Glue trap ban for the UK petition

batty_rat

Glue trap ban for the UK petition

Post by batty_rat » Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm

The OH sent this to me and asked about me putting it up on here. I have seen some for sale in my local £ store, and really wish i'd have the guts to ask them to stop selling them...

Please sign...
Rat mum from afar :cry: My boys are up in Scotland being doted on paw and claw.

Hekla: Keep up the good mess making :hearts:
Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:
Fargo: Carry on loving :hearts:

RetroLemons

Re: Glue trap ban for the UK petition

Post by RetroLemons » Thu May 27, 2010 11:38 pm

What is a glue trap?

And where is the petition ? :lol:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Ticklesqueek

Post by Ticklesqueek » Fri May 28, 2010 6:42 am

Glue traps are horrible ways of controling 'vermin', they are basically sticky sheets that are put on the floor that when mice/rats walk over them they get stuck. They can end up being left there to starve, get eaten by predators or even chewing off their own limbs.

I would like to sign the petition batty_rat, can you add a link?
Member of the Explorer Club. Owned by Eorl (Eo)RIP, Theoden (Denny) and Gamling.
The Rodent Complementary Theory
"In any pair (or small group) of rats, the individual personalities interact in such a way as to create a perfect balance."

Woody

Post by Woody » Fri May 28, 2010 8:24 am

Glue traps are horrible things. Having said that I really don't believe in petitions, if anything the last government taught me how useless they were, so instead I 'protest with my wallet', and I won't use any shop that sells them.

Which is why I can never shop at amazon.
Hot and righteous :D

The views expressed in my posts are not related or endorsed by any company or organisation. In fact, often, they aren't even endorsed by me!

batty_rat

Post by batty_rat » Fri May 28, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah sorry guys I was about to go out and posted it in a rush :lol:

Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/gtraps05/petition.html

I've found a beautiful blue tit caught in one in a neighbours garden. I think they didn't realise that other animals could get caught in them. Luckily they realised their mistake and got humane traps for the mice they had problems with in their shed.

Well it won't hurt signing it. I don't normally sign peteitions either but its worth a shot eh? :lol:
Rat mum from afar :cry: My boys are up in Scotland being doted on paw and claw.

Hekla: Keep up the good mess making :hearts:
Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:
Fargo: Carry on loving :hearts:

wizzyjo

Post by wizzyjo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 am

I know a lot of people shop on the gjw titmuss for ecopetbed. I dont know if anyones noticed, but they also sell glue traps and it might be worth some people emailing them to ask them to stop. I emailed them and threatened to stop buying from them unless they were taken off sale and got no response which was quite annoying. Maybe if some others email them, they might get the hint of how horrible glue traps are.
Mammy to 3 beautiful boys; Peppin, Ricco and Noodle.
Rest in peace Sam and Beany. Brothers now reunited in rat heaven <3 Rest peacefully my Waldo, never forgotten.

Woody

Post by Woody » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 am

That is the only way to stop the sale of these things I think, boycotting sales from shops that sell things like that.
I know my boycott of amazon is never going to do anything, that is just a principled point of view, but with smaller shops it certainly has the power to help.

One of the new shops that posts on here stopped selling glue traps when they realised it would not be good for their business, which shows it can work.
Hot and righteous :D

The views expressed in my posts are not related or endorsed by any company or organisation. In fact, often, they aren't even endorsed by me!

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am

wizzyjo wrote:I know a lot of people shop on the gjw titmuss for ecopetbed. I dont know if anyones noticed, but they also sell glue traps and it might be worth some people emailing them to ask them to stop.
I didn't know this. The cheaper price of cardboard isn't worth the suffering these traps cause so I'll be letting them know they won't be having my business til they stop.

Do wilkinsons sell glue traps does anyone know?
Moth :dumbo: Slug :dunce: Bug :smileyrat: Grub :smileyrat:
Missing: Ziggy Tribble Fiver Gumbo Rowdy Hige Toboe Tate Lyle Steven Daisy Crunchie Gaelan

wizzyjo

Post by wizzyjo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Nope I dont believe so. Or at least not on their website. They have for sale the other types of rat and mouse traps online but theres no sign of glue traps :)
Mammy to 3 beautiful boys; Peppin, Ricco and Noodle.
Rest in peace Sam and Beany. Brothers now reunited in rat heaven <3 Rest peacefully my Waldo, never forgotten.

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Done !

As a side note, when voting with your wallet, be sure to let the retailer know why you wont shop there. That way youre a lost customer rather than a non-customer.
Doug, witless provider to :
Boys: Brannigan, Kiff.
Girls: Yuffie, Rinoa, Peaches.
:rainbow: 12 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Johnny-5 :rainbow:
Glue Trap Awareness