Leaving rats... whats their reaction?

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
emma10

Leaving rats... whats their reaction?

Post by emma10 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Sorry if this should be in another place!

Im going on holiday next week (this time next week I'll be on a beach sipping cosmopolitans ;) )for 12 nights and leaving the boys in the capable hands of my mummy and daddy, who absolutely adore them.

Im just abit worried about when I come back. I've left them for a couple of weekends and its been fine, but almost 2 weeks? Im kind of worried that they will forget/resent/eat me whenIm home.

Also, is their behaviour likely to change whilst im gone, is there anything I should warn the sitters about?

Whats everyones experience with this?

I have promised them some shells and stones from the beach for their digging box so they better be nice to me when I come back!
Mummy to Billy, Maxi and Bilo <3

Goodbye Dento, hope you find a forever home my squidgey<3

Toribob

Re: Leaving rats... whats their reaction?

Post by Toribob » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Mine are fine with their sitter, they don't usually even notice I'm not there!

Beeratz

Post by Beeratz » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Lol my boys sulk for days if I leave them with my mum for just one night!!!!!! Haha
My boys Atlas, Orion, Hermes, Typhon, Chaos, Helios
My bridge boys Zeus, Achilles, Apollo, Morpheus xxx sleep well babies xxx

sati18

Post by sati18 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 pm

they al react differently- as a rulemy rats are much friendlier and more confident with my rat sitter once they realise i'm not there. guess the person that brings the food becomes temporarily the most important person to them :lol: there's never been an issue with them forgetting me though as soon as i get back they know who theirmummy is.

theyll be fine -you're worrying too much :-)
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.

majeekarevel

Post by majeekarevel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 am

I only had my girls for 2 and a half months before going on holiday last year and I think I was more paranoid and scared than them. Though I knew I was about 6000 miles away from them and I was constantly texting to check on them. It's got to be the first time I've been desperate to return from holiday in the USA. They had a great time with my friend and her grandaughter loved them.
Out of my mind . . . . . . . back in 5 minutes!!

Goodbye for now my angel Revel, love you lots and lots :hearts: :dumbohalo: :dumborainbow:

redrach

Post by redrach » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

mine were so excited to be going somewhere different for a week. they sulked the whole way home (40mins) but then when got home they were so excited to be playing and get cleaned out.
Rachael.
My Albie. My Chandler. My Rincewinde. My Twoflower. My Schuster. My Splinter. My Dumbo. My Monk. <3