Drayton Manor

chixiethepixie

Drayton Manor

Post by chixiethepixie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 pm

I was forwarded this link via Facebook regarding the terrible conditions that reptiles were being kept in at Drayton manor.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 635&ref=nf

There is a link to a reptile forum with the images of neglect/abuse of reptiles. Please join the facebook petition for better care for these poor creatures

Mod note: Given the information at the end of the RFUK thread, the subject has been tweaked. There appears to be evidence that there has not been any cruelty or neglect.
Do not pm me unless its a matter of life or death
You cant polish a poo
you wouldn't go streaking down the street and not expect people to look at your jibbly bits :wink:

Inner Chorus

Re: Drayton Manor

Post by Inner Chorus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 pm

For some reason, I can't see the link to the forum?

Also not convinced that a petition based on Facebook (someone on there said the group is to serve as the petition, I think?) is the best way to get themselves taken seriously, let alone a group where the title and all information is posted in caps. I do agree that if the conditions are as bad as they are portrayed to be by the information and comments there, something should be done - but I really don't think that the petition will help their case that much. I haven't seen the pictures, but surely if they are that incriminating they could be used as evidence of the neglect, or even sent to local papers etc that could highlight the issue.
Laura (& Howl, Gellert and Tabris) :halo:

chixiethepixie

Post by chixiethepixie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Do not pm me unless its a matter of life or death
You cant polish a poo
you wouldn't go streaking down the street and not expect people to look at your jibbly bits :wink:

Sara_C

Post by Sara_C » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 pm

This does look shocking, but read the last page (page 20 i think it is). Seems like that guy is genuine.
:smileyrat: Fox, Chip :girly: Skyla, Molly
:rainbow: Oscar, Link, Giselle, Aurora, Belle, Angel, Moss, Shane, Bruno, Willow, Earl, Mulan, Jet, Crumpet, Luma, Tinkerbell, Basil. Miss you.

http://www.freewebs.com/rainbow-rats

carney

Post by carney » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:05 am

It seems they are backtracking on the thread on RFUK now :-? I wish people would get their facts before posting stuff like that. It annoys me that people would see that stuff and not ask the questions whilst they were there.
Formerly yappy

andybhoy

Post by andybhoy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:29 am

That is the sort of thread that could land RFUK in legal trouble. Just because people mean well, won't help that forum or those making the claims, if Drayton Manor pressed for legal redress. RFUK would be considered "secondary publishers" in a libel case (though they could easily remove the thread and that would be considered enough usually).

This is why FR are very careful sometimes regarding this type of thing.

RCTlisa

Post by RCTlisa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 am

I have been to Drayton Manor a number of times and met the guy who owns it and he is very open about everything. It has been 2 years since my last visit and we always take a walk around the zoo and I have never seen anything that bad there.
Websites: RCT Rats, RCT Stud
RCT Stud is breeding for happy, friendly and healthy rats in Mink, British Blue & Black.
Mildands Rat Club - Next Show 1st October