Signs that a previously grumpy rat has mellowed

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
acapae_wolf

Signs that a previously grumpy rat has mellowed

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 pm

I am crying with laughter here. I gave the rats some dog food/ burst egg yolk on a plate to lick up just now. They don't normally get food in the middle of the day, so I had to call them down. Orbit was first, then dridh and Esker. Then the two Hawthorn babies appeared... They're really agile and stuff, but are a little unsure about getting down into the deep base still. Usually rats just jump in from one of the lower bits of furniture onto the substrate - which is really deep, so nice landing.

Did the babies do that? No :lol:

Larka climbed onto the big hanging parrot perch, which was above the plate, very carefully aimed, and landed splat right in the middle of Orbit's back :o Orb just carried on eating... The orange baby was looking on, a little unsure. aaw what Larka did, and then jumped off one of the other perches onto Orb as well. I don't think that's *quite* what your cagemates are for, I have to say! It's not that small a drop, so there must have been a considerable weight of falling nearly-11-week-old baby really.

I was really impressed though, both by Larka's ingeniousness, orange-baby's copying of the good plan, and previously grumpy and very food posessive Orble not batting an eyelid :D :D
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Mamahase

Re: Signs that a previously grumpy rat has mellowed

Post by Mamahase » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 pm

That is fantastic! Too bad you didn't get a vid :lol:

Rhi01

Re: Signs that a previously grumpy rat has mellowed

Post by Rhi01 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 am

Aw poor Orb :lol: !
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.