Bedding - Finacard

Substrate, bedding, food.
Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Bedding - Finacard

Post by Cyber Ratty » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Finacard - shredded cardboard bedding. Available from http://www.finacard.co.uk

Having used cardboard squares for some time, I've found the shredded finacard to be a significant improvement. It contains smell well, and keeps the cage floor suface cleaner than the squares did. There are larger pieces of card mixed in, which the rats enjoy carrying around, and the soft shredded pieces hold together well for nest structures and are good for tunnelling through. A bale is quite large, and will last a single cage for several months.

My rating:
:smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)

PrideRavyn
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Bedding - Finacard

Post by PrideRavyn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 pm

I also use Finacard and it's excellent for my needs. The bales are highly compacted and when fluffed up covers a much wider area than simply looking at a bale would suggest. I have used ecopetbed and aubiose before and finacard beats them both for me in terms of smell absorbency, liquid absorbency, shape, size and softness, and compares well cost wise. I have been using Finacard for some time and have no reason to think this will change in the future! The company also provides other products such as paper pellets for litter trays and paper wool bedding for nesting, both of which are also excellent products.

My rating is also :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: !!
Ali and the Rodden Breck!
Brecklagh Rattery - Breeding for Variegated and related markings in Russian Blue and Black

A STATEMENT regarding Melanistic Agouti and our breeding plans.

AlienRat

Post by AlienRat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 am

I used to hate cardboard bedding. I always found that cardboard squares were smelly, as soon as they got wet, they stunk of wet cardboard. Then I decided to give Finacard a try. For some reason, it doesn't smell when wet, and it isn't dusty. As it is cut finely, it is softer and fluffier than cardboard squares. As I am allergic to rats and I have asthma, I also found another advantage to Finacard over lightweight paper cat litter, is that as it isn't dusty, it doesn't cause huge allergic reactions at clean out time. A great bedding. I give it:
Sabby, RitaVonCheese, Jamie, Ethylene, Victor, Hector, Boris, Gunther

RIP: KimoCandyBenjaminNutbagChinaJeremiahChikinCletusMansonDieterCallistaFifiAlfieAliceGeorgeEvaJemimaPEPoxyAmaraTrixiSpookBuddhaMayaBuboDomdom BuffyWillowJeremy.II MicrobeJeremy

ellieviolet

Post by ellieviolet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:18 am

i use it too, and like the others sat it does absorb smells really well, and my girls enjoy moving the bigger bits around so we are all happy :lol: so i give it
ellie :girly: the dixie does and dude and the disco divas
:rainbow: my angels, not forgotten

velvet_nothing

Post by velvet_nothing » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:12 am

Agreed with all the points above! :) I started using Finacard a few months back and I find it absorbs liquid and odour much better than the cardboard squares I used before, while being just as cheap. So... :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:

Helzie

Post by Helzie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 pm

I also rate this highly - it was the first product I tried, but I haven't felt the need to try anything else, as we've been very happy with it ('we' being the boys :smileyrat: :smileyrat: and me!) for all the reasons above. Arrived quickly, and has lasted months, although I have a hoooooj cage. Customer service also very friendly! :D
Besotted owner of Lundy, Malin, Hebridy and Faeroe :love: Easterly backing southeasterly 2 to 4, squally showers, moderate, good.
Sailing By: Cromarty. I miss you, little man. Fitzroy. O Captain, my Captain.
Member of the Savic Royal Family

Jemma

Post by Jemma » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm

I also had good experiences with finacard. The bale lasted me about 3 months with my Tommy cage (and i don't stint on the litter). It was lovely and fluffy and apparently quite tasty. The boys would choose to lie on this rather than most surfaces in the cage which was nice as they do have a tendency to be too lazy to get out of there bed. It has been one of the best things for keeping smell down that i have tried, though hemp bedding does beat it mildly, however hemp gets everywhere and is a nightmare in a house complete with house proud husband. This stays in the cage and is easy to clean out, oh and get out of your hair. Deffinitley one of my fave litters.
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 am

Another satisfied customer here :D

Finacard is one of the best beddings I have used so far. Not only does it keep the smell down and is very absorbant but the bale size is also not too large so can be stored alot easier. This does not mean it has less product in the bales compared to other cardboard beddings but for someone like me who can't sore more than 6 ecobed bales, I can stored 10 finacard bales in the same space which is just fantastic :D
Finacard also deliver at a time that suits you and is very reasonably priced.

Its gets a

from me 8)
Tanya & The Ionian Rats xx

Ionian Rattery
Breeding for Healthy, Happy Rats in British Blue, British Blue Agouti, Black and Agouti.

