Hammocks - Poll

Will You Still Order From ROsguCreations Without The 50p Hammocks?

Yes
56%
No
24%
Maybe
20%

Total votes: 25

RetroLemons

Re: Hammocks - Poll

Post by RetroLemons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm

stormsmuggler wrote:I confess to never having ordered anything from you. From a business point of view, how can you possibly do them so cheap and hope to make anything at that cost. So they are made out of scraps, but cotton thread doesn`t come cheap these days. How many can you produce in a hour? Talk about slave labour, you`re probably on a lower income than those poor kids in third world countries. Then there`s the hidden overheads, electricity etc.
So you are resourceful in making something out of scraps, rather than putting the waste in a bin and you obviously get pleasure from sewing but you are a business and cannot work at a loss.
If I were you I`d a) continue to make them for genuine rescues and charities or b) limit them to say 3 or 4 per customer on top of say a minimum £10 order
c) offer as a buy something else get one free type deal to promote your other products or d) make them as and when you feel like it and offer them at a slightly higher price a couple of times a year (say christmas time) to first come first served or "subject to availability".
It sounds to me that instead of using up your scraps you are now cutting and making them to order.
We all like a bargain but even bargain basement shops make a profit.

Thats exactly what i've come to realise :rollred: Thankyou for the idea's, im going to be well and truely thinking about it over the next couple of days as there are multiple ways of oging about it!

xxzeezeexx wrote:I vote for uping the price too, I had an order from you and was very happy with it.

Thankyou! :hearts:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

!anna!

Post by !anna! » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 pm

I've got to admit that I probably wouldn't order better quality hammocks, for the simple reason that my boys are chewers. They're also in a tower type cage and need lots of hammocks at a time to block gaps so really for me it is quantity rather than quality. I've been really happy with the 50p hammocks I ordered they're great, but they do seem too good quality despite being made from scraps to be sold for 50p.
I agree with upping the price to a £1, maybe run an offer where they're sold for the first week of the month every month or something? So that then the pressure of making so many isn't a constant worry. I don't know if that price would still mean you're running at a loss though, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to continue with them.
Currently a slave to - Jack, Viktor, Bill, Ben, Monty and Harry

:halo: Toby, Alex, Bobby and Charlie, :dumbohalo: Tom, Oscar, Sid, Olly, Boris and Theo

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 pm

!anna! wrote:I've got to admit that I probably wouldn't order better quality hammocks, for the simple reason that my boys are chewers. They're also in a tower type cage and need lots of hammocks at a time to block gaps so really for me it is quantity rather than quality. I've been really happy with the 50p hammocks I ordered they're great, but they do seem too good quality despite being made from scraps to be sold for 50p.
I agree with upping the price to a £1, maybe run an offer where they're sold for the first week of the month every month or something? So that then the pressure of making so many isn't a constant worry. I don't know if that price would still mean you're running at a loss though, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to continue with them.

Thank You :D

I have decided to keep them, upped them to a £1 and they wont be there all the time. Ill make so many and put them up, first come-first served as was mentioned.

Thankyou everyone, for supporting me and giving me ideas!
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!