Petition. - Petshoprelated-

Chelcie

Re: Petition. - Petshoprelated-

Post by Chelcie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Well I clicked the link in the confirmation email. Is that all I needed to do to confirm it?
***Member of the EC (Explorer Club)***
The Girls: Dappy, Bee, Millie & Jennylee
The Boys: Mr Jingles, Steve & Moota
Remebering: Willow, Daisy, Mischeif, Dani, Dennis, Bug, Puffin, Ducky, Molly-Sue, Sookie & Boe

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Yeaap! :hearts:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Chelcie

Post by Chelcie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Has there been a facebook or bebo group made for this?
***Member of the EC (Explorer Club)***
The Girls: Dappy, Bee, Millie & Jennylee
The Boys: Mr Jingles, Steve & Moota
Remebering: Willow, Daisy, Mischeif, Dani, Dennis, Bug, Puffin, Ducky, Molly-Sue, Sookie & Boe

petrify

Post by petrify » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:52 pm

There are so many groups out there already promoting this kind of thing that it seemed a bit pointless. instead ive posted it on all the groups i am part of that promote this, i suggest others do the same.
Rayne & Myst Sleeping:Tempest, Ghost, Whisper, Casper, Lara, Flick, Hopeful, Little Bit, Phoenix, Lady-bum, Embie, Tommy, Fernie, Bea, Aurora, Hazel & Willow, Freya, Missy. Goos Harold & Humphrey

Jaynie99

Post by Jaynie99 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:02 pm

petrify wrote:There are so many groups out there already promoting this kind of thing that it seemed a bit pointless. instead ive posted it on all the groups i am part of that promote this, i suggest others do the same.
Yep, you put it on my group & I sent it to all the members :lol: :D

I have well & truly spammed it across Facebook & sent it to everyone in my Email - think my friends are getting sick of me! :roll:

I signed for me & OH 111 sigs so far.
:dumbogirly: Bridget, Skipper, Fizzle, Itcy (Fatso) Bitcy (Notso) Nooby & Crunch :dumbogirly:
:rainbow: Dizzy, Pixie, Flake, Lucky, Dolly, Emili, Remi, Ellen, Leela, Rainy & Ruby :rainbow:
:love: Wherever I lay my Rat, that's my home :love:

fiverats

Post by fiverats » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Have signed the petition from the FB link you sent Rowan. :)
Rory,Poppy,Jack-Bear,Badger,Ember,Autumn

:rainbow: Biggy,Tempest,Electra,Rupert,Delphina,Blues,Jazz,Lola,Ruby,Rosie,Shadow,Star,Blue,Willow,Titch,Pagan,Sylva,Lilly,
Alorah,Lucy,Raven, Dysis,Brenna,Alanah,Bracken,Bramble,Katy,Kelowna,Willow, :rainbow:

teresaisaacs

Post by teresaisaacs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm

sorry to be a stick in the mud.....

would pet shops with ethical breeding policies be affected by this? The petshop here, and my mum's one only get their animals in when they are ready from breeders that practice ethical breeding. for my mum's shop, the lady that breeds hamsters only lets out one brood every 4 months between her females!!! an has same policy with ratties, but preferrs to put people on a waiting list through the shop. Would it be classed as ethical? she even brings in mummies with babies for the last two weeks before age so people can see babies and mumma...

Each of her animals are soooo freindly and well cared for.

the shop near me always has empty cages, and upon talking says they also work on the waiting list system, and just use the "cages" as holding pens when babbas are ready to be homed.
Things that don't kill us only make us stronger... battle on through, you will surprise yourself.
:hearts: http://www.mums-rendez-vous.co.uk - forum for mothers :hearts:

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Does this breeder keep in contact with you and follow up her lines to insure that her lines dont have serious health/temperament problems? If not then i dont consider them a good breeder.
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)

beckie2040

Post by beckie2040 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Signed!

Only 220 signatures though... come on people!!

xxx

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:57 pm

beckie2040 wrote:Signed!

Only 220 signatures though... come on people!!

xxx
thats 6 more than before! :D

And i gave it a couple of months for more coverage (:

beckie2040

Post by beckie2040 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

I must admit, I saw this a while ago while I was at work and meant to do it when I got home, but have only just remembered... I thought it was ages ago i read it, turns out it was only a couple of weeks since you first posted it. Time flies...!

xxx

teresaisaacs

Post by teresaisaacs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 am

RetroLemons wrote:Does this breeder keep in contact with you and follow up her lines to insure that her lines dont have serious health/temperament problems? If not then i dont consider them a good breeder.
Yes. :hearts:
Things that don't kill us only make us stronger... battle on through, you will surprise yourself.

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 am

teresaisaacs wrote:
RetroLemons wrote:Does this breeder keep in contact with you and follow up her lines to insure that her lines dont have serious health/temperament problems? If not then i dont consider them a good breeder.
Yes. :hearts:
I just re-read your thing, so this person essentially advertises through the shop but doesnt sell them there? Thats different in my eyes as that not the shop selling them that's her advertising her babies through the shop. Have i got that right? :D

teresaisaacs

Post by teresaisaacs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

Kinda ...
Last edited by teresaisaacs on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

teresaisaacs

Post by teresaisaacs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:20 am

she sells through the shop. the shop do get some % for doing it, and in return she gets a staff discount plus her asking price for her animals, but strictly on a waiting list basis. She is retiring from it all soon now, as she doesn't want to breed any more, i found out this morning! :-( i was told she is having her last litter in a couple of months.

the animals stay at the shop for customers to pick up when ready.

so the pet-shop may just very well be becoming animal free! (which my mum wants anyway, but the owners don't, but that's another story, don't want to go off topic x)