What my rats ate today.....

Discuss what your rats eat. From general diet, food brands, eating problems and treat foods.
Snippet

Re: What my rats ate today.....

Post by Snippet » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:29 am

The girls will be getting dandelions today as our garden is over run with them at the moment!
Cara,
Owned by Willow, Fern and Nix
Missing Snippet and Frost

lamb

Post by lamb » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:31 am

I decided that it was everyones Birthday today so we have has a tea party. I made mini heart shaped scones and topped them off with strawberry jam. I have never seen anything so cute. Rats running in all directions with scones in their mouths followed by strawbery foot prints :hearts:

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Have been using the excuse of rat sitting for hlcasey to spoil all 28 :o rats that are in my living room :D So today they have had blueberries, avocado, banana and rice all mashed together as a bit of a disgusting looking treat, plus normal shunamite... it's helped cheer Sheena up after the vet and I pinned her down to scrape out her abscess :sickrat: Poor Sheena, it's a doozy of an abscess :-? but she did try and dive in the food bowl, so it must have been tasty :lol: (ETA: the food, not the abscess :rollred: )
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ShinyRainbow

Post by ShinyRainbow » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm

cous cous with shredded carrot, peas and flavoured with a little stock cube :) nom!
~*~ :girly: Maya ~*~ :girly: Pearl ~*~ :dumbogirly: Blossom ~*~ :girly: Clover ~*~

~*~ :rainbow: Brothers reunited at the bridge - Dexter & Casey :hearts: ~*~

Snippet

Post by Snippet » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:48 am

Tonight my girls will be having a fish tail between them. Mum got a couple of whole salmon today, and so we didn't waste as much the ratties will have a tail tonight, and the other one is in the freezer for the next time they get a special treat.

Last night they got broccoli and spinich.
Cara,

ErnieG!

Post by ErnieG! » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 am

I might get some dandelions for my lot today with all the recent threads about them ;)
Emma and the rodents, Meryl, Esmeralda and the 3 unnamed girls.
Kuzco, waiting for some friends.

Waiting for me at the bridge Jasmine, Francesca, Francis and Ebony :rainbow:

rudyrat

Post by rudyrat » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Today my lot so far have had their mix obviously, a dog treat each, colliflower leaves, a bit of yogurt, bread crust, pasta, a bit of cheese and a strawberry each :lol:
Rowan, Scabbers, Daisy & Snookie :love:

Jird

Post by Jird » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Mine had some boiled rice and quinoa mixed with tinned lentils, soya beans and chickpeas, a dollop of sweet potato and chicken baby food, some grated carrot, and a bit of cod liver oil and spirulina powder. Now I have orange rats :lol:
Emily and the boys - Jamie, Bailey, Finn and Tumnus
Love you Bond, Liam, George, Blaze. See you at the bridge little guys.

Brix

Post by Brix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Yesterday my sweeties had their dry food (Burgess Suparat Rat Royale) and little bit of cat kibble to mix with is as a treat. Also they got a hand full of dandelion leaves in their salad ball. So they had fun pulling those leaves from the hanging ball.

Today when I free ranged them on their table, I mixed a plate for them (plastic flowerpot plate). It had nori from my sushi making pack, dill, little bit of sour creme, a tiny portion of cat meal (whiskas duo- what my cat had today), little olive oil, Echinacea syrup for better health, oat flakes, white bread crumbs, and on top I sprinkled garlic powder and powder pollen.

It wasn't a very healthy meal, but my rats had pleny of fun. They only get something like that once in a while.... :love: I should bring them more dandelion leaves from out side, while they are still young and our gardener hasn't mowed them.
Ussike(blue), Notsu(Champagne), Jänku(agouti berkshire)! My girlies :D
RIP Nähk(Cecilia)(black dumbo fuzz carrier), Panda(black? husky), Tibu (black capped), Mõmmi(black berkshire), Suslik(black hooded), :'(

sjmax

Post by sjmax » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Just gave mine their first whole egg (shell and all), they loved it! :D
Steph
:hearts: :girly: Betsy :dumbogirly: Nippa :baby: Smudge

rudyrat

Post by rudyrat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:02 pm

sjmax wrote:Just gave mine their first whole egg (shell and all), they loved it! :D
i love giving mine eggs, so fun to watch them eat it too! :)

Mine today have had a bit of a pastry each, a bit of cucumber each, a scotch egg shared between the 4 of them. They also had a treat each :)

rudyrat

Post by rudyrat » Mon May 02, 2011 11:11 am

Yesterday they had their mix of course, corn on the cob, cabbage and peas. Today they will be having a bit of yogurt, a biscuit, cucumber, a bit of cerial and a treat each (along with their mix).

Snippet

Post by Snippet » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Today they'll be having eggy rice with peas and tomatos.
Cara,

Tootz

Post by Tootz » Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 am

Wow, this thread has given me lots of new ideas!

Yesterday my 3 girls (2 are 6 months old and the other is 2.5) had weetabix for breakfast, and some chopped pear and grapes for dinner, along with their standard dry mix food.

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Last night's gourmet meal consisted of roasted butternut squash with garlic, and a side of wilted spinach drizzled in olive oil... messy, but happy rats were the result!
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx