a chewer

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
redrach

a chewer

Post by redrach » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:09 pm

One of my girls has become obsessed with chewing the bottom of doors in the past few weeks. When freeranging she runs from door to door (there are 6 doors in the hallway/bathroom), trying to chew them all. I've tried saying a firm 'no', pinning her like rats do (she just licks my hands), spraying with a water bottle (she loves being sprayed for some reason..), and am currently just placing her back in the cage for a time out when she does it. Nothing seems to stop her and it's really frustrating because I literally have to follow her constantly and it means I can't spend time with the other 2 girlies who are quite shy. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to stop her? They have SO MANY chews and sticks etc in the cage and some and provided during freerange, but she's just obsessed with the doors. Has anyone tried anti-chew sprays? Do they work? Are they really safe?

Thanks.
Rachael.
My Albie. My Chandler. My Rincewinde. My Twoflower. My Schuster. My Splinter. My Dumbo. My Monk. <3

purple_vixen

Re: a chewer

Post by purple_vixen » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 am

I haven't had problems with this type of chewing; just bumping this in case anyone else has any ideas.

Did you try the sprays?

Vix.
'There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more.' - The Smiths, 'Handsome Devil'.

Animal Pics * Pixel Juice the LoLRat * Twitter