Yesterday's News Cat Litter

Substrate, bedding, food.
Midnight Rose
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Yesterday's News Cat Litter

Post by Midnight Rose » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:53 pm

Rating: Excellent :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:

Yesterday's News is dust free hard pellets of recycled newspaper, these pellets are brilliant. They do not disintegrate at all. I find this perfect for use in litter trays. If you prefer a softer texture or you wish to use it as bedding they make softer and small animal versions too.

Comes in various textures for rabbits, ferrets, cats, a softer cat litter and a small animal bedding version. You just need to find the texture that suits you.

Excellent odour control, unscented, more absorbant than clay litters, non-toxic, safe if ingested, doesn't stick to ratty or human feet and get walked everywhere and the website boasts that it's recommended by veterinarians for post-surgical use.

I use the harder textured cat litter in litter trays only and buy 30lb bags of it online.

For more information see the website
Valiance Rats - London based rattery breeding to extend average lifespan and improve health in the variety American dove and dove agouti.

North of England Rat Society - Pet Initiative

Rose's Mischief

Re: Yesterday's News Cat Litter

Post by Rose's Mischief » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

I have been using this for litter trays, and find it quite good, but recently I have chosen to stop using it, as I discovered it is not just recycled newspaper. It is made of 50% wood pulp (sawdust), which is a slight concern, as the pellets break up quite often, and so the rats are being exposed to the sawdust element.

Rating: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
:dumbo:Puck(16m) :dumbo:Hugo(13m) :dumbo:Troy(14m)
RIP Franco, Gareth, Fantoosh, Stuart, Mr Quin, Chestnut, Mincemeat, Jonah, Barnaby, and Harvey :dumbohalo:
Rats aren't for everyone ... they're very picky.

Snippet

Post by Snippet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

I use it in the litter tray, and I really like it. It doesn't get smelly at all, and doesn't get kicked out of the litter too much. It doesn't disintegrate and is very absorbent.

I give it : :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Cara,
Owned by Willow, Fern and Nix
Missing Snippet and Frost

Amez&Missy_Moo

Post by Amez&Missy_Moo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 pm

After a year of constantly changing my substrate I have finally decided upon using Yesterday's news cat litter. I also buy the 30lb bags for £11 at my local pet warehouse which imo is not a bad price at all!! After using biocatolet for the past 6 months, I have already noticed there are fewer smells and it doesn't get kicked out of the cage as much. It doesn't disintegrate when it's piddled on and you can suprisingly see poops more so spot cleaning is made easy!

I give it: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat: :smileyrat:
Solidus, Ocelot, RC, Zelda, Jaheira, Big Boss, Colonel, Otacon, Drebin, Mei Ling, Meryl, Sunny
Sleep tight Missy, Mortimer, Akiba, Reeves - we miss you lots xx

vegan_jen

Post by vegan_jen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:34 pm

I too am concerned about the sawdust content of this litter. But my main upset with it, is the fact that it is owned by Purina/Nestle, who test on animals. I don't wish to fund this company :sadrat: :( ...Thought this might be useful information for people to know....
:girly: Jinny, Coco, Shiloh :love:
:rainbow: R.I.P Ratty and Bella, miss your cuddles so much xx
Adopt don't shop :D, millions of animals desperately need a second chance at love; we're all they have :hearts: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com