fighting between boys

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
Yamazumi

fighting between boys

Post by Yamazumi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 am

I'm currently in South Africa but my 5 boys are being looked after by my Uncle this week and then my parents for 2 weeks.
Doyle and Doug are still fighting. I'm not there but I know how it goes. Doyle will be in a hammock or something, Doug will come along and Doyle will get defensive. Sometimes Doug wanders off but other times I think it annoys him and he'll chase after Doyle and not leave him alone for a bit.
There isn't any blood and Doyle eats fine, and sometimes they'll sleep next to each other but Doyle eeping and screaming sounds horrible.

Doyle is fine with the others and will play fight with them fine.

At the moment they're in half a Sano, but they've been in a cage that is a jenny with a similar sized cage on top, and they'll be back in that when they're back with my parents and then in a full samo 82 come September.

Is there anything I can do? Will I just have to accept they'll never like each other?
Caspian and Doug - Squishy Boys
Pablo, Murphy and Doyle - Babies!
Rehomed goo boys - Joss, Cyril, Artie and Bam.
RIP :halo: Tallulah, Lola, Stella, Izzie, Marilyn, Addy, Theo, Elliot, Ariel, Elmo, Darcy, Ralph, Nutmeg, Wispa, Bounty, Bundles and Rusty

Yamazumi

Re: fighting between boys

Post by Yamazumi » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 am

If neutering came into it... Who would it even be? It was initially Dougs fault as he grabbed Doyle during introductions and Doyle never got over it, but if Doug was neutered I'm sure Doyle still wouldn't like him, but since its a fear thing with Doyle and a personal dislike for only one rat would that make any difference at all :/?
Caspian and Doug - Squishy Boys
Pablo, Murphy and Doyle - Babies!
Rehomed goo boys - Joss, Cyril, Artie and Bam.
RIP :halo: Tallulah, Lola, Stella, Izzie, Marilyn, Addy, Theo, Elliot, Ariel, Elmo, Darcy, Ralph, Nutmeg, Wispa, Bounty, Bundles and Rusty