Jerusha

Re: Rat Lifespan Survey 2 *New*

Post by Jerusha » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Rosie
Year Of Death: 2009
Sex: Female
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): silver fawn hooded
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): Pet shop
Cause of Death: facial tumour prevented her from eating properly; died after scratching a wound on her face so that it bled
Whether the rat was bred from: No
Food the rat was fed on: shunamite diet, baby food (in old age), some fresh food, treats, etc.
My rattie kisses: :dumbogirly: :hearts: Mia, Maya, and Mitzi :hearts: :dumbogirly:
Rest in peace: Nessie, Cherie, Anita, Jerusha, Rosie, and Daisy :rainbow:

Jerusha

Post by Jerusha » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Jerusha
Year Of Death: 2008
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): Agouti hooded
Cause of Death: mammary tumours (She had three.)
Food the rat was fed on: Shunamite diet, baby food (in old age), some fresh food, treats, etc.
My rattie kisses: :dumbogirly: :hearts: Mia, Maya, and Mitzi :hearts: :dumbogirly:
Rest in peace: Nessie, Cherie, Anita, Jerusha, Rosie, and Daisy :rainbow:

Baz

Post by Baz » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Richard
Sex: m
Variety: Black hooded
Origin: rescue
Cause of Death: stroke, also had hld, tumours in tail and possibly throughout his body
Whether the rat was bred from: N
Food the rat was fed on: shunamite plus fresh veg etc. Kidney diet for last 2.5 months of his life
Part time car enthusiast, full time ferro-equinologist

Stace87

Post by Stace87 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:59 am

Max

Sex: Male
Variety: Standard eared silverfawn mismarked hooded
Origin: Pet store - Pets at Home
Cause of Death: Tumour high up on left hind leg, attached to muscle or bone. Surgery not opted for as it would have meant amputation of leg. Passed away 3 weeks after tumour discovered - very quick growing.
Whether the rat was bred from: Unknown
Food the rat was fed on: Pets at Home rat nuggets, pasta, cereals, fruit/veg

yoshimi

Post by yoshimi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 am

Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): Black hooded
Cause of Death: PTS - was suffering from repiratory proplems and blood in urine, she didn't respond to treatment.
Food the rat was fed on: straights mix, high amounts of fresh foods, fresh protein sources.
The Goodwin Girls: Freya, Hnoss, Saga, Sagatoo, Dita, Strike Bullet & Hel :girly: RIP Champs, most recent to the bridge
Sarah Carling on Twitter, Sarah Carling on Linkedin, Sarah Carling on Facebook

xxzeezeexx

Post by xxzeezeexx » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:42 am

I was a idiot when I had these two so dont jump on my mistakes, I was a total noob and a teenager
Year Of Death: 2004
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): Albino
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): P@H
Cause of Death: Unknown- had been loosing weight for a week, and found him in the cage dead.
Whether the rat was bred from: Y/N (and subsequently the number of litters the rat had). NO
Food the rat was fed on (base food and whether given fresh foods, with an example): Wilkos hamster mix.
What bedding were they kept on: sawdust
Neutered?: yes
(I know these last two werent asked for, but I think it would be important to research)

Year Of Death: 2005
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black hooded
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): P@H
Cause of Death: Unknown
Whether the rat was bred from: Y/N (and subsequently the number of litters the rat had). No
Food the rat was fed on (base food and whether given fresh foods, with an example): Wilkos hamster mix
What bedding were they kept on: sawdust
Neutered?: no
(I know these last two werent asked for, but I think it would be important to research)
Food the rat was fed on (base food and whether given fresh foods, with an example): Wilkos hamster mix.
Stop the world, I want to get off!
My big little boys:Fudge, Cocoa, Rafael and Leonardo. RIP Badger, Bear, Hamster and Buffy, miss you loads.
Conversation killer-I join a discussion and everyone else stops responding.

neenie

Post by neenie » Tue May 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Scabbers
Sex: M
Variety: Agouti Berkshire top-ear
Cause of Death: old age
Food the rat was fed on : Xtra Vital shunamite type mix with fresh foods - wasn't keen on sweet things like fruit, but would have eaten dog food til he exploded if I'd have let him!

Gary
Variety: Fuzzy hooded hairless top-ear
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue
Cause of Death: unknown - degenerated very quickly... sort of aged overnight... was pts
Food the rat was fed on : Xtra Vital shunamite type mix with fresh veg and extras (he loved the odd Nice biscuit as well)

Minty
Variety: Fuzzy hooded hairless dumbo
Cause of Death: old age
Food the rat was fed on : Xtra Vital shunamite type mix with fresh veg and extras (he loved the odd Nice biscuit as well)
Nia and her girls Billie, Delilah and Floyd

R.I.P Gary, Minty, Scabbers, Mini, Mojo, Hannibal

Jaynie99

Post by Jaynie99 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Dolly

Sex: F
Variety: Himalayan Dumbo
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): Pets at Home
Cause of Death: Unknown, suspected viral infection or neurological disease
Food the rat was fed on : Shunamite diet, Winalot dog food (they always get in dog bowl during free range!) Fresh fruit & veg, chocolate soya milk
:dumbogirly: Bridget, Skipper, Fizzle, Itcy (Fatso) Bitcy (Notso) Nooby & Crunch :dumbogirly:
:rainbow: Dizzy, Pixie, Flake, Lucky, Dolly, Emili, Remi, Ellen, Leela, Rainy & Ruby :rainbow:
:love: Wherever I lay my Rat, that's my home :love:

longlegs

Post by longlegs » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

I've had a lot more than this, but the records for most aren't accurate enough to be worth including :-?

Hattie
Year Of Death: 2004
Sex: female
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black capped
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue - originally from a foster litter, raised here since 3 days old
Cause of Death: PTS - severe respiratory problems, possibly asthma-related
Food the rat was fed on: Xtra Vital as far as I can remember, with occasional veggies, cooked rice/pasta etc

Charlie
Year Of Death: 2006
Sex: male
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): accidental litter born here, both parents were rescues
Cause of Death: unknown - found dead in cage. Had had HLD, no other obvious problems
Food the rat was fed on: Xtra Vital as far as I can remember, with occasional veggies, cooked rice/pasta etc

Daisy
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): agouti hooded
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): accidental litter born here, both parents were rescues
Cause of Death: PTS - I think this was due to lumps reappearing after surgery and getting too large, decided against further surgery

Holly
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black capped
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue - originally from a foster litter, raised here from 3 days old
Cause of Death: PTS - I think this was due to lumps reappearing after surgery and getting too large, decided against further surgery
Whether the rat was bred from: Y - 1 accidental litter (little minx!!)

Alfie
Cause of Death: PTS - can't remember why, but he had had a very large lump removed, so probably related to lumps

Harry
Year Of Death: 2007
Cause of Death: PTS due to large mass in abdomen, possibly cancerous and spread to lungs
Food the rat was fed on: Xtra Vital as far as I can remember, with occasional veggies, cooked rice/pasta etc, maybe vegetarian version of shunamite diet towards the end of his life

Henry
Cause of Death: PTS, mainly due to respiratory problems but HLD was a factor also
Food the rat was fed on: Xtra Vital as far as I can remember, with occasional veggies, cooked rice/pasta etc, maybe vegetarian version of shunamite diet towards the end of his life

Willow
Sex: female - spayed at around 9/10 weeks old
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): silvered champagne
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): petshop
Cause of Death: PTS due to vestibular disease
Food the rat was fed on: vegetarian version of the shunamite diet, along with usual fresh food

Bracken
Sex: female - spayed at around 9/10 weeks old
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): champagne rex
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): petshop
Cause of Death: PTS due to severe, unexplained weight loss over several months that just got too much for her. Possibly thyroid related?
Food the rat was fed on: vegetarian version of the shunamite diet, along with usual fresh food

Barry
Sex: male - neutered (at around 12 weeks old if I remember correctly)
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): silver fawn
Cause of Death: PTS due to sudden onset CNS problem. We aren't sure exactly what it was as he was semi-wild and we decided it was kinder not to put him through investigations and treatment as he was so scared around humans

Merry
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black roan
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue - originally from a foster litter, born here
Cause of Death: PTS due to respiratory problems and heart disease

Bonnie
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black roan
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue - originally from a foster litter, born here
Cause of Death: unknown - found dead in cage. Had had 2 lumps removed a couple of months earlier and they had reappeared, so possibly they had spread internally

Frodo
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): black hooded dumbo
Cause of Death: heart failure - looked a bit lethargic one evening and deteriorated over a few hours, showing clear heart problems, before dying in his sleep

Steve
Sex: male - neutered at 10 months old
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): rescue (had been in P@H adoption before then)
Cause of Death: PTS due to confusion and depression, probably because his HLD had spread to his front paws

Grace
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): british blue (?irish) dumbo
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): preloved (I think she was originally from a petshop)
Cause of Death: PTS due to sudden deterioration in her respiratory problems which didn't respond to medication (probably asthma-related)
Whether the rat was bred from: N (not as far as I know)

Pippin
Variety (eg siamese dumbo rex berkshire): siamese hooded
Cause of Death: PTS due to combination of age-related problems that just got too much for him - HLD, suspected kidney disease, respiratory problems
Food the rat was fed on: vegetarian version of the shunamite diet, along with usual fresh food. Kidney-friendly diet followed for his last few months (not sure on exact timings, sorry)
Katie and the Kahini Rats xxx
:hearts: Many gone but never forgotten :hearts:

daffee

Post by daffee » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Matilda
Variety: agouti
Origin: breeder
Cause of Death: pts suffering from internal tumour with rapid decline and going into respiratory failure
Food the rat was fed on: shunamite style mix based on Alpha Herbal or more recently mixed flakes with Happidog nuggets and various cereals/grains plus daily fresh veg eg carrot, brocolli, curly kale, peas etc plus regular pasta/rice/cous cous plus chickpeas, egg, soya milk occasionally etc.
Midget Bambi Thai Indy Jasmine Olive Roland Lily China Jay Daisy Balthazar Matilda Monty Bob Milo Bartleby Bella Lucy Rosie Loki Towser Beamish Guinness Fudge Bailey Murphy Fleur Milly Maus Sheri Hari Sandy Fez

Jaynie99

Post by Jaynie99 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Emili

Variety: Grey Capped Dumbo
Origin (eg Breeder/Rescue etc.): Local pet shop (who told me they were from a local breeder & I believed it!)
Cause of Death: Repeated Facial abscesses - believed to have spread to the bone/muscle
Food the rat was fed on : Shunamite diet, Winalot dog food (they always get in dog bowl during free range!) Fresh fruit & veg, chocolate soya milk
:dumbogirly: Bridget, Skipper, Fizzle, Itcy (Fatso) Bitcy (Notso) Nooby & Crunch :dumbogirly:
:rainbow: Dizzy, Pixie, Flake, Lucky, Dolly, Emili, Remi, Ellen, Leela, Rainy & Ruby :rainbow:
:love: Wherever I lay my Rat, that's my home :love: