Superpet Silent Spinner Wheel

Houses, hammocks, toys, bottles, bowls.
K8 Ratties

Superpet Silent Spinner Wheel

Post by K8 Ratties » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm

The Silent Spinner comes in three different sizes: 4.5", 6.5" and 12" Diameter - However only the 12" is suitable for rats. The Wheel is a nice texture and soft for their feet with nothing for them to get stuck in or hurt but.

Colours: It comes in lots of different colours, from green to blue and red (not in pink yet!)

Cost: Depends where you buy it as the cost can range from £12.99 to £19.99.

The Spinner can work in two ways... 1) The stand works well on it's own unless you have ratties that are likely to knock it over, which means it can be a worry if it falls on them. 2) Remove the stand (by literally pulling the white stand out of the back). Unscrewing the plastic cap on the reverse will display a pertruding plastic circle with four sections cut out. Just pop it onto either vertical bars, horisontal bars and/or both and it'll fix well.

Longevity: The Wheel is very easy to clean as well and i've had mine about 2 years and it still looks brand new!

Personally i found it works better when on strong bars, as the frequent use by my girls actually broke the horisontal bars of my Jenny and it was very loud, but i hardly ever hear it on my Explorer and it fits tight and securely and hasn't damaged the bars!
K8 Ratties
Girls: Hollie, Bree, Lilly, Lavender, Luna, Ivana, Pippa, Heidi & Georgie
Boys: Reggie Rocket, General Jester Squidge, Todd, Kai, Lewis & Murray
"We remain responsible forever for what we have tamed."

vikitiger

Re: Superpet Silent Spinner Wheel

Post by vikitiger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:12 am

My girls love their Spinner - however, one word of caution to add to K8's review, my girls chewed the blue rubber seals off their first one by squeezing behind the wheel and then it wouldn't work after that. If you're going to hang it on cage bars, hang it far enough up that they can't reach up to the fitting on the back of it on their back legs - this should deter them from trying to eat it :roll:
Swiss :rainbow: Dee Dee :rainbow: Violet :rainbow: Coco :rainbow: Peaches :rainbow: Acapulco :rainbow:

Poppyhal

Post by Poppyhal » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:19 pm

My girls love it! I hear it going all night (not so silent as the name suggests!). However, I would advise that every night you check the middle yellow screw. This can come loose very easily and the other day I found the wheel had fallen off and was lying on the cage shelf. Just a word of warning cause I'm sure this could cause an injury :rollred:
:love: Fraggle, Dusty, Pootle, Lennie, Scamp, Biscuit, Pickle, Cinders and Norman-Stanley-Fletcher :love:
Missing you all

furryangels

Post by furryangels » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:14 pm

my girl used to put things in the spinner (nuggets/toys/anything) to make it noisier :roll: when we switched the light on to see what they were up to they would stop and give me this look like "mum,why's it called a silent spinner?" even they didn't manage to break it though,so it does last well!

Rose's Mischief

Post by Rose's Mischief » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Rating: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :dumbo: :dumbo: :smileyrat:

I'm very pleased with this - only my boy Barnaby uses it, but he loves it. It really is silent too - all you hear is cute little ratty feet padding up and down :love:
As well as being an excellent wheel - it is very popular as somewhere to chill/nap/eat ... overall very good value for money, and easy peasy to clean.
:dumbo:Puck(16m) :dumbo:Hugo(13m) :dumbo:Troy(14m)
RIP Franco, Gareth, Fantoosh, Stuart, Mr Quin, Chestnut, Mincemeat, Jonah, Barnaby, and Harvey :dumbohalo:
Rats aren't for everyone ... they're very picky.

Cowgirl in the Sand

Post by Cowgirl in the Sand » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:06 am

:smileyrat: :dumbo: :smileyrat: :dumbo: :love:
My choice of wheels! Easy to take off cage and clean, still looks new after 3 years of use. Fairly quite.
Most important safe for the rats!
I do make sure it is attached securely. No problems with chewing on the plastics and been used by babies and adults, males and females.
Great replacement for the wheels in the USA made Coast Cages, Ritz Condo model.
Have used it a free standing wheel when the rats were running around loose at playtime.

Flo

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:35 pm

I agree with everyone, its a great wheel - I bought a purple one about 3 months ago. My Scouty would be lost without it. Its not so silent in my girls cage (double chinchilla) but we don't mind. Scout also takes food in there to make it louder :roll: The attachment is great :D

Only problem I had was when I first put it I had it too close to one of the cage walls and Bella fell off a shelf and landed on top of the wheel and of course it started spinning and she couldn't get off it - she was trapped between the wheel and the cage wall with her tail stuck poking out the bars and I had to rescue her. I now have it so it have enough room either side so if this happens again she would just slide straight down to the floor.
Owned by Does: Bella, Scout, Puck and Mouse, and bucks: Atticus, Chali and Dill
Rest In Peace my beautiful girls Tonks, Socks, Luna and Chino

Feliss

Post by Feliss » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

Got one the other day. My Hoody was straight in the and I've even seen my fatty Keiko in there too. I can hear them running in it at night, but it's not really a noise to keep me awake, just a sort of shooshing noise. I've got mine attached to the bars and no probs yet. Really pleased with it so we'll see how it lasts.

:dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo: :smileyrat:
:dumbogirly: Keiko // Yami // :girly: Mei // :dumbo: SS
:rainbow: Ratty // Psycho // Buster // Akira // Hoody

MarieM

Post by MarieM » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Got one of these recently and only one of my girls seems to like it. However, it does have a sort of vibrating warble which I'm not keen on when in use. I ended up with keeping it on the stand whilst also being attached to the cage bars for extra support. Not sure if it's the best wheel out there but it does the job ie gives some extra exercise.
:girly: BonnieSusieRosieMindyCleo
:rainbow: SilvaCocoSumaPoppyDaisyTara :hearts: :girly:
http://www.thenaturalrat.co.uk
Holistic Health Care For Rats