Jaynie99

Post by Jaynie99 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Thumbs up from me too :D
:dumbogirly: Bridget, Skipper, Fizzle, Itcy (Fatso) Bitcy (Notso) Nooby & Crunch :dumbogirly:
:rainbow: Dizzy, Pixie, Flake, Lucky, Dolly, Emili, Remi, Ellen, Leela, Rainy & Ruby :rainbow:
:love: Wherever I lay my Rat, that's my home :love:

petrify

Post by petrify » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Me too!

I am another very satisfied customer. Its very absorbent and keeps the smell down. Also, my lovelies do like to play with it, nesting with the bigger pieces and generally rolling around in it like kittens! The bale size vs. price is excellent, in fact I think its the best for value as well as quality. Plus, one bale goes a very very long way!! Lets put it this way, I have a high rise mammal and an abode and a critter, which I clean out weekly, sometimes more, and one bale lasts, on average, about 3-4 months.

it gets a: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: from me!
Rayne & Myst Sleeping:Tempest, Ghost, Whisper, Casper, Lara, Flick, Hopeful, Little Bit, Phoenix, Lady-bum, Embie, Tommy, Fernie, Bea, Aurora, Hazel & Willow, Freya, Missy. Goos Harold & Humphrey

calasen

Post by calasen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:15 pm

At first we had a bad batch of finacard when we ordered a minibail from a seperate source as a test but on contact with them they sent us a replacement which greatly changed our opinion of it :P

Our rats adore it and it meets all their needs -- including throwing it at us when they want attention - its easy to clean up and almost odor free, very little dust and perfect economical :P

We have ordered our first maxibail this month and its HUGE we had to split it with our friend for storage but theres more then enought for us both :P

I'm definately gonna be getting more :p :dumbo: :smileyrat:
Faust, Briar, Nikolai, Jayne, Inara, Kaylee, Saffron, Zoe, Arista, Anya, Freyr, Rosa and Jorja.
R.I.P. Boris, Ginny, Nibbler, Malacoda, Riffraff, Rattas, Puck, Indiana, Blob, Mephistopheles, Basil, River, - run free little ones

purplepony

Post by purplepony » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:11 pm

I've just bought my first bale of finacard and so far I have to say that i'm very impressed. I normally find that most 'dust free' beddings are still quite dusty, but I haven't noticed any dust with finacard. I think it is great value, I have a furet xl, so use a fair bit of bedding, especially as my girls like to have a dig around. It arrived really quickly aswell. :dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo: :dumbo:
:girly:Bubbles, Patch, Poppy :smileyrat: Rex and Hooch
:rainbow: Marbles & Smudge at the bridge :love:

Rose's Mischief

Post by Rose's Mischief » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 pm

I first tried Ecopet, and then decided to try finacard to see which was better value for money, and have now had and used a whole bale of Finacard.

The first thing I noticed was that it is definitely more dusty than Ecopet, and other beddings I have used. Because the cardboard is so thin it is squashed in the pack, and gets a bit disintegratey, and when you pour it out, there is some cardboardy dust, which I would prefer not to have.

Also, annoyingly, because it is so small, it is very easily knocked out of the cage, and within a few hours of putting it in, my floor is littered with fiddly little bits of cardboard, which are very hard to hand-pick up as they are so small.

Sometimes the pieces seemed a little sharp as well, because they are cut so thinly, and my rats definitely slept on the substrate less when I put Finacard in.

Overall, unimpressed, and very tired of scrabbling round on the floor for little scraps of cardboard. So my rating is :dumbo:
:dumbo:Puck(16m) :dumbo:Hugo(13m) :dumbo:Troy(14m)
RIP Franco, Gareth, Fantoosh, Stuart, Mr Quin, Chestnut, Mincemeat, Jonah, Barnaby, and Harvey :dumbohalo:
Rats aren't for everyone ... they're very picky.

NewRat

Post by NewRat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 pm

This is the only substrate I have used for my rats and I would never change. It is great. It's great value for money (£13.99 for a bale, which lasts me 6 months), it's comfortable and soft for the rats to walk on or sleep on, it's clean and safe for the rats. There are no disadvantages in my opinion.

I give it:

RIP David xx Run Free at the Bridge. Love you always xx 19th February 2011
RIP Jack and Mickey xx Run free at the Bridge. Love you forever xx 20th June 2011

rattypetrolhead

Post by rattypetrolhead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm

I had to add another recommendation for Finacard after Dilip just delivered a bale himself this evening :D A bale I had ordered went missing at the couriers and after the replacement wasn't picked up Dilip has popped up from Cambridge to deliver it - this made my day :lol:

I can recommend the product highly, I prefer it for small rats and kittens as the pieces are generally smaller than other cardboard beddings - it's used in most of my cages and in the top of my explorer. I do use Green Mile in the bottom for my girl with HLD purely for the extra spring that the larger pieces give. The customer service at Finacard is first rate - I'm so impressed!

:smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :D
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx