Intro adcice

Discuss rat companionship, introductions and behavioural problems such as biting or shyness or tell us about your rat's unusual habits.
louisealex

Intro adcice

Post by louisealex » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am

Hi Everyone,I'm introing my 3 hairless girls to Gary who may or may not be their brother.
He is 2 1/2 weeks post neuter.
We did the bathtub and carrier last night.Everyone in the carrier made sure they were a safe distance from Gary,and he did the same.After about 5 hours nothing had changed.
I didn't want to leave them in the carrier overnight as it was really hot,so put them all in an empty hamster cage.
They are happy to stand near each other at the bars,but the girls are snuggled up in 1 corner and Gary is looking very miserable in the other.
I'm just going to put them back in the carrier and take them for a walk,but does anyone have any other ideas>?
thanks. xx

Jemma

Re: Intro adcice

Post by Jemma » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 am

The best bet is to just leave them, you'lll find over a bit of time they will end up together
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

louisealex

Re: Intro adcice

Post by louisealex » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks for replying Jemma,After a night of opposite corners,I put the nest in the cage,they all got in at once and I didn't hear a peep out of them!
They are all now back in the main cage and Gary is acting as if he has a lways lived there. x