Help needed! Need support with a complaint to ITV.....

fuzzywuzzy

Help needed! Need support with a complaint to ITV.....

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm not sure if I can do this on here, or indeed if I am posting this on the right place if I can.

I have just sent the following email to the complaints team at ITV and was wondering if anyone else would be kind enough to send something of a similar ilk too to give the complaint some weight.
The email concerns tonights episode of I'm a Celebrity get me out of here. I was nearly sick. Hopefully for the sake of your stomaches you may not have seen it, if you did then you will know what I am banging on about.
So, if could send your comments to - viewerservices@itv.com - I would be eternally greatful.

Here is what I sent...

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my utter disgust at an incident on the above mentioned show.

I am an avid watcher of the show but after the events of this evening I am seriously doubting whether I can continue to watch.

The episode in question showed the 5 celebrities in the Exile camp snaring, skinning and then eating a rat.
As a rat owner I feel that this is a step too far. Whilst I understand that the contestants have to live the jungle experience, I do not appreciate having to watch an animal that I, and many others, hold dear to our hearts be eaten. Had this been a wild cat or dog this would not have been aired due to public outrage. I can assure you that myself and my partner are utterly outraged, as I am sure that other rat owners will be too.
This creature is a very misunderstood animal, they are clean, intelligent animals, as intelligent if not more so that any cat or dog! I am sure that I will not be the only person to feel this strongly about this matter.

I would like some kind of apology at the lack of respect for this animal shown by Ant & Dec and at the producers for allowing this sort of behaviour.

I trust that you will deal with this matter appropriately.

I look forward to your response,
Missing my babies Ronnie & Reggie so much every day xxx

Rose's Mischief

Re: Help needed! Need support with a complaint to ITV.....

Post by Rose's Mischief » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Oh my days, I will defo write in to. I didn't watch - was it very awful, I mean were they very disrespectful of rats, or was it just they killed/ate it etc?
:dumbo:Puck(16m) :dumbo:Hugo(13m) :dumbo:Troy(14m)
RIP Franco, Gareth, Fantoosh, Stuart, Mr Quin, Chestnut, Mincemeat, Jonah, Barnaby, and Harvey :dumbohalo:
Rats aren't for everyone ... they're very picky.

Smurfette

Post by Smurfette » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:16 pm

would you still be writing a letter if it had been a chicken?

Poppyhal

Post by Poppyhal » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:08 am

are you also going to complain about the crocodile they have been eating and the kanagroo 'parts'. I feel more sorry for all the creepy crawlies they squash and kill when doing the challenges, but you don't seem to have mentioned them? Many people keep cockroaches and spiders as pets. Plus it looked like the rat was killed very quickly and humainly with a very quick cut to the throat by a trained chef.

You might want to look at the other thread started on this topic as others have already complained and may be able to help.

Plus, Ant and Dec warned the viewers what was going to happen, so why did you watch?

ETA: Here is the link to the other post for you http://www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community/v ... 9&t=129670
:love: Fraggle, Dusty, Pootle, Lennie, Scamp, Biscuit, Pickle, Cinders and Norman-Stanley-Fletcher :love:
Missing you all

Poppyhal

Post by Poppyhal » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 am

Rose's Mischief wrote:Oh my days, I will defo write in to. I didn't watch - was it very awful, I mean were they very disrespectful of rats, or was it just they killed/ate it etc?
All you saw was the chef saying he was going to use the knife on its throat and him bend down but you didn't see anything. Then you saw the rat with no skin on, then when it was being cooked (it was in peices then). Some didnt want to eat it but after they said it was delicious. So it didn't die in vain. They weren't disrespectful as far as I could see, apart from the 'eerrrr rat, I'm not eating that', which is completley understandable.

And RM, do you really think it's correct to complain about something you didn't see and therefore can not form an accurate opinion on?
:love: Fraggle, Dusty, Pootle, Lennie, Scamp, Biscuit, Pickle, Cinders and Norman-Stanley-Fletcher :love:
Missing you all

Lor x

Post by Lor x » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Poppyhal wrote:
Rose's Mischief wrote:Oh my days, I will defo write in to. I didn't watch - was it very awful, I mean were they very disrespectful of rats, or was it just they killed/ate it etc?
And RM, do you really think it's correct to complain about something you didn't see and therefore can not form an accurate opinion on?
I agree with this exactly. How can you actually know how bad/offensive it was if you didn't see it? People are disgusted by things in different ways. Something you find horrible I might not. I didn't watch (I think it probably kills braincells just by doing so!) it but if it is, as Poppyhal says then I don't see how that can offend anyone. Like someone else has said, would it be so bad if it was a chicken that was killed?
Owned by the girls; Starbuck and Racetrack. The boys; Emmett, Edward, Husker and Apollo. The Cats; Jasper and Charlie. And the Hamster; Gnasher.
Mourns Dory, Squeak, Misty, Mischief, Boomer and Munchkin.

Love-rat

Post by Love-rat » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:11 pm

To be honest I still wouldn't be pleased if it had been a chicken. At the end of the day I see it seperately though, the rat was treated with minimal respect and the whole show shows cruelty to rats - it's mentioned in the other thread. I think complaints are necessary, particularly about the use of the rats in the trials. It's the way the rats are treated in the trials that really upsets me, I've gone from being a huge fan of the show to refusing to watch it completely.
RIP Fuzz and Fuzzier: HKM Chomsky, my licky chomsk (re rbp smeeze) :dumbo: HKM Scabbers, my lovebug scabs (agouti rex) :smileyrat: Magic oh oh oh it's magic.. (black berky) :baby: and Pablo my bubi (minky berky) :baby:

Darmoth

Post by Darmoth » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:09 pm

its funny every year this happens and I see the same threads, Its almost carbon copies, do you really think there are enough of us concerned rat owners out there to even dent the ITV in boxes? it hasn't made a difference yet, in fact I think there are more rats being used this year than there were last year and there were dozens of posts on this site every week saying send ITV emails complaining of this or that.

It really won't make a difference and based on ITV's recent past they don't really care what there viewers think as long as they get income.
Toby Scabbers Obi Roddy King Bob
Romeo Casanova Harry Valentine Baldrick Odin Thor Loki
Nibbler Missy Honey Biscuit Sweetpea Jellybean
http://www.supporttheanimals.tk Free publicity site for Animal Welfare and Causes.