Freddy 2

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
msmara

Freddy 2

Post by msmara » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 am

I love my Freddy cage but the base has a massive crack in it after I decided to pass out while carrying it down the stairs, so I was wondering. Would you pay £40 for a Freddy? Technically I suppose I don't need it but everytime I get rid of all my spare cages someone gets ill or hurts a paw & I'm left unable to separate them :roll:
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

RattyRenton

Re: Freddy 2

Post by RattyRenton » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:00 am

Depends what accessories came with it. I got a Freddy for £10 once, it was in perfect condition but had no shelves or anything. I wouldn't pay £40 personally.
Heather x
and the Ratties; Marley, Dylan, Ewan, Charley, Dale, Mitch, Milo, Timmy, Archie, Arthur, Bruce and Basil

:rainbow: Thorston, Si, Dave, Roger and George :dumborainbow:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:18 am

There are so many second hand ones on the market these days you can get them for about £20. usually without the accesories but unless your just starting out and have no accesories it doesnt matter. i dont think i'd but a new oneconsidering what else you can get for the same price but saying that Freddy's are my favourite small cage...........ps if its just the base thats broken its prob poss to get just a replacement base.
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

msmara

Post by msmara » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 pm

no, no accessories included, just a freddy - not even the shelf it comes with.

Thanks, I'll have a look around for a base :D
Samara & the Squishness
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

Lostgirl08

Post by Lostgirl08 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

No not without a shelve of anything extra I like them don't think id pay more then £30 and it would have to come with bits
My girls- Rosie, Tinker, Lyra, Indy, Belle, Pixie, Rain and Neiva
The boys- megaton, Ironhide, optimus prime, barricade, B and starscream
Run Free- Poppy 10.7.11
Plus Oliver toast,peppa,foxy,zeb,bear, Levi and Bruce

shibby69

Post by shibby69 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 pm

wouldn't pay £40 for one with a broken base, no. It'd have to be in very good condition and with shelves for me to pay that much I think
Kyra x
Atlas rattery - Breeding for essex in russian blue, and also breeding russian dove, buff and black
http://www.atlasrats.co.uk

msmara

Post by msmara » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:30 pm

shibby69 wrote:wouldn't pay £40 for one with a broken base, no. It'd have to be in very good condition and with shelves for me to pay that much I think
Oh, no, wasn't looking to sell my broken one, was looking to buy one to replace it :)
Samara & the Squishness

purple_vixen

Post by purple_vixen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:16 pm

I wouldn't pay more than £20 for a second hand Freddy. I'll keep an eye out for you.

If you need a hospital cage whilst waiting for a cheap cage to cone up, you can always borrow one of ours.

Vix.
'There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more.' - The Smiths, 'Handsome Devil'.

Animal Pics * Pixel Juice the LoLRat * Twitter

shibby69

Post by shibby69 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

msmara wrote:
shibby69 wrote:wouldn't pay £40 for one with a broken base, no. It'd have to be in very good condition and with shelves for me to pay that much I think
Oh, no, wasn't looking to sell my broken one, was looking to buy one to replace it :)
Ohhh, lol! :lol: sorrryyyyy :oops:
Kyra x
Atlas rattery - Breeding for essex in russian blue, and also breeding russian dove, buff and black
http://www.atlasrats.co.uk

msmara

Post by msmara » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm

purple_vixen wrote:I wouldn't pay more than £20 for a second hand Freddy. I'll keep an eye out for you.

If you need a hospital cage whilst waiting for a cheap cage to cone up, you can always borrow one of ours.

Vix.
May take you up on that, thank you :)
Samara & the Squishness