dr squiggles daily essentials and dailyrat 3 (give both?)

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
charlie4591

dr squiggles daily essentials and dailyrat 3 (give both?)

Post by charlie4591 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:48 am

i currently give dr squiggles a few times a week, i was thinking about giving dailyrat 3 instead of calvicet as calcium. is it ok to gove dailyrat 3 on wet food a few times a week if i have squiggles in the water? i was worried about overdosing them since dailyrat and squiggles both have copper. Thanks ;)
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love:

Jemma

Re: dr squiggles daily essentials and dailyrat 3 (give both?)

Post by Jemma » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 am

Yes it's fine to give both (they have an overlap on copper and vitamin d, both of which should be a bit of overdosing on), however depending on how old your rats are they may be a bit short of calcium still as they'll only be getting there daily allowance on 3 days out of a week. You could up the amount you give possibly, or maybe look at some other options like offering bones regularly.
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

charlie4591

Re: dr squiggles daily essentials and dailyrat 3 (give both?)

Post by charlie4591 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 am

Thanks Jemma :D
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love: