The New Ferplast Furet Plus

Permanent accomodation, holiday cages, hospital cages, carriers.
MarieM

The New Ferplast Furet Plus

Post by MarieM » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I bought this to replace my jenny. It is smaller than the advertised dimensions as it is the new style with slightly smaller dimensions than the original furet plus.
Height 70.5cm
Width 76.5cm
Depth 46.5cm

It is a smart cage and will easily fit on a table or chest of drawers and doesn't take up too much space. The bars are about 1.7cm apart which is fine. It has a large front door and the whole of the top of the cage is also a door and opens up which is good when doing clean outs and putting in accessories.

I have 3 girls in this cage and it just about seems comfortable although less spacious than a tom or jenny. I would recommend it for up to 3 rats maximum.

rating :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
:girly: BonnieSusieRosieMindyCleo
:rainbow: SilvaCocoSumaPoppyDaisyTara :hearts: :girly:
http://www.thenaturalrat.co.uk
Holistic Health Care For Rats

Toms Mum

Re: The New Ferplast Furet Plus

Post by Toms Mum » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Bought the same from P@H last Thursday. Only £79.99. Our last cage was getting unsuitable. Our two lady rats had chewed most things and needed a larger space.
Very pleased with the price, but bought it mainly because I liked the size and the fact that the top opens up entirely...making cleaning and rearranging shelves etc much easier. I liked the coated wire, and the fact that the wires are horizontal so the girls can climb up the sides easily. Also like the fact that you can buy more corner platforms and ladders and make it more suitable for your rats needs. The other good point is the deep plastic bottom..so less chance of the litter being strewn around my sons bedroom. Also love the front door...great size, and the door can then be used as a ramp for the rats to climb out onto the floor when we have them out for free ranging...but they can run back in to their cage if they choose. The whole cage part is clipped onto the bottom with two sturdy clips, so making cleaning very easy.

Pearl eating some left over potato from tea.

Stipes....popping out of her bed..bit of a bedbug is Stripes.

Tom is proud owner to 'Pearl' and 'Stripes'.
Me, as his Mum, is acting like a very chuffed 'grandmother'!!

:girly: Stripes :girly: Pearl

Feliss

Re: The New Ferplast Furet Plus

Post by Feliss » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I've had this cage for over a year and half now. I think I got it for around £100 or something.

Size:
- I had 3 girls in it, but I think that's the maximum that can comfortable live in it.
- It doesn't have a very large footprint and fits on a sideboard or my chest quite comfortably.
- It has a lovely deep base which I now wouldn't loose for anything. The girls can dig around in their finacard and only little bits come out over the top if they really try hehe.

Access:
- I love that the whole of the top opens up. It makes life really easy to get in there.
- The big front door is nice too.

General:
- It came with a couple of shelves and a litter tray and a tube if I remember correctly.
- The bars are coated, this does come off over time when clipping clips etc to it, but it doesn't really notice or cause much bother.
- Although it is flatpack I wouldn't recommend doing it very often. I've only tried to do it once and one of the corner clips broke... I don't really need to flatpack mine though.
- Easy to clean

I really like this cage and give it a :dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo: / 5

I'm only getting rid of mine now because I'll soon have 4 rattys and am moving up to the XL.
:dumbogirly: Keiko // Yami // :girly: Mei // :dumbo: SS
:rainbow: Ratty // Psycho // Buster // Akira // Hoody