Agnus castus berries

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
rattypetrolhead

Agnus castus berries

Post by rattypetrolhead » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm

I've just bought some from RR for my mentalist rat-eater Thirteen - she's been spayed but still shows (quite dramatic) signs of aggression towards other rats and also has 'mini-heats' (I think the vet may have missed something... :-? )... Thought I'd give these a whirl before trying a standardised extract - but how do I use them in her diet? Suggestions very much appreciated as she's a fussy eater too (wonky in everyway, she really is :roll: ).

Ta muchly x
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rattypetrolhead

Re: Agnus castus berries

Post by rattypetrolhead » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 am

Bump :(
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dinky

Post by Dinky » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

We used to mix the berries in with their wet food.
However, we got the tincture as we could not control the quantity as much and did not really know how much to give.
Lisa is owned by Harry, Travis and Spencer
:rainbow: Little Husk, Ninja-man; Kes, beautiful blue; Alfie; Big boy Rex; Fussy boy; Wilson - always with me

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 am

Ta! :D I have to give her wet food regularly as she's anti-Dr Squiggles - so I might start with a couple each time and see what happens. It's worth a try at least!

Now I've moved her upstairs away from the other rats she's much better, more relaxed etc. Last night she even settled down under my pillow watching tv in bed! :love: It might be that we don't have to bother trying to 'enhance her calm' if she's happier without rats nearby... we shall see :luck: