Rat Friendly Wasp Killer

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Soraya79

Rat Friendly Wasp Killer

Post by Soraya79 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Help!! My Rats live in the utility room and there's a wasps nest in the extractor fan vent in the room with them. I've sealed up the vent inside the room with cling film but need to kill the nest. The rentokil guy suggested squirting ant powder into the vent from outside the house but I'm worried the dust will affect my ratties (I'd obviously move them to another room during the treatment but how long would they need to stay out of the room for??). Has anyone had a similar problem in the past? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Hanlou

Re: Rat Friendly Wasp Killer

Post by Hanlou » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Have you tried a (( Waspinator ))?? They are totally chemical free and are supposed to really work! :D
Love Han and the (( Lilliput Three - Nisha, Lila and Koko )) :girly:
:rainbow: Goodbye Mollie, Blossom, Flora, Fudge, Rolo, Bailey, Tia, Honey, Poppy and Daisy xx

Jimi+Milo

Post by Jimi+Milo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 am

Sadly they dont work if theres an actual nest :cry:
Hannah
Mummy to 2 boys Cheech and Chino :hearts:
Missing my sleeping little angel Milo and big squishy Jimi :hearts:

Felix

Post by Felix » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

Jimi+Milo wrote:Sadly they dont work if theres an actual nest :cry:
Oh Poo! is that a fact? I was so pleased to see Hanlou's link as a friend's partner is having issue with a wasp nest in a mound of earth/garden near to the house and I'd never heard of waspinator before.
I sent him the link. will it definitely not help? should i tell him not to wate his money? or do you think it might work since they are in an underground nest rather than the typical hangy grey thing?

Kim N

Post by Kim N » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:26 am

I read through almost all the info for it when I saw the link and it says that it needs to be placed before an existing nest is there as the way it works is to make wasps looking for a place to nest believe that place is already taken and they move on to find an open place. So if they are already established there they won't be bothered because it is already their territory. They are best placed in the spring when the wasps are out looking for a suitable nesting place. I think I will get several to place around my house and garden for next spring. :lol: