what was the strangest thing you`ve found your rat eating?

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
mupsy

Re: what was the strangest thing you`ve found your rat eating?

Post by mupsy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 am

I've found a ermm :oops: certain type of err.. lady toy with ritty nibbles out of it :oops: :oops:

Needless to say it was promptly sent away to the disposal fairy!

I blame O.C !!

:o
Essex Guinea Pig Rat and Rabbit Rescue.
Based in essex, aiming to rehabilitate and rehome all small furries in need.

ShinyRainbow

Post by ShinyRainbow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 am

mupsy wrote:I've found a ermm :oops: certain type of err.. lady toy with ritty nibbles out of it :oops: :oops:

I blame O.C !!

:o
Haha, that's got me giggling! :lol:

I'm sure you've eaten stranger things mupsy, looking at your taste test thread :sickrat:
~*~ :girly: Maya ~*~ :girly: Pearl ~*~ :dumbogirly: Blossom ~*~ :girly: Clover ~*~

~*~ :rainbow: Brothers reunited at the bridge - Dexter & Casey :hearts: ~*~

Betterstar

Post by Betterstar » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

Our lot love crayons. Not really strange, I can see the appeal! It did take us a good while to work out why Krindle had purple poo at the time though.. then we found his crayon stash. :roll:
Sian & Boojum, Minnow, Poot, Esme, Oak, Burdock, Ptarmigan, Blunder and Jacques.
Missing Hugo, Krindle, Dandelion, Baron, Winder, Snark, Snapcase, Snufkin, Twirl, Somer, Musket, Hodgkins, Urs.

Jemma

Post by Jemma » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:54 am

Before i start on the list i want to qualitfy it with at the time I was a teenage girl and as my girl Sparky was a lone rat she had pretty much constant free ranging when i was in the house with her. Full acces to my room full of all the kinds of things teenage girls have, well actually it also ahd forumula one posters and such which is mildy less teenage girly lol. Anyway this list is all stuff that one rat ate in her reign of terror;

Candle wax, especially soaked on wicks
Soap (tangerine body shop was her fave)
rubbers
Pencil crayons (the green resulted in some significant worry for me)
wax crayons
oil pastels (the chalk pastels were not touched!)
Entire boxes of tissues
a good portion of my homework (some of it intentional as i could bring in the remains as proof)
pencil sharpeners (thankfully she stopped before she got to the blade)
Bath Pearls (the most amusing reaction ever, she attacked them then frantically wiped her mouth, then had another go and so on)
acrylic paints (she licked it right off my easel, i ahd to chase her around the room before washing her mouth out, later found out it was child safe but honestly paniked)
computer wires (many - thankfully i was enough of a tom boy to be able to fix them myself)
a bean bag
my formula one posters
my prized ferrari cap
my ferrari flag (she was nearly an ex rat over that one, even if it was my fault)
my duvet cover
felt tips
chewing gum (i got most of it off her but not before she'd groomed the rest into her fur, that was fun)
assorted boiled sweets covered in fluff (i found a stash behind my tv)
several cuddly toys, but only there ears and eyes, the rest was apparently inedible
Ink cartridges
Pencils
my pencil case

erm I'm sure there are more, oddly despite her interesting and varied diet she remains the longest lived of all my rats. Maybe bath pearls etc are the secret to ratty eternal life.
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

NickyE

Post by NickyE » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am

mupsy wrote:I've found a ermm :oops: certain type of err.. lady toy with ritty nibbles out of it :oops: :oops:

I had one chewed by a wild mouse our cat Boris (now RIP) brought in alive and let go. He used to do that a lot.
Cats Steffi Mac
<3 Shadow Noodles Ripley Halle Tia Kembali Tempest River Riley Finn Huxley Lucian
@Bridge cats BorisBillieMo :rainbow: PerdyMittsMrPobZemmiMannyAimeeFlossLucyLiuFargoRiddickMegan MelodyMonkeyImogenBrennaDannyNewtTurkMurphy Miss U :cry:

Beeratz

Post by Beeratz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 am

My boys ate one of my best bras!! They pulled the gel insert thingy out and were trying to eat that but luckily I caught them in time. That bra cost me £25 as well haha cheeky boys!! U gotta love em.
My boys Atlas, Orion, Hermes, Typhon, Chaos, Helios
My bridge boys Zeus, Achilles, Apollo, Morpheus xxx sleep well babies xxx

CatherineP

Post by CatherineP » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm

My lovely expensive brand new sofa.....

