Hammocks - Poll

Will You Still Order From ROsguCreations Without The 50p Hammocks?

Yes
56%
No
24%
Maybe
20%

Total votes: 25

RetroLemons

Hammocks - Poll

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Not sure of this is the right place so sorry if i got it wrong! :love:

I'm having to come to the hard decision to stop my 50p hammocks due to lowering material levels, and time. Also i feel like im about to burn 50p hammocks with the amount 'ive had to make! :lol:

Instead i want to work with my products, change up the materials, and create better quality stuff 8)

My plan is to switch from polar fleece to sherpa for extra comfort and warmth, have washers on the back of my eyelets for neatness, sturdyness etc. Switch from wadding to fleece layers, and all this without my prices rising much, but i can't do all this with 50p hammocks looming over my head.

Now the problem is, as a business im new and a lot of my sales have been for 50p hammocks. I love what i do, and i dont want to pull out the 50p hammocks and be left with an order every 6 months! :lol:

So I'm wondering, will you still order if the 50p hammocks arent there? Because i don't want to go spending a fortune on new materials etc if they'll sit collecting dust, as i know there's other really great hammock makers out there already!

If you'd like i'd love if you said why as i'm always wanting to improve! :hearts:

Thankyou :D
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

RetroLemons

Re: Hammocks - Poll

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:25 pm

(This should have gone in surveys :oops: Could you move it please? :D )
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)

Ali-C

Post by Ali-C » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm

I wooooould. ^_^ COme to think of it, I need some more hammoks... :p

kammi_sparky123

Post by kammi_sparky123 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

NO WAY!!

...yes of course I would :lol:
x Kammi x
Star, Ivy, Alice, Meeka and Stuart :hearts:
Amelia, Mable, Steve, Piper, Rosie, Lilly :rainbow: :hearts:

MistressSadako

Post by MistressSadako » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:47 pm

I've only ordered from you once, and it was 50p hammocks - I tend not to buy hammocks much, as I can make them or use quid shop fleeces - when you have bout 5 cages its really about quantity and not quality, i can't afford nice hammocks - sorry!
Stacey and the residents of Muse Rattery
Missing all my past ratties :hearts:
North of England Rat Society - next show Saturday 25thJune, Preston

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Ali-C wrote:I wooooould. ^_^ COme to think of it, I need some more hammoks... :p
Thankyouu!
kammi_sparky123 wrote:NO WAY!!

...yes of course I would :lol:
Thanks! :D
MistressSadako wrote:I've only ordered from you once, and it was 50p hammocks - I tend not to buy hammocks much, as I can make them or use quid shop fleeces - when you have bout 5 cages its really about quantity and not quality, i can't afford nice hammocks - sorry!
Thats what i think's the case with most people, but im sure im loosing money :o I think i might have them sometimes and sometimes not etc instead of having them in all the time!
Thankyou for saying why though :hearts:

MistressSadako

Post by MistressSadako » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:03 pm

50p is SO cheap for a hammock though...why not make them a quid? then you'd be double the money up, and its still much cheaper than anything else out there. I would definately buy £1 hammocks, since for a tenner I could still get 10 which would last me at least a couple of months i'm sure :lol:
Stacey and the residents of Muse Rattery
Missing all my past ratties :hearts:
North of England Rat Society - next show Saturday 25thJune, Preston

snaisby

Post by snaisby » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Why don't you make 50p hammocks when you have scraps left over from making higher quality hammocks (that was the original idea i'm guessing?) and just advertise that you have a certain amount available? then first come, first served on who gets them :)
Sarah :)
Mum to Russian Bloo Titus :smileyrat: Black Self Pike :smileyrat: Ginger Splodgy Pan :smileyrat: & Io the Ivory :smileyrat:
RIP my beautiful boys Dylan, Domino and Dexter
and my past girls: Noodle, Pax and Pinky

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 pm

MistressSadako wrote:50p is SO cheap for a hammock though...why not make them a quid? then you'd be double the money up, and its still much cheaper than anything else out there. I would definately buy £1 hammocks, since for a tenner I could still get 10 which would last me at least a couple of months i'm sure :lol:
Good point! :D Thankyou :hearts:
snaisby wrote:Why don't you make 50p hammocks when you have scraps left over from making higher quality hammocks (that was the original idea i'm guessing?) and just advertise that you have a certain amount available? then first come, first served on who gets them :)
Haha it was until i was selling more than i had scraps, so i was using other material :lol: I think i will do that :D Means i get a break from huuge numbers of 50phammocks and cheap hammocks will still be available at times when i have enough! Why didnt i think of that :rollred: Thankyouu :love:

laa

Post by laa » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 am

yeah, that's why i emailed asking if there was a limit on buying them as i thought they were made from material scraps and that you would lose money if you made so many...

£1 hammocks is certainly very cheap as well, and perhaps put a limit on how many you will sell in one transaction?

if i didn't have so many chewers at the moment i dont think i'd have a problem buying any of your other products :D

eta: ee just got my package of 50p hammocks as i posted that! :lol: fabulous!
:hearts: Monster, Monkey, Jareth & Ludo :hearts:
:rainbow: Loki, Shake, Dahl, 'Olly', Vac, Bishop, Shakespeare, Burton, Gomaz, Harley, Greebo, Cobway, Ichabod, Marmite, Moran, Iago, Carlos, Oliver, George, Squishee, Sable, Bailey :rainbow:

malude

Post by malude » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 am

MistressSadako wrote:50p is SO cheap for a hammock though...why not make them a quid? then you'd be double the money up, and its still much cheaper than anything else out there. I would definately buy £1 hammocks, since for a tenner I could still get 10 which would last me at least a couple of months i'm sure :lol:
This is what I was gonna say too. I'd happily pay £1...but then this might not solve the problem you have with large orders but at least you'd be able to make some profit.
:love:George, Reuben, Zephyr Brompton Cocktail, Seth & Tate :hearts:
:halo: Daisy Matilda Myrtle Mildred Maud Lucy Mabel Polly Jemima
Ash Murray Martha Eliza Charlie Kit ZephyrRookieOfTheYear Pascoe Iris
:halo:

pb4

Post by pb4 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah, 50p is really cheap I think £1 is still an absolute bargain..I think I would price them at £1.50 and you could always do a bundle where they work out to be £1 each. For example 5 for £5 or £1.50 each? You could still say hammocks from £1 then? Just a thought..hope the orders keep rolling in for you :D

Pauline
Linus :dumbohalo: Franklin :dumbohalo: Snoopy :halo: Spike :halo:

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Thankyou for all the advice, is much appreciated :D Even if it is to keep those cheap hammocks for you 8)

I have a limit at the moment of a max of 10, apart from rescues. So £1 is reasonable, and i might not begrudge them so much then! :lol:

Thankyou for the replies, and votes! :hearts:

stormsmuggler

Post by stormsmuggler » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I confess to never having ordered anything from you. From a business point of view, how can you possibly do them so cheap and hope to make anything at that cost. So they are made out of scraps, but cotton thread doesn`t come cheap these days. How many can you produce in a hour? Talk about slave labour, you`re probably on a lower income than those poor kids in third world countries. Then there`s the hidden overheads, electricity etc.
So you are resourceful in making something out of scraps, rather than putting the waste in a bin and you obviously get pleasure from sewing but you are a business and cannot work at a loss.
If I were you I`d a) continue to make them for genuine rescues and charities or b) limit them to say 3 or 4 per customer on top of say a minimum £10 order
c) offer as a buy something else get one free type deal to promote your other products or d) make them as and when you feel like it and offer them at a slightly higher price a couple of times a year (say christmas time) to first come first served or "subject to availability".
It sounds to me that instead of using up your scraps you are now cutting and making them to order.
We all like a bargain but even bargain basement shops make a profit.
Raz@hotel for rats. 23 boys, 11 girls :D Auntie Raz to 17 crazy girlies, 4 big boys and a mouse called Maurice.
Home of Chelsea bun mini muffins and some of park rats and parkies :)
to the 33 at the bridge I love and miss you all

xxzeezeexx

Post by xxzeezeexx » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 pm

I vote for uping the price too, I had an order from you and was very happy with it.
Stop the world, I want to get off!
My big little boys:Fudge, Cocoa, Rafael and Leonardo. RIP Badger, Bear, Hamster and Buffy, miss you loads.
Conversation killer-I join a discussion and everyone else stops responding.