Bellas Resp Issues & Bulking up query.

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
pinkfearie

Bellas Resp Issues & Bulking up query.

Post by pinkfearie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:38 pm

I need to say my vets rocks! Bella has had a resp issue for a while, we went to the vets after I realised it wasnt bedding related, or anything else. No she wasnt suffering I promise. And my lovely vet listened to her lungs and he couldnt even hear her heartbeat. She weighed 230 grams, so he put her on 10 days of 0.1 Baytril. We've been back today (with Ian too for showing how his nads have healed lovely) and this time the vet could hear her heartbeat :D
So we have 7 days of Septrin and then I will ring up for another appointment/update. Shes also gained 10 grams in the time too.
Now what I would like to ask of you as I forgot to ask my awesome vet, is can I use Build Up with soya milk to help Bella bulk up?
We do feed live mealworms but I wont be getting any for a week or so now, shes had haslet, pizza crust, boiled egg, chocolate pudding etc. Obviously careful meted out amounts. But now I want to really get her weight up and healthily also I would like to know if Build Up could potentially cause health issues? Also things like baby food in jars?

*fingers crossed I got the right section*

charlie4591

Re: Bellas Resp Issues & Bulking up query.

Post by charlie4591 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 am

baby food mixed with cooked pasta goes down well here. cooked carbs are good for bulking up. mine like couscous with veg and you can always sneak some oils and supplements in these kinds of meals too :)
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love:

pinkfearie

Post by pinkfearie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 pm

a_wee_one
Location: From Scunthorpe, now living in Rawcliffe, near Goole

Post by a_wee_one » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Porridge made with soya milk and a drop or two of honey willl go down a storm! Has to be ready brek for my lot they turn their noses up at real porridge or cheaper versions
Chubbo, Bill, Ted, Bo Diddly, Bo Derek, Brain, Daisy, Ruby, Rusty, Cthulhu, Dagon, Winston, Adrian, Lionel , N'yarlothep, Dotty, Ermintrude, Twiglet, Boo

RIP William, Orinoco, Wellington, Minni, Mabel, Ivy, Maude, Doris, Rico Suavé, Runty Rocky, Pinky