Used tissues......
Catherine

Proudly owned by Marmite, BabyBear, Hamish, Haggis, Jeemy, Bramble, Roly and Willow but missing Ozzy, Lemmy, Yoshi, Jelly, Chutney, Honey, Daisy, Peanut Butter, Cocopops, Murphy and Pickle always x

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Juno - skirting boards, paper

Clover - spiders, but only the juicy end :sickrat:

Twinny - paracetamol :o cue panic from me, absolute annoyance from her that I'd taken something so tasty off her (she was fine, but I did have to ring the vets to find out...)

Grace - various cardigans and t shirts (also, human faces :wink: and ow!)

All of my rats - correx trays and mdf playpen... :angry:
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mcfluff

Post by Mcfluff » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Jeera (RIP) ate a live woodlouse once - the poor thing was innocently walking across the floor when it got nommed.

Amber (RIP) used to eat the hard dead skin off my feet. Apologies to anyone who finds this a bit :sickrat: . I recently saw a poster advertising spa treatments where fish give you a pedicure, so perhaps a rat pedicure isn't really that bad after all. She was very gentle, and made a very neat job of it :lol:
Jacqui, Mum to Bella, Phoebe and Mr "Fred" Croup
and sadly missing Jeera, Dhana, Kizzy, Tasha, Nico, Amber, Saffy, Opal, Ruby, Trinny and Ziggy

izzerie

Post by izzerie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:15 pm

CatherineP wrote:My lovely expensive brand new sofa.....
Same here! My gorgeous bright blue expensive Ikea sofa now has permanent ratty marks :roll:

ALL MY CLOTHES! Literally, I do not own a single piece of clothing that doesn't have at least one ratty hole!
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

Tofu Monkey

Post by Tofu Monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:24 pm

lauren23 wrote:tampons (clean, obviously)... an entire box, destroyed

Oh my goodness, yes! My little girl Zombie (R.I.P) used to love tampons! Despite not having a smell, she'd sometimes spend hours trying to break into the side pocket of my bag to get them out! She seemed to have a sixth sense about them :lol:
My beautiful family: Robot Timberwolf, Vegan Straightedge, Bree Van Der Rat, Wasabi Ninja, Mouse Kateer Mcstare, Charlie Peaceful, Courfeyrac Karimloo, Cleveland Chaos, Ixnay Dafoe, Shenzi Kiumbe.
R.I.P my angels :halo: Tofu Monkey, Zombie Apocalypse

Hanlou

Post by Hanlou » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Acrylic paints. Some lovely multi-coloured poos that day! :lol:

Found a red one first which frightened me to death but then I found green, yellow and blue ones..... which obviously weren't caused by internal injury! :roll:

This was my first pair of rats and I'd forgotten the paints were even there - stuffed underneath a bookcase somewhere - but they found them!! Toastie loved to steal my knickers and socks too. :lol:
Love Han and the (( Lilliput Three - Nisha, Lila and Koko )) :girly:
:rainbow: Goodbye Mollie, Blossom, Flora, Fudge, Rolo, Bailey, Tia, Honey, Poppy and Daisy xx

Abelia

Post by Abelia » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Half of one of my curtains overnight! :lol: My mum was not impressed.... :roll:

My mum's filofax and the corners of my photo album with my old ratty pictures in it :D
Alyssa :D Mum to:
Merlin and Pixel :dumbo: Jelly and Pocky :smileyrat: Basil, Beanie, Marvin and Nemo :dumbo:
Always in my heart R.I.P: :hearts: Reggie, George, Homer, Bart and Brave Bilbo :dumbohalo: :love:

majeekarevel

Post by majeekarevel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I keep remembering things as I'm reading down everyones lists :lol:

Sponge, earphones, rubber bouncy ball (Muppets one, was going to kill her) foam ball, Lucas Papaw Ointment tube and some of the contents, couch.

Maisy ate one of the syringes that I've had from the vet.

One day I was getting Majeeka and Revel ready to go to the vets and They smelled devine (fruity) didn't think anything of it. Got to the vets, went into the consulting room, opened the carrier the vet reached in for one of the girls and pulled out . . . lip salve.

There is probably more but can't think just now.
Out of my mind . . . . . . . back in 5 minutes!!

Goodbye for now my angel Revel, love you lots and lots :hearts: :dumbohalo: :dumborainbow:

Jimi+Milo

Post by Jimi+Milo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 pm

My best friend always has a big bag, full of "forbidden" things, which of course means its the most exciting thing in the whole wide world :roll: . So far things I've caught them eating so far... chewing gum, cigarettes, hand cream and a £20 note :o . They're also quite partial to the kevlar we have covering some wires, with no success though :) .
Hannah
Mummy to 2 boys Cheech and Chino :hearts:
Missing my sleeping little angel Milo and big squishy Jimi :hearts: