Advice needed for Intro Cage

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Nichmerry

Advice needed for Intro Cage

Post by Nichmerry » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi All

I'm getting ready for my new girls to arrive on Saturday: cage is on order and hopefully arriving tomorrow. I just wanted to know what sort of things I should have in the intro cage - is it best to keep things simple? I especially want to know about places to sleep - my current girls like to sleep inside an igloo but I don't think they will fit in one with the new girls too! I want them to bond so is it best to leave out an enclosed sleeping space so they can all be together?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks xxx
Nichola and her girls: Scout and Gwen

Still missing her boys: Ally and Logan

fuschia

Re: Advice needed for Intro Cage

Post by fuschia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah you've got the right idea :D Best to keep things nice and simple, instead of an igloo how about a good sized open hammock? :luck:
:girly: Polly,Greta,Libby & Delylah :love: Billy,Eugene,Stan,Darwin,Dougal & Towser
:rainbow: All those gone before, forever remembered :hearts:

Nichmerry

Post by Nichmerry » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks :) I have a spare hammock so will put it to use! May get a second food bowl and water bottle to avoid arguments as well.
Nichola and her girls: Scout and Gwen

Still missing her boys: Ally and Logan

not_ginger

Post by not_ginger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Mine have nothing at all (bar substrate, scattered feed and lots of water bottles) when they first go in together. Once they're all sleeping together I add a large open hammock.
*Angela*
And Ronan :smileyrat: ,Riddle :smileyrat: ,Ralph :dumbo: ,Roland :dumbo: ,Boots :teen: ,Bloo :teen: ,tilty Roobarb :teen: and the new babies Baldrick :baby: and runty Gaspode :dumbobaby:
R.I.P rainbow rats :rainbow: Missing Rooney already :(

nikki123

Post by nikki123 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:29 pm

not_ginger wrote:Mine have nothing at all (bar substrate, scattered feed and lots of water bottles) when they first go in together. Once they're all sleeping together I add a large open hammock.
I do the same :D
Nikki x
Girls Poppy Peggy Kitty Mouse Ceres Hattie Savannah Elena Eve Daisy Rosie Paige Saffy Charlotte Delia Isis Blossom Petal Rio Riley

Boys Zippy Lucas Gobo Boots Harley Jack Ash Baldrick Flynn Maximus