularly well, Rocky on the other hand hasn't and went to dive at her, through the bars of the cage, I think he hurt his nose because he then sat there rubbing it for ages. Bless.
To the world you are a rat, but to me you are my world.
I love to hug a hoody!
Penny - Owned by Rocky, Rascal, Wallace and Gromit.
Waiting at the bridge - Reggie, Ronnie, Rizzo & Remy.

StormySkye

Post by StormySkye » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am

I love it when I see a hard boiled egg rolling down a ladder and a rat frantically chasing after it.
Emily. Happily owned by Layla, Lily, Whiskers and Giselle.

Forbes

Post by Forbes » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:56 am

i love it when me and my partner put mealworm the yellow bit of a kinder egg and watch them try furiously to get into them for the mealworm.

SpoonRat

Post by SpoonRat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:09 pm

pumpkinpie83 wrote:
SpoonRat wrote:... when one of the cats walks past the boys cage and Stilton starts huffing and spitting at them
Oh Rascal and Wallace do this particularly well, Rocky on the other hand hasn't and went to dive at her, through the bars of the cage, I think he hurt his nose because he then sat there rubbing it for ages. Bless.
Awwwww :love:

I love it when....

I freak Clawson out by touching him too much with my hand and he gets hold of me gently with his teeth in order to move my hand away :hearts:
Stilton falls over himself (literally!) trying to grab a baby wipe I'm waving on the other side of the cage
lechien wrote:
SpoonRat wrote:
!!! it's not just Zazie who is OBSESSED??? i thought, for everyone else it's kind of a little accident and i was wondering *what was wrong* with mine! she really GOES FOR it too, when i play with them in my night gown, i see her eyes glow brighter and STARE while she tries to reach higher, i know she's only thinking of one thing "this time i'll take it back home!!" :x and in her case it's not just a sore, usually blood involved. :cry:
Thankfully *touch wood* Percy seems to be forgetting her obsession as she gets older *phew*
Owned by rats since 2000
http://www.ratandspoon.com
The Girls: Astraea - Eos - Persephone - Bramble - Frankie - Ash - Fern - Jessica Rabbit - Wispa - Ambrosia
The Boys: Stilton - Clawson

little-bat

Post by little-bat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 pm

I love it when they try to climb inside your ear :D

I also love when they get peas and they try to stuff as many in their mouth as possible before anyone else can get them :lol:
:baby: Pumpkin and Kiwi :halo: Gus, Riku & Sora

http://www.fabulousbeasts.co.uk Animal themed artisan jewellery and sculptures

batty_rat

Post by batty_rat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 am

I love it when Fargo nips the ex's willy when he's in bed :lol:
Rat mum from afar :cry: My boys are up in Scotland being doted on paw and claw.

Hekla: Keep up the good mess making :hearts:
Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:
Fargo: Carry on loving :hearts: