Lost rattie found me...

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!
mad_as_aurora

Lost rattie found me...

Post by mad_as_aurora » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to tell you all my fab news. I found a rat, or rather it found me, this week. He was wondering outside my flat, starving and dehydrated. I haven't been able to track down his owner so I have adopted him :-) He found me less than 2 months after my last rattie died. I recently moved into a small flat so wasn't sure whether to get any more rats, but he has decided for me lol! I have had him 5 days now and he is doing really well. When I found him he was so hungry and thirsty, and his tail was all scabby like he had been attacked or caught it on something. Tail is nearly scab free now :-)
I have called him Perdus (French for lost).
I thought you rattie lovers would like to hear my happy story :-) Perdus was lucky to be found, but even luckier to be found by a rattie lover! :D
Dawn

RIP Molly & Gracie. Now the proud owner of Perdus & Vito
*Note - bold/colour tags/extra lines removed to meet the signature guidelines. (Please remove this note once seen, thank you.)*

Lindsei

Re: Lost rattie found me...

Post by Lindsei » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Awww what a lovely story :love: I hope you have lots of fun with your new rattie.

Pics would be nice :D
:dumbobaby: Rain - Powder Blue Doe, :dumbobaby: Willow - Husky Doe, :baby: Ratty - Silver Fawn Hooded Buck,
:baby: Tango - Silver Fawn Hooded Buck, :baby: Banksy - Agouti Berkshire Buck, :baby: Mr Jingles - Black Bershire Buck

Happy Hammocks

Jimi+Milo

Post by Jimi+Milo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Aw brilliant he found you! I assume he's a fancy rat? Will he be getting a friend to keep him company :D ?

Piccies please :D
Hannah
Mummy to 2 boys Cheech and Chino :hearts:
Missing my sleeping little angel Milo and big squishy Jimi :hearts:

Blue Dragon

Post by Blue Dragon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 am

Aww, bless : 3
Georgie, Inky, Sugar, Jacky and Laratta.
And to all my ratties who have passed, I'll miss you all till I see you again. You're Gone for now, but never forgotten.

BasilTheRat

Post by BasilTheRat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:11 am

What a lovely story, well done for you for the rescue! I hope to see some photos soon
Andy and the ratties: Seven, Kes, Luna, Ada, Orion, Bandit
:rainbow: Janeway, Shandy, Deanna, Izzy, Kira
And the youngest of the family is moving with authority,
Building castles by the sea, he dares the tardy tide to wash them all aside...

lamb

Post by lamb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

Peruds must be the luckiest rat in the world. Your story made my eyes fill up. :cry: Sounds like a match made in heaven :hearts:

mad_as_aurora

Post by mad_as_aurora » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 am

Jimi&milo, yes he is most defo a fancy rat. He is a grey and white dumbo and very tame :-) here are some pics if the links work:

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af74 ... 0068_s.jpg

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af74 ... 2947_n.jpg

And don't worry everyone, he will be getting a friend or 2 if I do keep him. I am not 100% decided on keeping him yet, I do really really want to but money is tight right now :-(
Dawn

*Note - bold/colour tags/extra lines removed to meet the signature guidelines. (Please remove this note once seen, thank you.)*

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Have you got him on Anti-biotics as he's been outside?

He's very cute. I dont know how people can release rats outside :(
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

Neotoma

Post by Neotoma » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Aw, poor lad. I'd get him a course of broad spectrum ABs (something like synulox) just to be on the safe side, and if he's had a scabby tail, it might also be worth getting him checked for mites.

I don't understand it either - given you can dump a rat with few questions asked at PAH, I just don't see why people chuck them out. But they do... (my sausage was foundunder a garden shed, having been dumped in the snow last Nov)
Alison and the horde of squish :smileyrat:

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Neotoma wrote:Aw, poor lad. I'd get him a course of broad spectrum ABs (something like synulox) just to be on the safe side, and if he's had a scabby tail, it might also be worth getting him checked for mites.

I don't understand it either - given you can dump a rat with few questions asked at PAH, I just don't see why people chuck them out. But they do... (my sausage was foundunder a garden shed, having been dumped in the snow last Nov)
And the stupid thing... it happens alot! More than I ever thought it would happen anyway. Considering 2 rats were released in a park and then produced 70 between them shows what can happen :o and I was contacted about 3 found under a shed. I'd routinely mite treat if he's been outside :D

Some people really make me angry. How hard is it to dump outside p@h, a pet shop or a vets - You don't even have to communicate with them if you really dont want to!! :angry:

Rant over :roll:
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave

Cate

Post by Cate » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:24 pm

What a sweetheart he is! :D

dustbunny

Post by dustbunny » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:51 pm

ooohh soooo sooo happy you have found him and taken him in poor little thing. breaks my heart
owned by primrose, buttercup and caisey.
Member of R T C C (Ratty Tower Cage Club).

Rach210

Post by Rach210 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 pm

What a lovely story and what a handsome boy. It sounds like fate!
Owned by Jack and Charlie my two fatty ratties

mad_as_aurora

Post by mad_as_aurora » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:14 pm

thanks to secretpennell I have now borrowed a jenny cage until I can move mine down here (its still at the parents house!). Also, secretpennell has a rat rescue place and was able to find Perdus a new friend, or as it so seems, his first friend, it would appear he has never seen another rat...
I'm now keeping a close eye on Perdus & Vito to make sure there are no nasty scraps. Hoping they will be pals soon enough! Wish me luck!
Dawn

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Ideally he shouldn't be intro'ed for 2 weeks as he should be quarantined for being outside. And as you don't have any rats at yours then air space issues wouldn't be a problem :)

It's so sad when they've been alone but I'm sure he'll soon learn some ratty social Skills!