New water bottle

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
pipsqueak

New water bottle

Post by pipsqueak » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:47 pm

We have just bought a new water bottle for our girls after my hubby heard it was a good one to get. I and the girls don't like it! It's a ferplast sippy and it wasn't particularly cheap. Our girls don't seem to know what to make of it and are just trying to chew it. It's rather difficult to take off and put back on and although it looks like u can top it up in situ it's no good for replacing the water completely. After having it in place for a few hours i hadn't seen anyone drinking so was a bit concerned. Hubby put the pets at home bunny bottle back on with some wire, as a broken holder was the reason we bought a new one. It was like they hadn't drank for days and I feel so guilty! I wonder if pets at home will refund it? Anyone have anything good to say about the sippy?

acapae_wolf

Re: New water bottle

Post by acapae_wolf » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Give them a while to get the hang of it - I wouldn't assume they would work it out immediately. On that note though, and them drinking like they hadn't for ages, you should always have 2 water sources available in case there is a problem with 1 (very unlikely to with 2 in between times of refilling to notice). So I would stick both bottles on the cage and see what happens :luck:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

pomcat

Post by pomcat » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:54 pm

I saw those but i simply didn't like the look of them, or the price tag.. and i cant understand why you would just top it up rather than emptying/rinsing and refilling it, what were they thinking?

on another note.. a PAH just opened up near me, i was there on the first day it opened and was the first visitor, i love PAH, i took my rat with me on my shoulder once and the staff loved him ^_^

RattyRenton

Post by RattyRenton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:03 am

I had one years ago for my gerbils because you can stick them to the side of a tank but I took it out after a day, the gerbs couldn't work it out. Awful bottles.
Heather x
and the Ratties; Marley, Dylan, Ewan, Charley, Dale, Mitch, Milo, Timmy, Archie, Arthur, Bruce and Basil

:rainbow: Thorston, Si, Dave, Roger and George :dumborainbow:

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 pm

:( i also had one ages go and it was a awfull awkward thing that they couldnt get the hang of without getting a face full of water.in my opinion its just a modern gimmick that looks nice but has no practical use at a stupid price. i now stick to good old fashioned bottles.
oh and igot mine refunded by p@h i just said it ws as faulty told them it was leaking .good luck :wink:

Rattybabe

Post by Rattybabe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 am

I've had rats that could use them Ok, but others who couldn't work them out. However, my guinea pigs wont use anything else - they can't work out normal water bottles!!!
Emma & the furries x x