Nebuliser - Bit of a long shot!

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
Amzy

Nebuliser - Bit of a long shot!

Post by Amzy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:37 pm

I can get old of an "Actineb UK Medix Nebuliser system (SN011732)" tonight for my poorly girl if needed.

Now, I have no idea where to start... its got a vial of sodium chloride 0.9% 5ml, as as the tubing/masks etc.

Would the above get me anywhere and make it work?!

I also have a ventolin inhaler somewhere, which I guess might be an alternative, rather than using a nebuliser when I wouldnt know where to start! :)

Thanks!
x
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

malude

Re: Nebuliser - Bit of a long shot!

Post by malude » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:04 pm

I can come over and set it up if you want. I also have some extra saline nebs. PM me :luck:
:love:George, Reuben, Zephyr Brompton Cocktail, Seth & Tate :hearts:
:halo: Daisy Matilda Myrtle Mildred Maud Lucy Mabel Polly Jemima
Ash Murray Martha Eliza Charlie Kit ZephyrRookieOfTheYear Pascoe Iris
:halo:

Nina

Post by Nina » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:31 pm

I use my nebuliser regularly for my poorly boy. I've connected it to a enclosed hamster cage, put a t towel over some of the top and use old flannels to cover the holes on the nebuliser so the air goes into the cage (not included in picture as you wouldn't see the nebuliser). There is a cube inside so they can go in there while its on. The nebuliser attachment is in a cup to keep it upright. I've added a picture to hopefully make sense of it.

Hope that helps

NickyE

Post by NickyE » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm

That's really helpful & useful Nina, thank you!

I bought the nebuliser after I lost my darling Imogen to myco last year.....the vet and i were talking about what other options we had and we both said Nebuliser. He said "hmm they're expensive, I don't know where you'd get one." I answered "Ebay" and went home and set about tracking one down at a reasonable price.

I didn't buy it until after I'd lost my Immy, so it didn't help her: I hope it works some magic for Cookie :hearts:
Cats Steffi Mac
<3 Shadow Noodles Ripley Halle Tia Kembali Tempest River Riley Finn Huxley Lucian
@Bridge cats BorisBillieMo :rainbow: PerdyMittsMrPobZemmiMannyAimeeFlossLucyLiuFargoRiddickMegan MelodyMonkeyImogenBrennaDannyNewtTurkMurphy Miss U :cry:

Nina

Post by Nina » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Hope it helps Cookie. I found my boys freaked out a bit until I put the cube in there, they wanted somewhere to hide.

Good luck

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Set up and doing nebuliser things :lol: Thank you malude and Nicky! xx
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

majeekarevel

Post by majeekarevel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:06 pm

NickyE wrote:That's really helpful & useful Nina, thank you!

I bought the nebuliser after I lost my darling Imogen to myco last year.....the vet and i were talking about what other options we had and we both said Nebuliser. He said "hmm they're expensive, I don't know where you'd get one." I answered "Ebay" and went home and set about tracking one down at a reasonable price.

I didn't buy it until after I'd lost my Immy, so it didn't help her: I hope it works some magic for Cookie :hearts:
I wish I'd known this before Revel died :cry:
Out of my mind . . . . . . . back in 5 minutes!!

Goodbye for now my angel Revel, love you lots and lots :hearts: :dumbohalo: :dumborainbow: