The Paw Print Carrier (by Pet Brands)

Permanent accomodation, holiday cages, hospital cages, carriers.
Rhi01

The Paw Print Carrier (by Pet Brands)

Post by Rhi01 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 pm

The Paw Print Carrier

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/RhiannonSimms/carrier.jpg

Size: 31cm x 21cm x 23cm

I prefer this carrier to my cat carrier for taking my rat who has Myco back and forth to the vet as the enclosedness of it stops wind and keeps her warmer. The top of the carrier is transparent plastic and acts as the door. It has two handles for easy carrying and plenty of ventilation holes in it.

Rating: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: As with kitten who are more energetic I think there is the risk of caught feet/tails in the door so you have to be extra careful.

InsomniaticDND

Re: The Paw Print Carrier

Post by InsomniaticDND » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:39 am

This carrier didn't last long with me. I prefer cat ones as you can attach a water bottle or food bowl easily and add hidey boxes and such. I found this a dangerous carrier doe to incidents of nearly toe or tail nipping.
This is my rating :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Melanie & Axel (Greyhound)

Gone but never forgotten: :rainbow: Hollie, Piper, Prue, Phoebe, Paige, Pippin, Avana, Frodo, Luna & Bilbo

Currently on a rat-break :(

touie2

Post by touie2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 am

I use one of these if I only need to take one or 2 rats on a short journey! I have struggled to keep paws in while I try and shut the lid :o On longer journeys i prefer a cat carrier as a waterbotttle can be attached and it gives them a bit more room.

I give it :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Louis :oldbuck: Apollo :olddumbobuck: Zeus :oldbuck:
:rainbow: Polo, Rolo, Rocky, Rambo, Remy, Scrumpy, Hiro, Res, Stig, Ando

Gingernut

Post by Gingernut » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I have a similar carrier, and yes, it is only used for 1 or 2 ratties going to the vets, and for the very short trip from my lounge to the kitchen for free range. :)

I have modified it to accommodate a small water bottle for vet trips by drilling more of a gap at the bottom of a vent to slip the spout of the bottle through, then wired it across the top of the vents. It is too small for much else, like showing for instance, or longer journeys.

I give it :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Lindy :dumbogirly: Ellie, Peace :girly:Skye, Carys, Cordi (Cordelia), Celeste, Sugar, Faray. :sleepy: John McClane, Carter, Clyde, Bellamy.
:rainbow: Hobnob, Gingernut, Cookie, Muffin, Mai Tai, Coffee, Drift, Steven.

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Fri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I have several pawprint carriers and find them invaluable for trips to the vets, transporting within the house, giving medicine in, and lots of other occasions. (However, they are not my only carriers, I also have a couple of large cat carriers.)

I like the security that the solid bottom half gives them, and the interaction that the clear top half allows. A bottle can be inserted in the middle of the top if needed, but I usually put a 'solid drink' in for them like cucumber or apple.

I think the risk of trapping toes/tails applies to all carriers and cage doors - I simply train my rats by saying "toeses and noses" whenever I'm shutting something and they know not to try coming out.

My rating is :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)

Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Midnight Rose » Fri May 01, 2009 4:08 pm

I love these carriers, my review would be much the same as Cyber Rattys', except I say 'toes and tails' when shutting doors! :lol:

They are much much better than the other small carrier makes out there.

I give it five rats :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

North of England Rat Society - Pet Initiative

MarieM

Post by MarieM » Sat May 23, 2009 7:30 pm

I like this secure carrier for keeping the rats safe on short journeys and when cleaning out their large cage. You do have to be extra careful when closing the lid though. I like the toeses and noses tip, thanks CR. :D

:smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
:girly: BonnieSusieRosieMindyCleo
:rainbow: SilvaCocoSumaPoppyDaisyTara :hearts: :girly:
http://www.thenaturalrat.co.uk
Holistic Health Care For Rats

Tigoness

Post by Tigoness » Sun May 24, 2009 10:25 am

Wonderful carrier.
I have the large and the small version.

The small was great to transport my 3 when they were very small, now they fit in the larger one perfectly, and have traveled for around 6 hours at a time in comfort.

Fits perfectly in a hold-all for extra ease of carrying, warmth for the rats, and greater feeling of security for both rat and fellow train and bus passengers. :P
I have taken 5 rats in the laregr carrier a couple of times. Though 3 of the girls were small at the time, and all 5 were very closely bonded and slept most of the journey.

Great to use on cage cleanout days, though I tend to use a small mouse cage (slightly larger than the carrier) to put them in so they can watch.

Rating - FIVE rats!

:smileyrat: :smileyrat: :halo: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
"No, no, no. Is a special kind of hamster. Is filigree Siberian hamster."

Caretaker to Diamond, Topaz, Sapphire, Moonstone, and Jet.

Gingernut

Post by Gingernut » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 pm

I have recently discovered another very good use for this type of carrier. I've had to give steam inhalations for a very snuffly rat, and this was perfect for the job next to the bowl with olbas oil, and both covered with a tea-towel. I'm aware that some people don't think this helps much, but all I can say is that it seemed to in this rat's case, and I did it on the advice of a vet I trust. :D

My rating must move up to :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Lindy :dumbogirly: Ellie, Peace :girly:Skye, Carys, Cordi (Cordelia), Celeste, Sugar, Faray. :sleepy: John McClane, Carter, Clyde, Bellamy.
:rainbow: Hobnob, Gingernut, Cookie, Muffin, Mai Tai, Coffee, Drift, Steven.

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

This was the first specific small animal carrier I bought (prior to that I had made my own out of plastic/ mesh), and it was a complete disaster. Mainly because after only a couple of weeks of use in the house both hinge clips broke.

While not a rat-specific point, due to economics (which are very important when buying equipment!) if I'm looking to buy a carrier that size I would like it to be appropriate for other smaller pets too. You can stick a water bottle sprout through the top for rats, but this is too high for hamsters and mice. Normally I also give 'water' via wet fruit/ veggies, but I often also attach water bottles depending on mode of travel etc.

My main point against them is the handles. Yes they look nice sitting flush against the carrier when not in use, but the large \/ that your hands must grip around is most uncomfortable, especially with the heavy weight of adult rats.

Since then I have had a few of these carriers on loan (arrived with fosters/ rescues). I will use them as they're handy for shoving a couple of of rats in while you clean the cage etc., but I dislike them. I would not buy one for the points listed as the Ferplast Aladino is very similar (there is a choice of dimensions) yet addresses all the criticisms made.

In my opinion it does what it says on the tin, but that's about it.
:smileyrat:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on