Randy Boys

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
msmara

Randy Boys

Post by msmara » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:46 pm

I have 14 boys, 7 of which are about 4 months old (due to rescue situation), the next group up is of 2 who are 9 months old, then 2 who are 17 months & 3 who are 2+

Ianto is one of the 2+ ones, and one of my first rescues. He's a very small boy (weight has always fluctuated between 300g & 360g), he was alone up until he was around 15 months when i got him, but is the sweetest & gentlest little rat thing in the world :hearts:

Anyway, recently Jiminy who's around 9m, & most of the babies have been humping Ianto non stop. He's never been dominant at all, but he's literally getting NO peace because they just won't leave him alone. All I hear is his constant squeaks & I feel bad for him as he seems totally put out by it. (he's currently asleep between me & my OH in our bed). Any idea what I can do to stop them or why they'd be doing it when he has no status as such in the colony?

Thanks guys

Samara
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

hedgeweasel

Re: Randy Boys

Post by hedgeweasel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm

coz they can, because he isnt a dominant character hes an easy choice. as they are only 4 months old i wouldnt worry too much just yet (although the poor *please do not swear* is being mobbed by 7 lol) they have reached that age where they are trying to sort their own status out a little and hopefully will sort it out soon.

anyway im sure someone with some ideas will bob along soon.

msmara

Post by msmara » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 am

thankoo m'love :) makes sense, poor little mite x
Samara & the Squishness
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

msmara

Post by msmara » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 pm

is it normal for them to er... leave white stuff behind on him? He's literally getting no rest & it's annoying me as well as him. bloody boys :x
Samara & the Squishness

nikki123

Post by nikki123 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 am

Iif he's had enough I would think about splitting him up from the young boys as the stress may be to much for him. Of course its up to you but thats what I would do :)

Maybe put the 2+ in together in a bachelor pad , as soon as hormones start kickin in it could get worse for them!
Nikki x
Girls Poppy Peggy Kitty Mouse Ceres Hattie Savannah Elena Eve Daisy Rosie Paige Saffy Charlotte Delia Isis Blossom Petal Rio Riley

Boys Zippy Lucas Gobo Boots Harley Jack Ash Baldrick Flynn Maximus

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 am

Is the old boy neutered?
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

msmara

Post by msmara » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 am

Amzy wrote:Is the old boy neutered?
No. I've double checked & he's definitely a boy, I checked. No nipples & he has testicles (all be it small ones for a rat). He's a tiny boy, only weighs 307g at the moment. :(
Samara & the Squishness