Fussy eaters!

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
annc

Fussy eaters!

Post by annc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm

I still have problems persuading my 11-week kittens to try new things, but they are gaining weight and look healthy.

Last week I succumbed to the looks of two petshop girls - now 8 weeks. They eat their RR mix, and kale, but it is so hard to get them to eat anything new. The couscous and chicken breast given last night was still there this morning. Biscuit or yoggie treats are frightening! Both pairs consider EMP inedible, but both like porridge. It is so sad to see these two so scared of treats etc. (and hammocks!)

I have some banana cereal mix which I'll try with them later.
Ann Clifton
Rattie mum to Batgirl,Wingnut,Ratarilda,Easter,Smeeze,Squeakles,Dika,Star,Autumn,Winter,Tinsel, Christmas,Rattifer Ratalie,Badger,Ermine,Belle,Steele,Lightning & Lumiere
Hamster - Chip - Numerous hamsters and ratties at the bridge.

MissBlackEyeliner

Re: Fussy eaters!

Post by MissBlackEyeliner » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 pm

I always find this with little ones, my newest lot are getting on to 12 weeks now and only eat particular things, and it took them ages to eat yoggies (about 3 weeks). My other fella, Dylan, when i first got him he didnt eat any of the veg or chicken etc I give them, but he loves them all now.

I just think it takes them time to decide that they like it.

Also I've had my other babies since they were 7 weeks old and they took until last week to start sleeping in hammocks, i guess they need to know they are safe after a while of watching the others jumping in them lol

xxx
From Erin
Polo, George, Dylan, Mini, Teddy and Stanley <3 xxx

Play hard on the bridge Brian (02/12/09), Bob (20/01/10), Spoon (13/04/11) and Jacob (28/05/11) xxx