nutrical

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
Athena

nutrical

Post by Athena » Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 pm

I can't find this locally, however I have found nurish-um cat malt paste which has a high calorie count for building up cats and kittens, anyone tried this on under weight rats?
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

Dinky

Re: nutrical

Post by Dinky » Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Loads of people use this as an alternative - but nutrical apparently is like liquid gold!
Lisa is owned by Harry, Travis and Spencer
:rainbow: Little Husk, Ninja-man; Kes, beautiful blue; Alfie; Big boy Rex; Fussy boy; Wilson - always with me

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 pm

It's alright, in that it's a high sugar/ calorie malt paste. But it doesn't have all the extra vitamins and proteins which make nutrical so great. If the rats in question are eating other things fine, then as a bit of a boost or a treat or for hiding meds in it's fine. Nutrical is superior though; (very sick rats can be fed on it alone. So if you can get it (both RR and TRW stock it) then it's definately worth it :)
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Stevmic

Post by Stevmic » Wed May 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Looks like it doesn't cost too much to ship from the US

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NutriCal-Gel-4-25 ... 500wt_1137

Works out to just over £10
Please, call me Mike :)

Vince :smileyrat: + Miles :smileyrat: + Eli :dumbo: +Griffin :dumbo:
R.I.P Blue :sadrat:

AlienRat

Post by AlienRat » Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I have it here:

http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_detail ... 326&cat=11

And if you select Standard shipping, I can send it to you same day by 1st class post for just over £9.00 :)
Sabby, RitaVonCheese, Jamie, Ethylene, Victor, Hector, Boris, Gunther

RIP: KimoCandyBenjaminNutbagChinaJeremiahChikinCletusMansonDieterCallistaFifiAlfieAliceGeorgeEvaJemimaPEPoxyAmaraTrixiSpookBuddhaMayaBuboDomdom BuffyWillowJeremy.II MicrobeJeremy

Stevmic

Post by Stevmic » Wed May 04, 2011 2:45 pm

AlienRat wrote:I have it here:

And if you select Standard shipping, I can send it to you same day by 1st class post for just over £9.00 :)
I've just placed an order on your site, thanks :)

AlienRat

Post by AlienRat » Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Stevmic wrote:

I just managed to catch the post with your package! :)

RIP: KimoCandyBenjaminNutbagChinaJeremiahChikinCletusMansonDieterCallistaFifiAlfieAliceGeorgeEvaJemimaPEPoxyAmaraTrixiSpookBuddhaMayaBuboDomdom BuffyWillowJeremy.II MicrobeJeremy

Stevmic

Post by Stevmic » Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm

AlienRat wrote:
Stevmic wrote:

I just managed to catch the post with your package! :)
Excellent, I got the e-mail too. Thanks very much :)

AlienRat

Post by AlienRat » Wed May 04, 2011 6:12 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:It's alright, in that it's a high sugar/ calorie malt paste. But it doesn't have all the extra vitamins and proteins which make nutrical so great. If the rats in question are eating other things fine, then as a bit of a boost or a treat or for hiding meds in it's fine.
It does have a lot of the same vitamins that Nutrical has, just a different formulation (Nurish Um has slightly more protein than Nutrical, but both are a negligible source), different ingredients, some things are in Nutrical and not in Nurish-Um and vice versa. Although I agree, Nutrical is a better quality product.

Athena

Post by Athena » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Will probably get nutrical too then, its for my Teller, he eats well but is suck a sickly weak little guy I just want to give him a bit of a boost, he seems to be getting abscess after abcess right now despite having no wounds, he is half the size of his litter mate, very shy and nervous but seems happy pattering about away from his cage mates! Thanks for all the information!
X
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 pm

the nutrical i used to buy used to advertise as having an appetite stimulant in it, which is why i always chose it over any other supplement for sick/underweight pets...but it doesnt say that on the label anymore as far as i can tell....i dont know if they've changed the formula or weather its a different nutrical thats readily available as they do a few versions, i think

i did a taste test on my boys ages ago........ nurishum on one finger, nutrical on another, malt paste on the last..........nutrical won hands down......but the ret soon got gobbled up too
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Perhaps I'm thinking of another brand of malt paste then - there are a few!

Scattie? Do you still have those fingers? :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Thu May 05, 2011 2:11 am

Lol AW ... am learning to live with stumps! :D
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube