What my rats ate today.....

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
Snippet

Re: What my rats ate today.....

Post by Snippet » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Tonight, my girls will be getting some phesant breast bones with a bit of meat attached.
Cara,
Owned by Willow, Fern and Nix
Missing Snippet and Frost

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:13 am

My lot got a bit of a pig out last night - they had banana, roasted aubergine, and a bit of egg fried rice (homemade, so no salt or additional fat). It all disappeared quite quickly :o
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lauren23

Post by lauren23 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 am

Zita stole an entire rich tea biscuit and ran to the least accessible place for me to remove it from her naughty paws. Disappeared quickly, she wouldn't dare try and hoard something that special :roll:

M355Y

Post by M355Y » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

Daily small bit of a rich tea biscuit
Few times a week...cucumber, pepper, carrot, snap peas :)
Last night plain cous cous
The night before scrambled egg
When we have chicken on the bone (not often) they get a few bones

Plus their mixed diet everyday food :)

They are lucky little blighters when it comes to food but only little and often rather than constantly giving them different stuff. They get more fresh than anything else.

Ah love my little girls :hearts:
Present: Spot, Star, Midnight & Ice
Past: Baa & Moo

daffee

Post by daffee » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Sprouted seeds mix and runner beans
Midget Bambi Thai Indy Jasmine Olive Roland Lily China Jay Daisy Balthazar Matilda Monty Bob Milo Bartleby Bella Lucy Rosie Loki Towser Beamish Guinness Fudge Bailey Murphy Fleur Milly Maus Sheri Hari Sandy Fez

izzerie

Post by izzerie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Today my boys have been spoilt! We gave them scrambled eggs for breakfast and this evening they've had a bit of plain rice and some bread with olive oil which they love!
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

jennifer-rat

Post by jennifer-rat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:26 am

A large strawberry to share, and a small portion of couscous with flax seed and salmon oils :)
Jen, plus:
:dumbo: Puck, Pitri and Diesel
Remembered forever: Norman, Nesbitt, Scamp, Stuart, Jasper and Carrot.

charlie4591

Post by charlie4591 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 pm

for lunch today they have had a salad of beansprouts, curly kale and red grapes :).
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love:

sjmax

Post by sjmax » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Yesterday mine had half a wheatabix and some muesli with water, milk and a bit of cod liver oil. Today they got some egg fried rice, with baby sweetcorn, peas and crab stick, minus the soy sauce. Baby also gets some banana or other little extra protein source, maybe a dog treat.
They also get a treat ems each, which they absolutely cannot get enough of and they supposedly help with odour control so all round good treat lol! :D

They also have a bowl of their rat rations complete mix.

I was just wondered if people give their rats whole eggs, and can they eat the shells/is there any benefit to them eating the shell?

Also where do i get seaweed to sprinckle over their food and can you use human garlic granules to spinkle on their food?
Steph
:hearts: :girly: Betsy :dumbogirly: Nippa :baby: Smudge

jennifer-rat

Post by jennifer-rat » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:03 pm

You can give rats whole hard boiled eggs, mine absolutely love them but get them rarely as a treat because they're high protein but obviously good for babies. I leave the egg completely intact in the shell as it gives them a challenge - they eat a small amount of the shell and it is good for calcium intake but 90% of the shell tends to be discarded.

You can get seaweed powder and sheets at ratrations, and also garlic powder/granules. :D
Jen, plus:
:dumbo: Puck, Pitri and Diesel
Remembered forever: Norman, Nesbitt, Scamp, Stuart, Jasper and Carrot.

sjmax

Post by sjmax » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Will definately have to try this thanks! :D I bet its great fun watching them get into to it!

Tonight mine had some mash, with a bit of cod liver oil and a couple of splashes of vitamins, plus a vege kebab of avacado, cucumber, baby sweetcorn.
Steph

charlie4591

Post by charlie4591 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:16 pm

for lunch today the ratties had the same as me :) couscous made with red peppers, onions, courgette, raisins, garlic, ginger and some fresh prawns thrown in :D
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love:

msmara

Post by msmara » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Yesterday, my boys had their dry mix which is scatter fed, then in the afternoon I gave them some fresh veg which was baby corn, tomatoes & broccoli and a little bit of banana.

Today, they’ve had their dry mix again, but this evening they’ll also be having a little bit of rice with linseed oil, crushed garlic, baby corn, tomato, sweet peppers and kidney beans may give them a boiled egg in the shell too. It’s to make up for the fact I’ll be out volunteering at a cat rescue for 3 or 4 hours, which means they won’t get any free range :-(
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

sjmax

Post by sjmax » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 am

Yesterday may girls had some shreddies and milk for breakfast (same as me) and then for dinner they had rice with some tuna, and low fat feta cheese, and peas plus a little touch of cod liver oil and calcivet. Also had a bowl of salad and their dry mix. I am away for a couple of days so prob spoilt them! :lol:

Can you put the calcivet powder in water bottles or just on wet food? I thought when i bought it it said you could but on the bottle it just says add to food!?
Steph

Rose's Mischief

Post by Rose's Mischief » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:40 am

sjmax wrote: Can you put the calcivet powder in water bottles or just on wet food? I thought when i bought it it said you could but on the bottle it just says add to food!?
Just food I think - 'The powdered version is twice the strength of the liquid form, and can be added to food whereas the liquid solution can be added to food or drinking water' http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_detail ... =249&cat=l
Do they not eat their food with it on or something?
:dumbo:Puck(16m) :dumbo:Hugo(13m) :dumbo:Troy(14m)
RIP Franco, Gareth, Fantoosh, Stuart, Mr Quin, Chestnut, Mincemeat, Jonah, Barnaby, and Harvey :dumbohalo:
Rats aren't for everyone ... they're very picky.