I Love It When...........

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
Naisy

Re: I Love It When...........

Post by Naisy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 am

I love it when....Emilio has a "mummy" moment. He's usually too busy for cuddles or tickling (he does like to climb all over me, but he has other more important things to do than having a cuddle most of the time). Last night though, I was tickling his tummy and he went all licky and scrummy. :) :hearts:
Naomi
Proud mummy of Charlie and Emilio, born 27th June 2010.

Bea_broccoli

Post by Bea_broccoli » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

My old boys, Jazz and Milo, both cuddle into me for snuggles at bath time :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
:olddumbobuck: Milo, :olddumbobuck: Jasper, India & Atlas, the Royal Pythons, Lestat and Akasha, the Cornsnakes & Ryu, the Bearded Dragon :hearts:
Edward, Treo & Oscar :dumbohalo: & Jazzy :dumbohalo: :rainbow:

hardcorejillz

Post by hardcorejillz » Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

lechien wrote:
SpoonRat wrote:
lechien wrote:whereas, Zazie tried to bite my nipple again and i scolded her. she's binge-eating now and trying to let her frustration off on Zima... oh well, i cannot help loving her also for what she is. :roll:
!! Thank God it's not just me with this problem!!! Going into the rat room and giving Percy cuddles in my pj's is NOT an option. No bra = sore nipple lol. She's obsessed, and she aims impressively well too!
!!! it's not just Zazie who is OBSESSED??? i thought, for everyone else it's kind of a little accident and i was wondering *what was wrong* with mine! she really GOES FOR it too, when i play with them in my night gown, i see her eyes glow brighter and STARE while she tries to reach higher, i know she's only thinking of one thing "this time i'll take it back home!!" :x and in her case it's not just a sore, usually blood involved. :cry:

...i love it when i wave my home-made cookie around the sleepy rat noses, they suddenly switch to 3x fast-forward motion, snatch and run, then they are like, cross-eyed while they munch away... :lol:
Poppy done this on me last night too :lol: OUCH! Thats what I get for playing with them in my PJ's!

I love it when the girls esp. Poppy try to 'kiss' my dogs through the bars of the cage! Dixie my terrier just stands there staring at them with a look of amusement on her face while Dexter my Min. Dachshund growls & tries to snap at them which makes the girls more determined! :P
PS. The dogs are never left unsupervised around the cages, so theres no chance of Dexter actually biting them!
Mummy to Poppy, Pippin, Timmy & Rodney x
RIP: Bubbles, Squeak, Shady, Taz, Henley, Turbo & Scooby x

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Wed May 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Yay yay :happy Dance: i thought this thread got pruned, so glad it hasnt. for all our troubles with our rats its these little things that make caring for our ratties such a blessing.

my new girls i am totally head over heals in love with in particular;

i love it when;

Rea and Vita like to play silly games with me....in Particular the "tickle liddle liddle liddle" game. which involves me repeating the words "tickle liddle liddle liddle" like an idiot and giving them tickles or generally fussing them with my fingers, to which they go hyper pingy springing around for more or grabbing my fingers fuss me back. ive found they dont get half as excitable unless i say the words :wink:

i love it when Akili sits at the perch by the door watching me, while the others are alseep willing me to get her out for some one to one time or just to give her some treats. :love:

i love it when Bronwyn acts all sneeky. particularly when i have the door open she watches me, when she thinks my attention is elsewhere with the others she darts out of the cage up and over the roof and down the back of the cage before i can catch her. and then hides refusing to go back until she's had her self imposed run around.

i love it when they all gang up on me when i'm trying to shut the door,as fast as i can put one back inside they jump straight back out. it becomes a game as fast as i put them in to see who can get out faster.

i love it when i give them treats to lick off my fingers and i can feel their raspy tongues on my fingertips or the gentle tickly brush of their teeth.

i love it when i call them and they all come flyign to the door of the cage happy to see me :hearts: .(or what treats i have for them lol :wink: ) :love:
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

BearHugger

Post by BearHugger » Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I just love coming home to my boys every day :hearts:
Hopelessly devoted to Bear and Mr Jingles

msmara

Post by msmara » Thu May 26, 2011 12:42 pm

BearHugger wrote:I just love coming home to my boys every day :hearts:
me too!!

I just love it when I walk past the cage & they starfish up against it :hearts:

but even more, I love that my hand reared babies are going to be 3 months on Monday!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I'm so proud
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

VanitySaphire

Post by VanitySaphire » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 pm

emay wrote:i really love it when i get a blanket out and sit on the sofa and the girls play under the blanket, however dont like the fact that they find it a good game to bite my toes x

vanity does this to me! :dumbogirly:
Cas and Vanity Saphire

RIP Monty and Bartella xxx

VanitySaphire

Post by VanitySaphire » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 pm

i love it when .... vanity :dumbogirly: will head bash her way in to my bra to curl up and go to sleep and hrumfh with determination to get comphy!

and i loved it when.... monty (my first boy :halo: ) used to sit on my shoulder when i was on my push bike or when i had a cuddle with my dog (dolly :hearts: ) he would sit on her belly and chew her nails and she would give him a wash in return, it was love between them xxxx :hearts:

:dumbogirly:
Cas and Vanity Saphire

RIP Monty and Bartella xxx

Roundtableknights

Post by Roundtableknights » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:27 pm

This thread is lovely!
Only had my two ratties for two weeks, but so far...
I love it when they bounce up and down or side to side when they're free ranging.
I love it when they nibble my ear lobe, eyebrow, cheek etc
I love it that they've started to lick my fingers.
I love Lance's face when he knows I've caught him doing a poo!!
I love it when they brux right in our ear.
When you think about it, you could have a list that goes on forever! :) :) :)

Lostgirl08

Post by Lostgirl08 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I love it when my girls grab my fingers if I got anything tasty or if I've handled the boys I love the grab and licks!

I love it when you scratch behind rosies head and she licks your arm while you do while boggling totally cute!

The sound of them bounding around the bathroom etc

I love it when I see the boys hanging on top of the sputnik over the arms instead of inside it.

And if I say rattie ratties they all come to the doors!

Tinker is greedy and try's to throw all the treats in her mouth, try to carry some in her paws and then stash it and come back for more!
My girls- Rosie, Tinker, Lyra, Indy, Belle, Pixie, Rain and Neiva
The boys- megaton, Ironhide, optimus prime, barricade, B and starscream
Run Free- Poppy 10.7.11
Plus Oliver toast,peppa,foxy,zeb,bear, Levi and Bruce

Hexi

Post by Hexi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 pm

I love it when Tokyo runs up my arm and cuddles at the back of my neck. So warm and fluffy!

I love it when Ezio is brave in the mornings and comes to sit on the cage door when it's open.

I love it when they run up and down me and i can feel their cool paws a-pitter-pattering.

I LOVE it when i give them pea fishing and they go all bouncy.XD

I love it when Tokyo paddles in the remaining milk in my cereal bowl. XD
First time mum to my little men, Tokyo and Ezio.