Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio Airline Approved Carrier

Permanent accomodation, holiday cages, hospital cages, carriers.
Rhi01

Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio Airline Approved Carrier

Post by Rhi01 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Size: 51cm (20'') L x 33cm (13'') W x 35cm (13.75'') H
Weight of carrier: 4.21kg
Max weight: 11.3kg

Features include:
- Slide out food and water bowl which can accessed externally which helps stop rats escaping.
- Clear view front door so that the owner can see the rats, makes it a good kitten carrier as there arn't any possible escape holes, probably makes the rats feel more secure and helps exclude draughts.
- Top opens allowing easier access.
- Single-hand locking mechanism on front door which makes it easier to open/close.
- Good ventilation as there are vents around the top.
- Surface heat dissipator which helps prevent heat build up in the Summer.
- Integrated Molded Handle which provides increased stability.
- Molded base which helps collect fluid in a type of gutter running along the edges.
- Designed to be secured whilst in the car with a seatbelt.
- Has holes for padlocks for extra security.
- Lots of space for rats and can double as an emergency overnight cage or a hospital cage.
- Shoulder strap for easier carrying.

I really like this carrier. I think it could make an excellent kitten carrier as there's no need to worry about gaps, I like the fact that its enclosed and that it has a pull out tray for food if your going on long journeys (which can also be excluded althogether if wanted). The only downside is that its a bit heavy but I think for something so sturdy and well made its a small price to pay. I give this carrier: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

Jird

Re: Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio Airline Approved Carrier

Post by Jird » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 pm

I bought this carrier the other day, and am fairly pleased with it.

The pros are:
- the dishes are convenient for long journeys when the rats will need access to food and watery veg
- very big, so ideal for taking multiple rats on long journeys
- easy to hang a decent sized hammock inside (the fuzzbutts cage condos fit nicely!)
- good visibility for checking on the rats mid-journey
- nice and enclosed so the rats should feel secure and cosy
- good access
- suitable for kittens as there are no wide bars
- would make a good hospital cage
- it comes in PINK!

The cons are:
- too heavy and huge to be convenient for taking rats on short trips using public transport
- the top opening flappy bits are a bit fiddly
- while the individual parts are very solid, it does feel a bit flimsy when assembled
- the pink version looks like a Barbie caravan. I'm not sure how comfortable my OH will be carrying it around in public :lol:

This carrier will be great for longer journeys and as a hospital cage, but I won't be using it for regular short trips to the vets unless I need to take a large group of rats that includes kittens small enough to escape out the bars of my Atlas cat carrier. It's just too bulky and heavy, I need something smaller and lighter for vet trips because my vets are a reasonable walk and bus journey away. If I had a car it'd be good for vet trips though.
Emily and the boys - Jamie, Bailey, Finn and Tumnus
Love you Bond, Liam, George, Blaze. See you at the bridge little guys.

emma10

Re: Hagen Pet Cargo Cabrio Airline Approved Carrier

Post by emma10 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:24 pm

i've had mine for about 2 months now. So far so good!

Pros:
Big enough to use for an overnight stay, a hospital cage and for intros! Dento lived in it for a few days before we got a spare cage.

Food bit, although you can't get a bottle attached easily you can put food in and have a separate part for water.

Cons:

Very heavy. I think its fine for busses and trains as long as you dont have a long walk to get there!

Because there is no bottle facility, its hard to keep them hydrated on the move without it spilling. I just give them melon or something now.

Although i do love my sickly girly pink carrier im goin to get a small cheap one for quick vet visits. But on the whole, as someone who travels home from uni alot, its great for the odd overnight stay :)
Mummy to Billy, Maxi and Bilo <3

Goodbye Dento, hope you find a forever home my squidgey<3