The big taste test..

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
myzoo

Re: The big taste test..

Post by myzoo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

GeekyGoth wrote:I can now add mini "Markies" to the list - they are really hard to bite into like super baked three day old biscuit and the stuff in the middle meant to be "Meaty" doesnt taste of anything much, kinda a dusty, dry, ... hmmm... musty taste.

Ratties give.... 4/5 boggles - Mummy gives 2/5 boggles

awwww! my gawd! (god!) markies is that them mini things that lok like sausage rolls white/creamy coloured outer and a manky brown filling yucky! ack! cough! splutter! eugh! you guys are gross and i was just about to eat my dinner but think i might pass now lol. now try some of these http://www.bakerscomplete.co.uk/Product ... fault.aspx :D

mupsy

Post by mupsy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Couldnt get any dreamies but Kit came home with some "beaphar Malt Bits"

Our cats have gone crazy for them so i just had to find out why!
They smell a bit like frazzles and maltyness..
hard to crunch but actually quite yummy!
A bit of a cereal/wheaty taste but not fake tasting like other treats

boggles 4/5 !! :D
Essex Guinea Pig Rat and Rabbit Rescue.
Based in essex, aiming to rehabilitate and rehome all small furries in need.

Razcox

Post by Razcox » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:56 pm

This thread is amazing and been keeping me entertained durning the last boring bit of work!!

I wont be trying my rats food or my dogs food though - sorry folks! the smell puts me off, cooked tripe is not nice :sickrat:
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie, Pip, Noodle and the rat formally known as Charlotte.

majeekarevel

Post by majeekarevel » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:24 pm

I once tried a pony nut, was like eating compacted cardbaord :lol:
Out of my mind . . . . . . . back in 5 minutes!!

Goodbye for now my angel Revel, love you lots and lots :hearts: :dumbohalo: :dumborainbow:

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 pm

mupsy wrote:Couldnt get any dreamies but Kit came home with some "beaphar Malt Bits"

Our cats have gone crazy for them so i just had to find out why!
They smell a bit like frazzles and maltyness..
hard to crunch but actually quite yummy!
A bit of a cereal/wheaty taste but not fake tasting like other treats

boggles 4/5 !! :D
:sickrat: :lol: just a different flavour dreamie malt instead of chicken yak! next time i go to but rattie bits iam going to find you the nastiest thing i can find somthing must make you puke. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wicked-jester

Post by wicked-jester » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 am

myzoo wrote::o :o :lol: :sickrat: :o IVE! just spent the last 30mins reading through this tread and ive felt every emoton possible first no they wont! disbeleif-shock-horrifid-giggle-gringe-laugh-shiver-eyespop out-gag-very very frightened i thought i was mixing wit sane inteligent people eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
i would never in a million years try anything that smels slightly icky just getting nurishum on my hands makes me gag. and dr squiggles daily ewww the smel its like musky unknown smell. and some nuggets smell like puke.
i wont even eat anything more than a day old/open from the fridge iam very fussy and gag at nything nasty ewwwwwwwww!
i once tricked my ex into eating rodent drops like yoggies and choco drops he was forever nicking the kids sweets s i left some in a dish and waited his face was a picture.
so whats next? i say you should try them cat treats filled with chicken or fish they look like little pillows like mini krave cereal but filled with yuk my ratties love them they are calle dreamies i think.

TASTE CAT DREAMIES! I DARE YOU RATS LOVE THEM!
I wanted to see what the fuss over the cheese ones was about the other week. This resulted in half chewed Dreamies, gagging and excessive dribbling before running out the room to spit them out and chugging on Jager. They tasted like sick.

msmara

Post by msmara » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 am

wicked-jester wrote:They tasted like sick.
i can confirm this to be true :cry: :sickrat:
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

beckie2040

Post by beckie2040 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:43 pm

This kept me highly amused on my lunchbreak today :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I have to contribute is that banana Septrin does in fact taste like something banana flavoured (like Angel Delight, not like an actual banana), but has a very bitter aftertaste.

Who's going to be first to nibble a lava ledge?!

GeekyGoth

Post by GeekyGoth » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:58 am

Next on the list P@H apple drops.

Smells of nothing much, looks like plastic.
Tastes very sickly, creamy consistency, can't detect any apple.
Weird aftertaste, very synthetic.

Initial taste, 4/5 boggles
Aftertaste, 2/5 boggles
Whiskers In The Ear small animal rescue often has animals seeking forever homes.http://www.whiskersintheear.bravehost.com

Owned By The Fuzzy Hoards
Sweet dreams to all those at the bridge, Mummy loves you all

GeekyGoth

Post by GeekyGoth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 am

Burgess Excel Nature Snacks Wild Apple and Carrot Chunks..

Are these really designed for the furry things?

Fruity, Nomable, Natural Tasting... Om-Nom-Nom

5/5 Boggles

Changes order to.... 1 for ratties 1 for me
Whiskers In The Ear small animal rescue often has animals seeking forever homes.http://www.whiskersintheear.bravehost.com

Owned By The Fuzzy Hoards
Sweet dreams to all those at the bridge, Mummy loves you all

Tofu Monkey

Post by Tofu Monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm

This thread is amazing! :lol:

I'm so glad I can use my veganism as an excuse not to try any of my rat's food.
The only things they eat that I'd ever try is pumpkin seeds, corn on the cob, alpro soya yoghurt and monkey nuts. Bit of a cop out really :lol:

And a big Urgh! for those that have tried wet cat and dog food. I cannot think of anything worse!

I did once try a hamster yoggie when I was little and all I remember it tasting like was a small, hard piece of vomit :lol:
My beautiful family: Robot Timberwolf, Vegan Straightedge, Bree Van Der Rat, Wasabi Ninja, Mouse Kateer Mcstare, Charlie Peaceful, Courfeyrac Karimloo, Cleveland Chaos, Ixnay Dafoe, Shenzi Kiumbe.
R.I.P my angels :halo: Tofu Monkey, Zombie Apocalypse

Razcox

Post by Razcox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 pm

My rat rations order arrived today (wanted the seed mix so decided to buy everything i needed to save on postage, it was like christmas at my house today!) so of course some of the ingridents had to be opened to see what they were like, have to say the smell of a lot of it was amazing!

The dogs were very impressed as well and seemed to really enjoy the burns dog food, though that may have been because they knew it was really for them and they didnt view as 'dog food'.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie, Pip, Noodle and the rat formally known as Charlotte.

mupsy

Post by mupsy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Razcox wrote:My rat rations order arrived today (wanted the seed mix so decided to buy everything i needed to save on postage, it was like christmas at my house today!) so of course some of the ingridents had to be opened to see what they were like, have to say the smell of a lot of it was amazing!

The dogs were very impressed as well and seemed to really enjoy the burns dog food, though that may have been because they knew it was really for them and they didnt view as 'dog food'.

We need ratings!
Ive got my hands on some reggie rat to try :D
Essex Guinea Pig Rat and Rabbit Rescue.
Based in essex, aiming to rehabilitate and rehome all small furries in need.

Fennic

Post by Fennic » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Loving this thread, you lot have some "squishy torpedoes" to do it imo. My OH has tried bits from the ratfood before. He also loves the banana chips :lol:
Rat lovin' since 2005. <3

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 pm

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GROSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was mixing up Esk's daily spa tone and nutrical. Slightly runnier mix today and totally unconsciously when I was done mixing it up I stuck my finger in my mough.

Actually disgusting. What shall I try rinsing my mouth out with next?! :sickrat: :sickrat: :sickrat: :sickrat:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on